Profile for kelvin253 > Reviews

Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs: Volume 2
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 5.62

4.0 out of 5 stars A great present, 1 Mar 2014
This is a great collection of some of our favourite songs which I bought for my wife. I can recommend it.

Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs
Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 8.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant collection, 8 Jan 2014
This is a really great collection of love songs which I can keep listening to. I would highly recommend it

Healing Back Pain Naturally: The Mind-body Program Proven to Work
Healing Back Pain Naturally: The Mind-body Program Proven to Work
by Arthur H. Brownstein

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 22 Nov 2013
Having suffered from lower back pain for many years, I have read a number of books on the subject, and often been disappointed. This is the first one I've read that is based on the personal experience of the author and this gives it real credibility. Brownstein describes how he tried all the usual approaches to resolving back pain and then discovered what really made a difference to him.

The key points are that chronic back pain is usually caused, and certainly exacerbated, by muscle problems, and that any planned treatment should focus on understanding the back anatomy, and stretching, and exercising your back and abdominal muscles. The exercises that are included in the book are helpfully divided into sections depending on whether you are suffering from acute pain at the moment or a more general susceptibility to back pain. I have found them really helpful, easy to do and to repeat on a daily basis. After only 3 weeks of exercising (less than 5 minutes a day) I can feel a significant difference and am no longer in constant discomfort.

I would highly recommend this book.

An Introduction to Forex Trading - A Guide for Beginners
An Introduction to Forex Trading - A Guide for Beginners
by Matthew Driver
Price: 8.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 2 Oct 2013
A very clear summary of forex trading which I found very useful. Set at just the right level of detail and complexity for me.

Diary of a Forex trader
Diary of a Forex trader
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 2 Oct 2013
Although this is an interesting reflection on trading decisions in the course of a month, this book was not quite what I was expecting. I therefore feel a little disappointed.

Sightlines
Sightlines
Price: 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sightlines (Kindle Edition)
I loved this collection - it is beautifully written - informative, poetic and refreshing. A book which I look forward to rereading.

The Emerald Planet: How plants changed Earth's history
The Emerald Planet: How plants changed Earth's history
by D. J. Beerling
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 14 Aug 2013
A very interesting take on the role of plants in the evolution of our climate, geology and life on earth. It is well written and reasonably accessible to the lay reader.

Collect British Stamps 2013: Stanley Gibbons Stamp Catalogue
Collect British Stamps 2013: Stanley Gibbons Stamp Catalogue
by Stanley Gibbons
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Aug 2013
Another very comprehensive catalogue from Stanley Gibbons. Just what I need as a hobby collector to enable me to organise my growing collection.

Forex for Ambitious Beginners
Forex for Ambitious Beginners
Price: 7.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful introduction, 14 Aug 2013
This is the first book on Forex I have read and it covers a wide range of topics which provide a really good introduction to trading. However, this is not best read as a Kindle book as there are a number of candlestick charts in the text which do not show enough detail in the e-format. Overall it is well written and very informative. I would recommend it as a useful starter book for those who have little or no previous knowledge of Forex.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Price: 3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars A journey through life, 14 Jun 2013
I had read very positive reviews about this book and how it would resonate with most people. I really enjoyed it and there was so much in Harold's reflections on his life that helped him, and the reader, to look at life's priorities differently.

Page: 1 | 2