Profile for Truth be told > Reviews

Content by Truth be told

Truth be told "ichughgrant"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Lens - Silver
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Lens - Silver
Offered by NextLevelSavings

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Feb. 2012
Essential prime lens for any photographer I'd say, gorgeous sharp images and lots of fun to be had playing with depth of field and lovely bokeh. No brainer, every Oly user should have one (even over the pancake I'd say).

The Prague Cemetery
The Prague Cemetery
by Umberto Eco

4.0 out of 5 stars My first Eco, and I loved it, 27 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Prague Cemetery (Hardcover)
Not an easy read at all, but rather incredible and well worth the effort. I've already read 'The Plot' by Will Eisner (about the Protocols and with an introduction by Umberto Eco as it happens) and so some of the plot and characters were familiar to me. It seems that an interest in the Protocols has been with Eco for some time, but it's a bit of a leap to suggest he's an anti-semite (surely?). Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading this, and pretty much gobbled it down over three Christmas-holiday days.

Siamese Dream
Siamese Dream

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the remastered CD, disc 2 is AMAZING, 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Siamese Dream (Audio CD)
OK, maybe a bit harsh, but a lot of us will already have Siamese Dream and will wonder whether this is worth it. Disc 2 is INCREDIBLE. SPine tingling 'Pissant' version (one of my faves from Pisces), wailing guitars on STP that set my hairs on end, gorgeous reimagining of Luna, and a totally mindblowing acoustic, cello-heavy version of 'Disarm'. And that's just a few of the tracks.

Don't think twice.

Lulu
Lulu
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it - is that weird?, 31 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Lulu (Audio CD)
I read all the critical annihilation of this music, without listening to any. Now I've heard it all, three times through, and I love it. I really really understand how and why many people will think this is a pile of tosh, and they might be right. But by crikey do I like this pile of tosh, A LOT.

Dark Souls - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Dark Souls - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by bnhlmt

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game BUT save system at real risk of corruption, TAKE HEED!!!, 17 Oct. 2011
Yes this game is amazing, yes it's fun to play and the rewards of success are so much sweeter for all the effort put in. But take caution - you get one save file and if ANYTHING happens that's out of the ordinary (ethernet cable slips out, console crashes, power cut, you turn console off too quickly etc) you can lose your game save and all that hard work is down the pan. 35 hours in and I was in love, but my game has gone too and I would start again but for the fear that this will only happen another time. For that reason I would think very carefully about getting involved with Dark Souls, it might break your heart in so many ways during play but it will crush your body and soul to pieces when it takes your game away from you.

I'm not the only one to suffer this by the way, check online to see many and varied accounts of lost games.

Tragic, for all the hype about making us work hard they couldn't even create a safe and secure save system...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2011 8:32 PM GMT

Dead Island (Xbox 360)
Dead Island (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand. 5 stars???, 11 Sept. 2011
How come so many five star reviews???? This thing is like an early beta version and so very definitely NOT NOT NOT NOT worth your money. 'Some graphical problems'??? 'Some' MINOR gameplay bugs?????? Getting stuck on scenery, characters disappearing then reappearing, thrown/dropped objects floating in midair, flat and angular scenery that you can walk through, dodgy hit detection with your swung weapons seemingly passing through zombies, an almost impossible aiming system, good grief even some of the time the view I am looking at in character doesn't match what the map says I should be looking at (e.g. staring out across water when the map says I am looking at jungle). There are quests that are completed but characters act (and speak) as if they haven't even begun, quests that somehow grind to a halt and become unfinishable unless you reload your game (I couldn't pick up the signal receiver even though I'd done everything I should have, until I reset the game and then it was collectable). Zombies run at full pelt through water even though my movement is restricted, doors I have broken through are suddenly all barred shut again, suitcases/cupboards/boxes etc that can be searched through then searched through again later seemingly restocking themselves, there's this damn truck I have to keep backing out of where it has gone through the front of a house (so I can get in the house) because when I move it and drive it away somewhere else somehow it ends up back in the house again. Oh man, explaining all this is making me angry all over again, I feel cheated. Characters moaning about being dehydrated even though there's a bottle of water on the table next to them... At one laughable point I was in the infirmary in the lifeguard station and despite a character being missing where she previously lay crying I could still hear her weeping. I could have cried, it's all so shoddy and buggy.

Avoid like the (zombie) plague.
Comment Comments (30) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2011 8:08 PM BST

Wizkids Quarriors Dice Game
Wizkids Quarriors Dice Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game, but buy it from the UK for goodness sake, 6 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Wizkids Quarriors Dice Game (Toy)
Fantastic dice based game, best I have played for many years. Funagain games great store but US based, why buy from the US and pay nearly the game's price in shipping when you can get this same game locally? No offence to Funagain but support a UK webstore.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2011 9:52 AM BST

Gogo Monster GN (C: 1-0-1)
Gogo Monster GN (C: 1-0-1)
by Taiyo Matsumoto

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing, 9 Jun. 2011
Even though it's printed right to left, which took some getting used to, I finished this in a day, I simply couldn't stop reading. Fabulous, second only to Tekkonkinkreet.

Live At Donington 1990
Live At Donington 1990

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a dream come true, 9 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Live At Donington 1990 (Audio CD)
Absolutely amazing CD, set list is awesome, sound quality tip top, memories that race back take my breath away (I was a 16 year old at boarding school in Penang when 1987 came out), I'm not ashamed to say that Here I Go Again brought tears to my eyes.

And on top of all that Steve Vai does two of his own solo tracks too, For The Love Of God and The Audience Is Listening.

Quite simply the best CD I have bought for years and years.

2 Parts Hard PU Leather Case with Tripod fixing for Olympus Pen E-PL1 EP-L1 with Lens (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 2 April 2011
Have been drooling over the official leather jacket for my E-PL2, but it's so expensive and so hard to find. Then I saw this on Amazon, looked good, has the complete top cover which the official on doesn't have. It isn't a bespoke fit but the leather is soft and flexes around the shape of the E-PL2. It looks good, feels good, good price, turned up very quickly, five stars, thanks Mr S Franco : )

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6