Profile for Mr. N. Walmsley > Reviews

Mr. N. Walmsley

Remember You're A Womble
Remember You're A Womble

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep on Wombling, 20 Nov 2010
Great, fantastic, Brilliant, need I say more! For those of a certain age who grew up with the Wombles this will bring back so many memories. Also my teenage kids liked it as well, and it even made it on to an i-pod. Good fun music never loses its edge.

If you want to relive a time when you could play out and your parents weren't worried about where you were or who was about. When Boys wanted to be Wellington or Orinoco and the girls wanted to be Madame Chaulate, when Choppers were the only bikes to have then go on and indulge yourself and be a kid once more!

A Dictionary of English Surnames (Oxford Paperback Reference)
A Dictionary of English Surnames (Oxford Paperback Reference)
by Reaney
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant resource, 20 Nov 2010
I bought this book along with a couple of other surname books for a little project I have been doing on the names that appear in my family tree.
Out of the books I bought this book was by far the most used, it gave me everything I needed and more. If you are interested in the Origins of your families name I suggest you get this book. Even when not doing the project I had it by my side and just kept dipping in and out of it, it is that good.
If you want a companion book to go with it I'd suggest you get A Dictionary of British Place-Names (Oxford Paperback Reference), as this will help you understand where the places that relate to your family names come from.