Profile for Chris H > Reviews

PADDY CLARKE HA HA HA
PADDY CLARKE HA HA HA
by Roddy Doyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous., 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: PADDY CLARKE HA HA HA (Paperback)
What a great read. A fabulous insight into growing up in the 1960s. It made me laugh out loud one minute and the next be sad at how cruel children can be. Not sure if I actually liked Paddy, but certainly gave me a lot to think about.
I would definitely recommend.

Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sleeping Dogs (Kindle Edition)
I had to smile. It reminded me of an 11 year old writing for a level 4 SATS paper, who had been told to 'put in some big words every now and then' and to 'add some punctuation better than a full stop'.
It may have achieved a level 4 but certainly nothing higher. The writing style was incredibly old fashioned and vocabulary-poor, a cross between Agatha Christie and the Woman's Weekly my granny used to read decades ago.
Sorry but not for me, couldn't get further than 15% through.

Large Display Magnetic Digital Kitchen Timer - rubberised finish - Red
Large Display Magnetic Digital Kitchen Timer - rubberised finish - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 27 Nov 2013
Don't bother with this. I bought this as I wanted to replace the fridge magnet timer I'd had for years, and there wasn' t too much choice. Even after following the instructions, It's almost impossible to programme, sometimes it works but mainly it just flashes up with the time of day. Don't know if mine is just faulty or the manufacture is poor.

Yousave Accessories Silicone Gel Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Purple / Clear
Offered by PJA Distribution Ltd
Price: 3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend, 27 Nov 2013
Great colour, looks fab against my white phone.Comes with 1 screen protector which was easy to fit. Great value for money.

Kingavon BB-TS210 24 Hour Plug-in Timer Socket Set
Kingavon BB-TS210 24 Hour Plug-in Timer Socket Set
Price: 9.04

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 27 Nov 2013
A bit cheap looking and outdated these days, but they did exactly what I wanted them to do. I would say good value for money.

AA Touring Atlas New Zealand
AA Touring Atlas New Zealand
by AA Publishing

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, 7 Sep 2013
Good value. Good clear details. Ideal for touring. Only downside is the folds in the middle of the double pages obscures some of the map - always right on the bit you need to see. Would be better with ringbinder type pages maybe ?

Silverline 633400 Folding Box Trolley 25kg
Silverline 633400 Folding Box Trolley 25kg
Price: 15.53

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, 21 Oct 2012
I've had this less than a week to transport files etc to school and back - about 50 yards from school to my car in car park- and already the bottom has fallen out twice. My advice - don't bother!