Profile for Lynn Calder > Reviews

Content by Lynn Calder

Lynn Calder (Bromley, Kent)

Before the Year Dot
Before the Year Dot
by June Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Dotty about Dot, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Before the Year Dot (Hardcover)
I bought this for Mum as she loves June and the character she plays, but ended up reading it after her because she raved about it.

It is very detailed and she's certainly had her fair share of tragedy before she joined Eastenders. It is well written and an easy page-turning read.

I expect there will be another volume about her time on Eastenders, but this is her life before, just as the title suggests. Enjoyed it very much.

Life with My Sister Madonna
Life with My Sister Madonna
by Christopher Ciccone

5.0 out of 5 stars I AM A HUGE MADONNA FAN AND I LOVED THIS BOOK!, 16 July 2008
If you want to know how Her Madgesty got to the top and became the icon she undeniably is, then this is for you. It is a fantastic read.

She's no saint, but neither is Christopher and he's the first to admit it. This is as near and a personal as you'll get to the queen of pop and I thought it was great!

Joan Collins: The Biography of an Icon
Joan Collins: The Biography of an Icon
by Graham Lord

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 11 Sept. 2007
I like first person accounts from actors and actresses and have read both Joan's autobiographies, which I found hugely entertaining. But there was nothing new in this biography and I don't think the author had a nice word to say about Ms Collins. It actually left me feeling quite sorry for her. It was also repetitive and monotonous to read as all the stories were from third parties, most of whom I'd never heard of, and the only ones from Joan were from interviews I'd already read. Sometimes biographies can be well researched and well written but, sadly, this is not the case with this book. When it comes to Joan Collins, however, I'd rather read about her life in her words. The second part of her biography - Second Act - is much more engaging.

Lynn Calder, Bromley