Profile for Mr. Stephen Barnes > Reviews

Red Lights [Blu-ray]
Red Lights [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: Red Lights [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The story builds up quite well, takes quite a journey to get to the point of it, as you can imagine there is a twist in the tail, one you have to put your own interpretation to, could mean several things. Acting okay, surprised to find the two main actors in this, perhaps they thought it would be better received than it was. Okay for slight titillation and a bag of crisps on the settee on a cold night.

6 Beautiful Quadra Glass Bottles with Ceramic Swing Stoppers: Ideal for Sloe Gin, Spirits and Sauces, 250ml
Offered by Nutley's Kitchen Gardens

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for liquid gifts., 5 Dec 2012
Bottles arrived 2 days after ordered, none broken all intact. Bottles are just as shown the stoppers appear very good. I want these for giving sloe gin as a gift, seem ideal, I would think these could be used for any liquid. The sides are nice and square just right for a nice designed label to be put on.

Geo Hiball Pint HeadStart Glasses CE 20oz / 568ml (Pack of 6)
Geo Hiball Pint HeadStart Glasses CE 20oz / 568ml (Pack of 6)
Offered by Thomco Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 1 Nov 2012
My daughter in law is well known for breaking glasses, and always finds it hard to have the right glass for the job for everyone, so I have purchased 6 of these with 6 other smaller hiballs, to restock them for Christmas, as we are visiting. These glasses are just like the ones you use in a pub, so good quality. The suppliers were very quick in delivering, both sets of glasses in the one box, very well padded, no breakages.

All-Green 10 Litre Biobag Compostable Kitchen Caddy Bin Liners, 75 Bags
All-Green 10 Litre Biobag Compostable Kitchen Caddy Bin Liners, 75 Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice, 1 Nov 2012
I was fed up with scraping each bit of waste food in to the bin outdoors every time it appeared, so now with a 10 lt bin in the house with these bin bags in I can just scrape it straight in to it. The only thing I would say is that it is best not to fill them to the top, they are quite adequate for the job, but if you fill them they start to split a bit, especially if you put a lot of wet waste in, and don't empty it a lot, as they begin degrading. So do as I do, fill about half full then twist the top and tie off, then throw in to the green wate bin, the council are quite okay with them as they are biodegradable. I can reccomend them.

Addis Long Handle Dustpan & Broom Metallic
Addis Long Handle Dustpan & Broom Metallic
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, 18 Oct 2012
Oh my aching back, well no more due to dustpans, this is the answer, and not a badly made answer, quite sturdy considering, the broom fits nicely in to the handle so the two can stay together and you're not looking for one or the other separately. Is light and easy to use, full marks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2014 11:42 AM BST

Spellbinders 8.25 x 11.75 cm Raspberry Spacer Plates
Spellbinders 8.25 x 11.75 cm Raspberry Spacer Plates
Offered by Guru Solutions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Crafting, 18 Oct 2012
Purchased for the wife who is a card crafter, this is essential for her new crafting toy which embosses card. At the time Amazon was about the only place we could find it for sale. She is quite satisfied with the product.

Duracell Ultra Digital Camera Battery CR-V3
Duracell Ultra Digital Camera Battery CR-V3

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a battery, 18 Oct 2012
I have been using this battery for years and it has never let me down, I use it for the wife's camera which she uses quite a bit on the grandchildren, so it gets a lot of use. I think Boots is the only high street store I've been able to buy it, so it's so easy to buy from Amazon, and I believe but will not swear, that it is cheaper at Amazon.

10 Litre Urba Kitchen Food Waste Caddy - Moss Green
10 Litre Urba Kitchen Food Waste Caddy - Moss Green
Offered by Gardening Delights Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Answer, 18 Oct 2012
What to do with kitchen waste such as peelings and left food on the plate, put a biodegradable sack in this and scrape them in. Holds a good amount and can be kept in the utility room or by the back door of the kitchen as it has a lid. Then when nearly full, tie up the bag and throw in the recyclable bin, easy. This is a good product, exspecially for the price, it has been the answer to my problem of food waste.

The Sea
The Sea

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Sea (Audio CD)
Have just purchased this and 'Melanie C Stages', which I have also reviewed. As I said in the other review I was brought up with the Beatles and Stones so am ancient now, just in to the 60's, but do I like this girl, she has a very good voice, I'm not an expert on production or style etc., but this is amazing, can easily reccomend, hope the fact I'm 60 does not put you off, I can be trendy.

Stages
Stages

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
Arrived only this morning, am playing at the moment, I don't know who chose the songs for Melanie, but what a good choice. She sings them excellently, I have not purchased a Melanie CD before, what an oversight. I have also purchased "The Sea", also excellent. I was brought up in the time of the Beatles and the Stones so am now ancient just moved in to the 60's, but not too old to appreciate this CD. Great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3