Profile for Boris and Brenda > Reviews

Content by Boris and Brenda

Boris and Brenda (Now I know)

booti boot shaper COLOR - mix for 4 pairs of boots
booti boot shaper COLOR - mix for 4 pairs of boots
Offered by DayDesign

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 5 Nov. 2014
They are boot shapers...so let's not get to excited. But they work; boots keep shape and stand upright in cupboard. I'm going to buy a set for my daughter as well. Only slight hiccup with them....if you don't hold the shaper tightly it will extend and then it is difficult to get it past the ankle area of the boot.
But all in all...good purchase. An inexpensive and practical way to keep your boots.

EZ Quilting Quilter's Basting Pins, 200 Pins
EZ Quilting Quilter's Basting Pins, 200 Pins

2.0 out of 5 stars Much smaller than I anticipated, 22 Nov. 2013
Lots of pins....but I'm not sure what use they are for basting a quilt....they are so very small. I'd have sent them back if I could have been bothered. Maybe this is my mistake and I should have known....but an actual size picture...or a picture of a pin next to a ruler would have been very helpful. A bit of a white elephant!

Mikki Grooming Matt Breaker with Replacement
Mikki Grooming Matt Breaker with Replacement
Offered by Technogroom Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 May 2013
Very sharp; cat's fine, a couple of fingers lacerated.
Does the job, job, job, job, job, job, job, job, job!

Mikki Grooming Ball Pin Slicker, Soft Grip Handle, Small
Mikki Grooming Ball Pin Slicker, Soft Grip Handle, Small
Offered by Mr Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got free time again!, 18 Mar. 2013
I've a Persian cat, who not being a house cat... often comes in trailing twigs, leaves and mud, consequently he requires a whole lot of brushing and tangle removing every day. Both he and I were starting to dispair at just how much time this takes and how difficult it is. The Mikki arrived last week and has revultionised our lives! It is really good at getting the under coat out and dealing with the little knots that have appeared since yesterday (or this morning). He purrs throughout our grooming session now, and I don't have to feel guilty and bad about how stressful and painful grooming is. We've not hit any major tangles since I got the Mikki Grooming Ball...so I've not had to use the Matt Breaker yet...but if it's along the same quality and usefulness of the Grooming Ball we'll both be very pleased. Delivery was really quick as well, at least a week before the seller predicted (although, they did give a quite distant delivery date).

A Passion for Quilting
A Passion for Quilting
by Nicki Trench

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 29 July 2012
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
I've not made anything yet....but the books is very inspiring. With lovely pictures, indicators as to how difficult each project is, and drawings to guide you...it's a good purchase for someone getting started.

Silverline 732100 Folding Frame Square 1200mm
Silverline 732100 Folding Frame Square 1200mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy piece of machinery!, 6 Mar. 2012
This is a really quality product; solid, well made, good hinge action, useful sturdy carrying case. I bought it for getting straight edges when cutting fabric....Umm, I think I may have under estimated the size and weight of this frame square....but that is my error, nothing to do with the product or its quality. Excellent product...if I decide to build a house instead of sewing bunting...I'm sorted for angles and straight lines.

4 PC PIECE DOOR WINDOW INTRUDER SECURITY ALARM ALARMS
4 PC PIECE DOOR WINDOW INTRUDER SECURITY ALARM ALARMS
Offered by Purple Trolly

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy these!, 5 Jan. 2012
These security alarms are a total (and I mean, TOTAL) waste of money! I bought four packs of alarms, so eight alarms in total. Two of which didn't work when we tested them. Of the other six...well, the sound may deter a mouse from entering your house...but it's unlikely to deter anything bigger; the volume is pathetic. We put them up just before Christmas...and within the week, four out of six had fallen off....sticking they aren't, despite our endeavours.

Finally, if you're lucky enough to have an alarm that works and stays attached to your window or door...be aware that the alarm stops the second you close the window or door again.

I wish I'd invested in baler twine and tied the damn window handles together....it would have been more of a deterrent and effective.

2011 One World Calendar
2011 One World Calendar
by New Internationalist
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Calendar with Stunning Photos, 9 Mar. 2011
This review is from: 2011 One World Calendar (Calendar)
The One World Calendar has, as always, the most beautiful photos from across the world. But they've made it even better by formatting the dates so you can now write appointments, birthdays, etc into the days of the month (if you can bear to deface your beautiful calendar that is).

Thermofill Fresh Pillow 100% Cotton Cover Dupont Allerban Fibre Anti Allergy
Thermofill Fresh Pillow 100% Cotton Cover Dupont Allerban Fibre Anti Allergy

2.0 out of 5 stars What none of the reviews have said, and neither did the description, is that these are exceedinlgy full pillows!, 15 Oct. 2010
If you like a pillow that is very high and has little give in it...then these will be up your street, however, if you like a pillow that gives a little when you put your head on it, that doesn't prop your neck up at an 80 degree angle...then give these a miss.