Profile for Benito > Reviews

Content by Benito

Benito (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
60 x Top Flite Mix - Pearl / A Grade Used Golf Balls | 5 Dozen | Gator Golf Balls Ltd
Offered by Green Golf Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice!, 22 Aug. 2014
I was a bit anxious about buying lake balls rather than paying more for brand new golf balls. Would I get the correct number of balls? Would they be chipped, scuffed or marked? I read lots of reviews on Amazon and opted for these. I'm so glad I did. Top flite are a decent make, I got the full 60 balls delivered in three days. They were all in perfect condition apart from one which was slightly discoloured. Two had company logos on them. If you're looking for excellent golf balls, don't want to pay full price and don't know which product review sounds the best, do what I did and go for these ones. I certainly didn't regret it!

xxr Gel Max Padded Cycling Gloves MTB Mountain Bike Biker Gloves Fingerless Bicycle Exercise Gym Fitness Gloves Amara Gloves (Medium)
Offered by ZOR Fitness

1.0 out of 5 stars For occasional use only?, 24 Jun. 2014
I looked at quite a few cycling gloves on Amazon (all with ratings of 4 stars or above), reading reviews and decided to opt for these ones. I bought a medium pair for myself and a larger pair for my friend, then went cycling for three days around some of the islands on the Outer Hebrides (120 miles). By the end of the first 40mile section the stitching around one of the gel pads had split and the material round the thumb was beginning to come undone. Unlucky, I thought. Then by the end of the second 40 mile section the stitching on part of my own gloves started to split. Aargh! I should mention that the weather was good and road condition not too gruelling. It's not as if these gloves were put under any undue pressure. It's such a shame, they looked good and appeared to be well made, but unless you're going to use them for an occasional short cycle, I'd be wary of buying them. Please note - other reviewers have mentioned they only use these gloves for short cycles or for the gym. Maybe that's their niche!

TRIXES 4 in 1 Red Laser Pointer Pen Silver PDA Stylus Led Teaching Gadget Pen
TRIXES 4 in 1 Red Laser Pointer Pen Silver PDA Stylus Led Teaching Gadget Pen
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for work presentations and for entertaining cats., 5 Oct. 2012
As the title suggests I use this product as a pointer while doing my presentations at work and also to entertain my two kittens at home. It performs both functions admirably. The pen is well made and is quite robust. The red laser is clear, bright and precise. It works well on projector screens or walls, even in rooms that are well lit. My cats love chasing the elusive red dot about my house, giving them plenty of exercise while I sit in my armchair!
The pen works on 3x AG3 batteries - you get one set in the pen and another spare set in the sleek metal presentation box. The first set of batteries has lasted a month after constant use, but it's cheap as chips to order more from Amazon. The pen also has a small white light torch next to the laser and is also a working biro. It was delivered quickly and arrived well packaged, but still small enough to fit throught your letterbox.
So, if you need a teaching aid, a toy to entertain cats, a torch and/or a pen, you've just found your ideal product!

Beto Track Pump with Gauge For MTB & Road Bikes
Beto Track Pump with Gauge For MTB & Road Bikes
Offered by Adventure Northumberland

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Aug. 2011
If you are using a mini-pump to inflate the tyres of your bike while at home then you should change to this. The only reason you should have a mini-pump is for inflating tyres while on the move (eg after repairing a puncture). Every bike owner should have one of these in their garage/shed. The pump has a dual head for compatability with Schrader and Presto valves. If you're not sure what type your bike has it'll definitely be one or the other. The pump is SO easy to use - fit the appropriate head to the valve, flick the lock on, pump to desired pressure, unlock and remove pump. The whole process will take you less than 15 seconds - even if your tyres are completely flat. I thought the gauge on the pump was a bit naff to be honest, but I've always squeezed the tyre to check the pressure anyway so it made no difference to me. The instruction card is a bit naff too but you really won't need it. The pump is lightweight, sturdy and not too big for easy storage. It has two built in clips to keep the cable in place while the pump is not in use. You can use it for tyres on bikes, cars, caravans, motorbikes. Even with the naff gauge and instruction card this product still gets 5 stars from me.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

