Profile for M. collins > Reviews

Content by M. collins

M. collins "Domus Libri." (Italy.)

Page: 1 | 2
EasyAcc Mini Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker - Blue
EasyAcc Mini Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker - Blue
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo!, 26 May 2016
This is a splendid speaker, sound is top notch, price superb and their service department outstanding. I had a slight problem, nothing to do with the speaker or the company but wrote to them to explain something. They were on the ball immediately, [thank you Nadia] and assured me they would float my suggestion to the appropriate department. I will now order another speaker today on the strength of the quality of the first one. Sincere thanks to this company, I look forward to doing business with them in the future.

Barry's Tea Original Blend Box 600 Tea Bags.
Barry's Tea Original Blend Box 600 Tea Bags.
Offered by UK Business Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhh! Barry's!, 7 Feb. 2014
My favourite tea of all time. A strong, beautifully flavoured tea, always with a taste of home in Ireland every time I sip it. I ordered a box of 600 which was being sold at a special price a few weeks ago. It arrived a few days later in Italy, beautifully wrapped and truly it was such a pleasure to see this precious liquid bubbling away on the hob. If you haven't tried Barry's Tea-you haven't lived!

JustIngredients Essential Bird's Eye Chillies Loose 250 g (Pack of 2)
JustIngredients Essential Bird's Eye Chillies Loose 250 g (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Justingridients-Justfabulous., 7 Feb. 2014
Adoring hot food as I do I've been trying to find these chillies forever. I finally spotted them on Amazon but before I ordered them I contacted the company with questions on how hot they were and the cost of shipping them to me in Italy. I dealt with the manager, Ian Butt at Justingridients who was courteous, helpful and answered all my questions in a prompt manner. I was shocked when such a large amount arrived for such a paltry sum of money, beautifully wrapped and spectacularly tasteful. This company seems to be exactly what it advertises itself as, Justingridients for those who love spices added to their favourite foods. Well done & many thanks.

First Man In Rome (Masters of Rome)
First Man In Rome (Masters of Rome)
by Colleen McCullough Doctor of Neurophysiology

5.0 out of 5 stars Endless Love., 31 May 2013
Oh my God. Living mostly in Italy now and a lover of all things Roman Empire this book set my heart on fire as did the rest of the books by McCullough on that period. Very close to the reality of these historical giants and a real inspiration for those who have read this set of books to further investigate that time by reading history books. I have suggested Michael Parrenti to several friends who had no interest in Rome, but he's an easy read and you can also find his lectures on the Romans on You Tube. Oddly enough he firmly trounces the go along to get along Dons and professors who burn Caesar as a right winger when in fact he's nothing of the sort. It was those scabby Republicans, including that ghastly miser Brutus [Brutus was an honourable man my foot!]Stoic and madman Cato and the hayseed Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus who desired the destruction of the great Caesar because of political and personal motives, with jealousy and greed brimming from the mouths of these second raters. I envy those who are about to start out on this road of Roman discovery by McCullough, were that it were so for me. Enjoy.

The Damascus Letter: A Spy Novel
The Damascus Letter: A Spy Novel
by Daniel Dick

2.0 out of 5 stars Crash Landing., 21 Sept. 2012
With not a spot of flair, colour or real plot, I felt as though I was sleep-reading through this novel, first effort or no from the author. There was nothing new and indeed, I suspect I had read parts of this book elsewhere as it was mostly filler. Whatever the writer meant I'm afraid for me this novel never really left the ground even as it tried to climb, threatening to do so, alas, it fell flat to the ground. I skimmed over chunks of the predictable landscape, yearned for a quick ending and finally got my wish.

New Tricks : Complete BBC Series 5 [DVD]
New Tricks : Complete BBC Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amanda Redman

2.0 out of 5 stars Burned Out., 9 Dec. 2011
This series started well, it was funny, sprinkled with bits of humour from the 60's and 70's but now that I have reached the fifth season I think it's run it's course and must retire. It has become rather predictable and jaded so I won't buy any future offerings. I was sorry to see it go this way but when the material turned into a cup of cocoa and I started to fall asleep I knew I had to call it a day.

Microsoft 3000 Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse - Bubblegum Pink
Microsoft 3000 Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse - Bubblegum Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars It's the Little Things in Life., 9 Dec. 2011
This is a very good mouse, works well and I have just the one complaint. it's very big for my tiny hands. This is my fault entirely as I thought I was ordering a mini mouse so cannot fault the company for this. I have had it a month and I am hoping the battery life lives up to its promise of lasting up to 6 months. This product is inexpensive, it arrived on time and I am happy with it.

Quiz Show [DVD] [1995]
Quiz Show [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Ralph Fiennes
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Film., 8 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Quiz Show [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I saw this movie many years ago and loved it. The recent purchase of this film tells me how well it's withstood time as basically it has more to do with greed re the fixing of contestants on the show, and the love of attention the academic craves as times ticks by. Both those human weaknesses have not changed one iota and probably never will. The guy who played the schmuck was superb, yet in the end I still wanted to murder him for his bad teeth.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2013 9:23 PM BST

Above Suspicion Two - The Red Dahlia [DVD]
Above Suspicion Two - The Red Dahlia [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kelly Reilly

5.0 out of 5 stars HIND-SIGHT, 8 Nov. 2011
Liked this but preferred the first DVD as it seemed more innocent and slightly unsure of itself. Anyone know if they intend making more episodes in the future?

Damages - Seasons 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
Damages - Seasons 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Glenn Close

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo! With Bells On., 8 Nov. 2011
I had no clue what this was about and ordered it on the strength of the reviews I read on Amazon. Brilliant is a word I don't often use to describe films but am happy to do so here. Mostly what caught my attention was the raw ambition of the lawyers involved and not being one, the thought crossed my mind they were missing real life as they scurried about scratching for the next big pay day. Damages may not help the image we have of lawyers in real life, but the acting was incredible,and Glen Close was so good she was scary.

Page: 1 | 2