Profile for Mistlegigg > Reviews

Half Yard Heaven: Easy Sewing Projects Using Left-Over Pieces of Fabric
by Debbie Shore
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks lovely, a bit short on details, 26 Oct 2013
Lots of things I wanted to make in this one, the photos on Search Inside were great for helping me make my choice. I've made the Craft caddy for my mum's birthday, and found that more detail was needed in the written instructions. The photos are nice and clear, but for instance, the pockets are made with a little pleat in the centre of each piece of fabric. It would have been good to know that by the time you've sewn the side seams together, the pleat that you carefully placed in the middle of the pocket will actually be a good centimetre to the left because you've used up some of the fabric sewing the seam. Perhaps I should have been able to predict this, but I have only been sewing for a couple of years and I simply followed the instructions.
So it's a bit ambiguous in places, but I'm still going to make some of the other items- just with my notes written all over it as I go so I won't make mistakes again!

Sticky Labels - great for gift wrapping!
Sticky Labels - great for gift wrapping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, 10 May 2013
Loved by the little girl I bought them for. I really fancy a book of them myself now. Put them on my wish list.