Profile for Truth be told > Reviews

Content by Truth be told

Truth be told "ichughgrant"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sicario [Blu-ray]
Sicario [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Emily Blunt

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, be careful of Dolby Atmos soundtrack as ..., 8 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Sicario [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Great movie, be careful of Dolby Atmos soundtrack as some blu ray players (like mine, two years old only) can't 'play' it even through a 5.1 set up.

Battlefield Hardline (PS4)
Battlefield Hardline (PS4)

3.0 out of 5 stars This is Call of Duty that looks like Battlefield. I like the 'classic' Battlefield with the ..., 20 Mar. 2015
It's solidly made, but it isn't Battlefield. This is Call of Duty that looks like Battlefield. I like the 'classic' Battlefield with the larger maps, useful vehicles, slightly slower less frenetic gameplay. This is really twitchy with a lot of people just running around. That can be great, but I hate that sort of thing (probably because I lack the reflexes). If you've ever loved Call of Duty and wanted something like that but a bit more Battlefieldy, this is it. If you want BF4 but with a cops and robbers theme be aware that it's a VERY different experience. Beautifully made, definitely, but a huge disappointment for me.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2015 3:50 PM GMT

The Platinum Collection: Face Value / No Jacket Required / ...But Seriously (3CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but Autorip warning!!, 8 Nov. 2013
You do NOT get the MP3s for all of the music in this set with autorip but only '... But Seriously'. Which is crap considering what the page suggests you will get.

Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by scaddingk

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond appalling, 17 Feb. 2013
pretty much dreadful in every way, it's so broken. I have had a close call or two in the past nearly missing a decent game from bad reviews so went for this, it truly is terrible, so much so in fact that I wonder whether the might be some way to send the game back as it is so sub standard in terms of quality. It won't even be worth a bargain bucket price.

Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Instant Film Camera White + 70 Instax Mini Film
Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Instant Film Camera White + 70 Instax Mini Film

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, but an important point on this bundle, 13 Feb. 2013
This is the Instax 7s 100 exposure bundle that someone has opened and removed 3 film packs from, not a bespoke bundle. Probably shouldn't matter but it seems a bit off to me to get a box someone has been in and fiddled with : /

Moon California Road Trip: San Francisco, Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Los Angeles (Moon Handbooks)
by Michael Cervin

1.0 out of 5 stars Like turning up to see the Half Dome to find it covered in scaffolding, 30 Jan. 2013
This isn't a road trip guide, it is a collection of typical guidebook info about 5 destinations you might visit on a road trip in CA (San Fran, LA, Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon) but really naff all about the in-between, i.e. the road. OK, there's a paltry bit of info in the intro to each area re getting to Yosemite from San Fran (for example). We're driving LV to San Fran via the coast. Anything about Death Valley? Sequoia Forest, King's Canyon? Nope. Motels along the way? Nope. Sights along the route? Nope. In fact that big giveaway that this is a repackaging of basic guidebook info they must have from other guides is in the back, where 'travelling by car' comes after 'travelling by train', tragic and somehow hilarious.

Massively disappointing.

The Parallax Ii: Future Sequence
The Parallax Ii: Future Sequence

5.0 out of 5 stars Cor blimey wow, 5 Dec. 2012
I took a punt with this, I don't usually listen to this kind of music at all and I have to admit that my first listen made me think 'Oh dear what a waste of money'. Stupid thought. I listened more, then a bit more, then a lot more, learning all the time, training my ear just like I did when I started listening to Miles Davis. Now I won't take this disc out of my player, it is absolutely blooming astoundingly incredible and every single listening session teaches you more about this disc and the astonishing music contained. My next step after submitting this is to order another disc by these geniuses.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bots bots bots, thank goodness for bots., 14 Nov. 2012
I enjoyed Call of Duty several years ago, I think it was the first Modern Warfare title. But then it got really stale, looked dated every year (each year seeming worse and worse and more in need of a fresh coat of paint). Each year I have given the game a try, just in case, and each year so far I have been terribly disappointed - until now.

I simply couldn't believe what i was seeing, and hearing, and playing when I put the disc in last night. The game looked so good and so beautifully smooth at such a consistently high frame rate. And then I tried the multiplayer, same feeling - this is so cool, so much fun, so much... better.

Then, for me, the killer moment - you can play all of the multiplayer game types offline (or online with a friend) against bots. Bots that are actually intelligent and darned challenging. I do really enjoy playing online but I am not terribly good and often just get really frustrated as players with skill trample me over and over. And then there's the ever present issue of bad behaviour and horrible communications you get online in games like this. I can cope but would rather not have to. So being able to play matches with and against bots with a friend or two is IDEAL.

Am thoroughly smitten with this game, and very surprised that it turned out this way. But very pleased too.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2012 1:24 PM GMT

Panasonic RP-HTX7AE-G Retro Style Monitor Headphones - Green
Panasonic RP-HTX7AE-G Retro Style Monitor Headphones - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars This is insane, 3 Sept. 2012
Bought on a whim, liked the style and the colour. Didn't expect too much despite the great reviews here, took the rave comments with a pinch of salt. My advice - pinch no salt. These are outperforming my £250 Shure in-ear phones, by miles. Am sitting at my desk at work with mouth open, incredible.

FIFA Street (Xbox 360)
FIFA Street (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like it... : /, 20 Mar. 2012
I love FIFA 11, never played 12, am a veteran of the previous titles too. I just really really enjoy this game. Tricks are good fun, but to be honest I use a passing game more and it does seem to work fine. Tackling is tough but once you get the hang of it then it is a matter of timing, that's all. Games are fast and frenetic, kind of basketball meets footy. Goals can be spectacular, and you have to work for them which takes practice and I am loving practising, I really feel a sense of progression and improvement. Lots of different types of game, even the freestyle is terrific once you learn a few tricks. And I haven't found that any single trick is unbeatable, even the roulette. As for customisation, maybe my expectations are skewed but I have found more individual player customisation here than in any other football game - player look, body type, limb length, hair, eyes, clothing, and multiple skills options... and you really can tell the difference in play too. Little players are fast and nimble but can't tackle so well, big lugs with long legs are the opposite etc etc.

I reckon that this is a marmite title, and I do feel that if you are even vaguely interested then it is worth a punt. Maybe the negative reviews will push the price down... The demo can share the feeling but only in a very general sense, the best of FIFA street for me is the World Tour, creating your own very personalised team, improving them, getting attached to them.

I love it *shrug*.