5.0 out of 5 stars A good story - and free!!!, 14 July 2011
I can't believe this book is so far down the list of top 100 free books available for Kindle. All the other books must be masterpieces, although I don't believe that for a minute.
Of all the free books available for Kindle this is one you should definitely download. It's a classic. It deals with various themes, is well paced, has an interesting plot (and sub-plots), most of the characters are well developed, it's well written and easy to read. In short, it describes the trials and tribulations of a wealthy family (the father and son in particular) as they live on two different continents. Each continent, of course, brings it's own set of problems for the family to deal with (as individuals and collectively). Whatever you enjoy in a book, this has something for everyone without becoming too heavily involved in any one genre. It's simply a really good story!
I would heartily recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading - regardless of their preferred genre, their age, their sex etc etc.
Download it now for free and I guarantee you will not be sorry!

A Journal of the Plague Year, written by a citizen who continued all the while in London

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and interesting, 3 April 2011
I feel I should add another glowing review to those already submitted. I won't go into the reasons why - every other 5 star review covers all the points I'd make myself. I will say that this is NOT a work of fiction as suggested by other reviewers (how can it possibly be fictional?). It is a contemporary journal/account of the epidemic and how it affected the population of London (and surrounding countryside), but it reads like a novel at times.
Highly recommended for people with an interest in history or the subject matter.
PS I have the Kindle version - only one or two transcription errors (they don't affect the quality) and downloaded for free!!!

The Crusades: The War for the Holy Land
The Crusades: The War for the Holy Land
by Thomas Asbridge

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting and insightful piece of work., 25 Oct. 2010
I completely agree with every other review - this is an outstanding book that covers the whole crusading era from both the Islamic and Christian point of view. It discusses the social, political and religious aspect of the crusades in great detail. All the main characters of the time (plus many of the lesser known ones) are brought to life. The book is well researched, very well written and unbiased. It has enough maps to keep me happy and there are 16 pages of photographs/illustrations. The only down side for me was that Mr Asbridge didn't go into enough detail on the military tactics used by the armies involved and gives comparatively brief descriptions of the battles that took place. Please don't let that put you off this masterpiece of a book. It still thoroughly deserves the five stars awarded by me and the other reviewers.
I'm not sure how useful the book will be for students studying History and such like, but for everyone else who's interested in this era - you won't find a better alternative.

2L Hot Water Bottle 2 Tone Blue Soft Fleecy Cover New
2L Hot Water Bottle 2 Tone Blue Soft Fleecy Cover New

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just what I was looking for too!!, 10 Mar. 2010
I wanted to get a hot water bottle with cover as a small gift for my girlfriend and both of us were pleased with this product. The cover is indeed soft and fleecy, and the hot water bottle you get with it is ribbed. It transmits heat very effectively but the cover is thick enough not to scald any sensitive legs and is easy to remove. I was pleased with the price and the delivery time.

Eurolight Front & Rear Led Light Set with Static and Flashing Modes
Eurolight Front & Rear Led Light Set with Static and Flashing Modes

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 1 July 2009
Easy to fit lights. The only fault I'd have with these lights is that the front one (which is a green LED) isn't really as bright as I'd have liked. They do have a 'cheap' feel about them. Apart from that they're fine and do a job. This is why I've given it three stars.

Magnum AL4 Armoured Lock, 110 cm x 25 mm
Magnum AL4 Armoured Lock, 110 cm x 25 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Big meaty lock!! Great!!, 1 July 2009
All the reviews say the same thing and they are all accurate. This lock is imposingly big, sturdy, good length and would deter any thief. Only one review mentions the weight of the lock though, which is considerable (over a kilo I reckon). You WILL need a backpack or panniers to carry it about. Small price to pay for peace of mind though.

Page: 1 | 2