Profile for Steven B. > Reviews

Content by Steven B.

Steven B.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Retail Packed Executive Multi Function Standby Case with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 Tablet - Updated Version (8GB,16GB,32GB Wi-Fi or 32GB 3G HSPA+) + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors (Nexus 7 II-2013 Version, Black-Trifold Case)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS
Price: 7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 6 Jan 2014
Very good quality item for the money spent. Feels like an expensive well made case. I havent used the screen protector as they always bubble when you put them on. The Nexus has tough gorilla glass anyway so it very scratch resistant. The pen was a nice bonus. I never thought I would use it but I find myself using it quite a bit now! A screen cloth would be a nice addition for when you put the protector on but thats not important, you can use a glasses cleaner.

Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
Offered by Electron UK Next Day Delivery if payment cleared by 1pm( T&C Apply)
Price: 194.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 6 Jan 2014
Was debating between this and the Ipad Mini/Mini 2. Decided this was the better option as it was on offer. Very good.

Contour +2 HD Handsfree Action Camera
Contour +2 HD Handsfree Action Camera
Offered by OutTech
Price: 254.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its weight in gold, 6 Jan 2014
I use this on my motorcycle helmet using one of the mounts provided. The camera records in great quality, the app on my iPhone makes this really easy to use, as you are able to change the settings on the move. Status lights show storage left and battery left.

Arctic Cooling MX-4 4g Thermal Compound
Arctic Cooling MX-4 4g Thermal Compound
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a cool product, 1 Dec 2013
Put this between an I5 and a big shuriken rev b v2, keeping temps down to 20 idle, and 40 whilst on BF4, very good stuff, comes in a nice reusable tube, and isnt conductive to electricity so need to worry about shorting your board.

MSI Z77MA-G45 Motherboard (Intel Z77, Micro-ATX, RAID, SATA, Gigabite LAN, Socket LGA1155)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Dec 2013
Performing well in my new build, works a treat with windows 8, windows 8.1 had some issues until a driver was released for the chipset. Nice and easy to set up, apart from the front IO plugs, but they are always a pain.

Asus VE228HR 21.5-inch Widescreen LED Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080, 5ms, VGA, HDMI, DVI)
Price: 104.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 1 Dec 2013
Good for the money, the glossy finish fingerprints very easily. The screen does seem to attract a fair bit of dust but that could just be my room. There are a few spots under the screen that are going, but the screen gets used all day everyday so Im not surprised.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2013 9:46 PM GMT

PX22 PS3 & Xbox 360 Headset - MLG Licensed
PX22 PS3 & Xbox 360 Headset - MLG Licensed
Price: 49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, good quality, easy to use., 1 Dec 2013
Needed for recording, talking on skype and TS, and listening to music in the early hours, these are a great buy. I was a bit doubtful of the quality of a USB mic, as I have had bad experiences in the past, but the quality of these is better than my previous 3.5mm mic. The sound quality on these is great, really helping my game on BF4. On the PS3 these are great too, no annoying buzzing sounds like I get with triton headsets.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent card, 1 Dec 2013
For a 700 series, with twin frozr, and to be cheaper than a 660ti, you have a real bargain here. This can run BF4 on high easily (depending on the rest of your system). I did have a few teething problems with it, but that was due to Nvidia experience downloading conflicting drivers. The card stays cool even in a case with poor cooling. When the frames kick up im hitting about 60 degrees, which is a comfortable maximum temperature for my liking. Remember that the heat that comes off the card is going into your case, not out.

Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II (2.0) Multimedia Speakers with BasXPort Technology
Price: 53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 1 Dec 2013
Bought these to complete my new build computer. What can I say, they pack a lot of bass, hit the highs nicely, shake the table on the lows. I hosted a house party, and thought I would give these a blast and leave my sub to collect dust. By the end of the night, three people had asked me where my sub was, all were surprised to find the bass being produced was from the speakers. The quality to money ratio is very good. You will not be dissapointed by these. As for the humming power brick, these spend most of the time in my bedroom, and I can not say I have noticed a humming noise when im trying to sleep, so I think it could be peoples units, or they have it plugged into and extension cable that is drawing too much power.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 8 Oct 2013
I used to use a USB 300MBPS adapter, which would perform okay for general browsing. As a gamer, and recently spending a lot of money building a new computer for gaming, I wanted to be able to play online games without having latency issues. I recently upgraded my broadband to this new super duper fibre, and this wireless card compliments it. My ping is about 50, and im on the outer range of the router! There are 3 antennes provided and these can be moved around to get the best signal. Installation is really easy. (With the computer off) Plug the card into the PCI-E slot, close your case, turn on the computer, and connect to your router. Its as easy as that. Then, you can go to TP-LINK's website, and download the latest drivers for it, meaning you get the best performance. The drivers provided are as good as using the card without the drivers, so you may as well save the time.

All in all this is a definate purchase for anyone needing a good wireless card, so go on, hit the buy button!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3