Profile for CVR > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Didn't It Rain
Didn't It Rain

4.0 out of 5 stars I am surprised, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Didn't It Rain (MP3 Download)
Hugh Laurie is a hugely talented human being, and this is a very good tribute to American Blues and New Orleans jazz. It isn't perfect, but it is really good, and Hugh has done a good deed for the blues. I have enjoyed listening to his interpretations and his choice of musicians. Having grown up in the 60's San Francisco music scene and played lead guitar in the Black Diamond Blues Band, I would not mind sitting in on one of his jam sessions in London.

Lucius: Writings of Lucius Burch
Lucius: Writings of Lucius Burch
by Shirley Caldwell-Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular writing from a man of many talents., 7 April 2013
This book was recommended by friends of Mr Burch, so I read it with avid interest. I could not put it down, and by the end of it I felt as if I had known him for years. The end of the book simply left me speechless with tears streaming down my cheeks. What a man.

If This Is Goodbye
If This Is Goodbye

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: If This Is Goodbye (MP3 Download)
Just amazing! Shame some of the words are not ineligible, but it doesn't matter because it is so soul stirring, it bares repeating often. One of my all time favorite songs. Simple, yet complex and flavorful.

All The Roadrunning
All The Roadrunning

5.0 out of 5 stars So delicate and smooth, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: All The Roadrunning (MP3 Download)
What an ecombination of voices and talent. Perfectly recorded, and well coordinated. Well done, Mark, I can't think of a better album.

Vignettes of Hampstead and Other Exotic Places
Vignettes of Hampstead and Other Exotic Places

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was for Hampstead, London. It's not, 30 Jan. 2013
I know nothing about Hampstead in the Carolinas, and don't really have an interest in it. What the sheriff did or didn't do in a cutesy way is not very interesting.

Hispanoamerica
Hispanoamerica

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this is phenomenal., 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Hispanoamerica (MP3 Download)
De Luca and Algeciras have ventured into Hispanic music with an alacrity that defies belief. Easily one of his best albums.

Flight Tracker (International and domestic flight coverage)
Flight Tracker (International and domestic flight coverage)

1.0 out of 5 stars worthless, 27 Dec. 2012
Nothing here to help anyone. Step away from this app. I was expecting real time flight following..This might work for a taxi driver.

Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet
Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet
by Bill McKibben

2.0 out of 5 stars a fanatics view, 27 Dec. 2012
Ok, we now there is climate change. This offers no . realistic course of action. The climate has and will change. What can be done? Don' t ask this author.

The Aviation Art of Craig V Randall: Second Edition
The Aviation Art of Craig V Randall: Second Edition
by Mr. Craig V Randall

5.0 out of 5 stars Aviation art, 27 Dec. 2012
Well, I am a life member of the ASAA. This is a good look at a lifetime of aviation art.

Crew Resource Management
Crew Resource Management
by Rexford Penn

5.0 out of 5 stars CRM for working pilots!, 25 Nov. 2012
This is a good initial/review course that presents the facts, and does so in an affordable way. Used by many FAA Part 135 operators in the USA, this was written by an ATP with 45 years of flying experience, who is also a certified CRM instructor in the UK. His experience makes the subject understandable, and I highly recommend this for any professional pilot needing a review of CRM. It worked well for our flight operation to meet initial course requirements for flight crew.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3