Profile for Bojan Novak > Reviews

Content by Bojan Novak

Bojan Novak (Koper, Slovenia)

House - Season 2 (Hugh Laurie) [DVD]
House - Season 2 (Hugh Laurie) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Laurie
Offered by rockaway-records
Price: 7.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Where are the subtitles????, 29 Aug 2007
Lets begin by saying that House is a fantastic, funny, interesting TV show. One of the best.
The quality of picture is very good, also the quality of sound.
The actors are superb (especially of course Laurie). The story has its flaws - especialy in medicine - if you are a medical doctor you will really shake your head at some procedures being done, drugs been used and some absurd diagnoses being made. But I understand it is made because it is a TV show and it is more intersting for audience all over the world.
The major criticism about this DVD is its lack of subtitles. I really cannot understand their absence, because if you are not native speaker of english, the language is difficult (sometimes fast, somtimes very medical) and the subtitles would really come handy. Thats why I give it a 4 star.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2008 10:51 AM BST

The Blood Knight (Kingdoms of Thorn & Bone)
The Blood Knight (Kingdoms of Thorn & Bone)
by Greg Keyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new fantasy!, 29 Aug 2007
This book is a must have for all fantasy lovers.
I have read Tolkien, George RR Martin, Robin Hobb, Pullman, Terry Goodkind (not proud of that one :)), and I have to say that Mr. Keyes is definetly 1st class fantasy writer.
The story is complex, the characters are amazing (Stephen, Neil, Anne, Aspar, Cazio,...), there is a lot of action, twists, a lot of history, politics, mystery - so everything a good fantasy saga needs.
I can not wait for the last book the Borne queen!
If you like fantasy novels, you will love this saga for sure.

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
by George R. R. Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not as good as the previous, 29 Aug 2007
I am a big fant of ASOFAI saga. I think is the best fantasy series ever, even better than Lord of the ring.
But for The feast for crows I had high expectations, that werent totaly fulfiled.
The story is much more slow than in the last book; there is less action; there is almost no war going on - all the things we all loved about Storm of swords. I think that Mr. Martin did that on purpose. I also expect the nex book Dance with dragons to also be more slow going. I think this two books will place characters to certain places and to certain position, where they need be for the big finale and for the big The end.
I am not saying that I didnt like the book, it is very good, the language,the dialogues, the schemes, the characters - it is just that the Storm of swords was so more epic and more groundbreaking for a lot of the characters and major families.
The story is much about Cersei, Brienne and Jamie - some of it you will like, some of it you wont. I especially liked the besieging of Riverun.
So buy it and enjoy it.