ARRAY(0xb3d0ef3c)

Profile for Truth be told > Reviews

Content by Truth be told

Truth be told "ichughgrant"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Platinum Collection: Face Value / No Jacket Required / ...But Seriously (3CD)
Price: 10.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but Autorip warning!!, 8 Nov 2013
You do NOT get the MP3s for all of the music in this set with autorip but only '... But Seriously'. Which is crap considering what the page suggests you will get.

Aliens Colonial Marines - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Aliens Colonial Marines - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Price: 4.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond appalling, 17 Feb 2013
pretty much dreadful in every way, it's so broken. I have had a close call or two in the past nearly missing a decent game from bad reviews so went for this, it truly is terrible, so much so in fact that I wonder whether the might be some way to send the game back as it is so sub standard in terms of quality. It won't even be worth a bargain bucket price.

Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Instant Film Camera White + 70 Instax Mini Film
Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Instant Film Camera White + 70 Instax Mini Film
Offered by Picsio
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, but an important point on this bundle, 13 Feb 2013
This is the Instax 7s 100 exposure bundle that someone has opened and removed 3 film packs from, not a bespoke bundle. Probably shouldn't matter but it seems a bit off to me to get a box someone has been in and fiddled with : /

Moon California Road Trip: San Francisco, Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Los Angeles (Moon Handbooks)
by Moon
Price: 9.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Like turning up to see the Half Dome to find it covered in scaffolding, 30 Jan 2013
This isn't a road trip guide, it is a collection of typical guidebook info about 5 destinations you might visit on a road trip in CA (San Fran, LA, Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon) but really naff all about the in-between, i.e. the road. OK, there's a paltry bit of info in the intro to each area re getting to Yosemite from San Fran (for example). We're driving LV to San Fran via the coast. Anything about Death Valley? Sequoia Forest, King's Canyon? Nope. Motels along the way? Nope. Sights along the route? Nope. In fact that big giveaway that this is a repackaging of basic guidebook info they must have from other guides is in the back, where 'travelling by car' comes after 'travelling by train', tragic and somehow hilarious.

Massively disappointing.

The Parallax II: Future Sequence
The Parallax II: Future Sequence
Price: 6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Cor blimey wow, 5 Dec 2012
I took a punt with this, I don't usually listen to this kind of music at all and I have to admit that my first listen made me think 'Oh dear what a waste of money'. Stupid thought. I listened more, then a bit more, then a lot more, learning all the time, training my ear just like I did when I started listening to Miles Davis. Now I won't take this disc out of my player, it is absolutely blooming astoundingly incredible and every single listening session teaches you more about this disc and the astonishing music contained. My next step after submitting this is to order another disc by these geniuses.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Korte-EDV Internetmarketing & Vertrieb, Preise inkl. MwSt.
Price: 23.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Bots bots bots, thank goodness for bots., 14 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I enjoyed Call of Duty several years ago, I think it was the first Modern Warfare title. But then it got really stale, looked dated every year (each year seeming worse and worse and more in need of a fresh coat of paint). Each year I have given the game a try, just in case, and each year so far I have been terribly disappointed - until now.

I simply couldn't believe what i was seeing, and hearing, and playing when I put the disc in last night. The game looked so good and so beautifully smooth at such a consistently high frame rate. And then I tried the multiplayer, same feeling - this is so cool, so much fun, so much... better.

Then, for me, the killer moment - you can play all of the multiplayer game types offline (or online with a friend) against bots. Bots that are actually intelligent and darned challenging. I do really enjoy playing online but I am not terribly good and often just get really frustrated as players with skill trample me over and over. And then there's the ever present issue of bad behaviour and horrible communications you get online in games like this. I can cope but would rather not have to. So being able to play matches with and against bots with a friend or two is IDEAL.

Am thoroughly smitten with this game, and very surprised that it turned out this way. But very pleased too.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2012 1:24 PM GMT

Panasonic RP-HTX7AE-G Retro Style Monitor Headphones - Green
Panasonic RP-HTX7AE-G Retro Style Monitor Headphones - Green
Price: 47.18

5.0 out of 5 stars This is insane, 3 Sep 2012
Bought on a whim, liked the style and the colour. Didn't expect too much despite the great reviews here, took the rave comments with a pinch of salt. My advice - pinch no salt. These are outperforming my 250 Shure in-ear phones, by miles. Am sitting at my desk at work with mouth open, incredible.

FIFA Street (Xbox 360)
FIFA Street (Xbox 360)
Offered by findprice
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like it... : /, 20 Mar 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love FIFA 11, never played 12, am a veteran of the previous titles too. I just really really enjoy this game. Tricks are good fun, but to be honest I use a passing game more and it does seem to work fine. Tackling is tough but once you get the hang of it then it is a matter of timing, that's all. Games are fast and frenetic, kind of basketball meets footy. Goals can be spectacular, and you have to work for them which takes practice and I am loving practising, I really feel a sense of progression and improvement. Lots of different types of game, even the freestyle is terrific once you learn a few tricks. And I haven't found that any single trick is unbeatable, even the roulette. As for customisation, maybe my expectations are skewed but I have found more individual player customisation here than in any other football game - player look, body type, limb length, hair, eyes, clothing, and multiple skills options... and you really can tell the difference in play too. Little players are fast and nimble but can't tackle so well, big lugs with long legs are the opposite etc etc.

I reckon that this is a marmite title, and I do feel that if you are even vaguely interested then it is worth a punt. Maybe the negative reviews will push the price down... The demo can share the feeling but only in a very general sense, the best of FIFA street for me is the World Tour, creating your own very personalised team, improving them, getting attached to them.

I love it *shrug*.

Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Lens - Silver
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm 1:1.8 Lens - Silver
Price: 218.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Feb 2012
Essential prime lens for any photographer I'd say, gorgeous sharp images and lots of fun to be had playing with depth of field and lovely bokeh. No brainer, every Oly user should have one (even over the pancake I'd say).

The Prague Cemetery
The Prague Cemetery
by Umberto Eco
Price: 16.04

4.0 out of 5 stars My first Eco, and I loved it, 27 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Prague Cemetery (Hardcover)
Not an easy read at all, but rather incredible and well worth the effort. I've already read 'The Plot' by Will Eisner (about the Protocols and with an introduction by Umberto Eco as it happens) and so some of the plot and characters were familiar to me. It seems that an interest in the Protocols has been with Eco for some time, but it's a bit of a leap to suggest he's an anti-semite (surely?). Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading this, and pretty much gobbled it down over three Christmas-holiday days.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5