Profile for Anonymous > Reviews

Anonymous

Knog Blinder O Rear 4 LED Light - Black
Knog Blinder O Rear 4 LED Light - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Bright but broken., 8 Nov. 2013
The light itself is great - nice and bright but not blindingly over the top.

The attachment is less than decent though. There was a crack in a piece of plastic that is intended to withstand reasonable stress when mounted to the bike frame, which I didn't notice until after discarding the packaging and receipt. I tried as best i could to reinforce it, but it broke entirely after a single 15 minute journey.

I realise that I was unfortunate to get a faulty product, but the strength of the attachment - even if in perfect condition - does seem a little lacking overall. Considering this cost roughly £30 including delivery, I'd expect a little more quality control.

Bench Men's Shorts Italic - Sport Shorts - Green (olive night), W33 (Manufacturer size: 33)

1.0 out of 5 stars Long., 4 Jan. 2013
It's the 4th of January and my shorts have arrived, just in time for the long cold nights and miserable wet days that the north of England is famed for at this time of year. Great. If, like me, you are planning on going on holiday this year, I would advise that you first buy a time machine.

Four months. It's taken four months for these to arrive.

Honestly, the shorts are fine, although it'll probably be some time before I can realistically try them out. But it took four months for them to arrive. Good one guys - really top notch service. Thanks.

Samsung 16GB Essential Class 6 Micro SD Card
Samsung 16GB Essential Class 6 Micro SD Card
Offered by UkMobileAccessories

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say..., 12 Aug. 2012
...Unless you're unfortunate enough to receive a faulty product, happen to suffer from an intermittent/corrupt postal service, live inside a volcano, or don't possess a single piece of compatible electronic equipment, you - like myself - will probably have absolutely no reason to bestow this Micro SD Card and/or seller with poor comment.

There really is very little to say on the matter, but as I've been prompted to write a review on said item I am compelled to highlight the staggering (if only by their advertised accuracy) specifications and features this plastic nugget of joy beholds. It has (approximately, given the ubiquitous and inherent deviations from marketed spec of storage devices) a *full (* see previous) 16 Gigabytes of space. That's loads. It also fits precisely into the many and varied Micro SD slots that are present on my ever-growing list of electronic equipment. It's not the wrong size. What's more, it's Class 6. I did know what that means because I read about it the other day, but I can't remember right now, but I'm sure it satisfies 100% of the requirements needed to qualify for Class 6 status.

So, as it turns out, given a little encouragement and motivation, you can actually say a "reasonable" amount about this endearing slab of binary housing. With that said, I urge anyone astute/foolhardy/bored enough to have read this far - or even if you're one of those people who likes to skim to the end of reviews to (understandably) cut to the chase, without wasting precious time chowing through prosaic waffle - to seriously consider this particular model of 16GB Micro SD card from a reputable and, to all intents and purposes, reliable manufacturer.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Decent..., 3 May 2012
As a designer, I wanted a mouse that was comfortable to use and not over-spec'd with a plethora of buttons I'd never be likely to use. This mouse is pretty much ideal (for a right-hander, at least).

The forward and back buttons on the side are useful for everyday browsing, without ever getting in the way of other tasks - in fact I often forget they're there. There's very little danger of me pressing them by mistake - and the contours are easily distinguishable by touch alone. The scrollwheel works just fine, although the scroll-mode button above it has been accidentally clicked once or twice; but this is really a minor issue. I use it primarily on a wooden surface which has seen a fair bit of use, so isn't necessarily the smoothest area to work on, but the mouse glides very nicely, for the time being anyway.

My only gripe would be the left and right "click" sounds - the action itself is fine, but I can't help but feel it's just a little louder than it needs to be. Maybe I've been spoiled by other, quieter devices, or maybe I'm just being overly critical, but it is something I've noticed.

All in all, I'm more than pleased with it.

WHITE WIDER BASKET BEDSIDE TABLE NURSERY KIDS BEDROOM BATHROOM STORAGE CABINET
WHITE WIDER BASKET BEDSIDE TABLE NURSERY KIDS BEDROOM BATHROOM STORAGE CABINET

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, flimsy and unsuitable for the job, 28 May 2010
As soon as the package arrived it was clear that, due to the distinct lack of weight, this was a very cheap item. At only £45 I wasn't hoping for much, but this piece of furniture still fell short of expectations.

Despite being advertised as 'bathroom' furniture, the wood used had not been treated in any way - meaning that any moisture (which is a fairly likely occurence in a bathroom) will soon work its way in and stain, discolour and rot it in no time. Of course it can be treated after purchase, which is exactly what I did, but that's hardly an ideal solution for people who are after cheap furniture that is suitable for the job it's been advertised as capable of.

Waterproofing aside, the wood itself is feather-light and, even after treatment, will succumb to marks and dents with obscene ease. Again, perhaps I shouldn't be completely shocked at this, given the low price-tag, but I can't help but feel that investing just a little more money on an alternative will reap much higher returns in terms of build quality and suitability. The machining of the wood is appaling - splinters highly visible and forthcoming - and the attention to detail is utterly non-existent. The fabric interiors for the wicker draws are hideous and (you may well notice a theme emerging now, yep you guessed it) badly made, from cheap and nasty material.

All said, it does fit in the gap that we had available in the bathroom perfectly (although that's more testament to my ability to use a tape-measure than anything else) and the drawers keep the pile-cream nicely hidden away from view - but this isn't exactly a USP in the bathroom cabinet world.

The photo sort of does this item justice, in that it tells you it's made of wood and can stand up, but sadly nothing in the description even hints at the nadir of disappointment you will experience on receivership.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2010 5:33 PM BST

Creative Vado HD 8GB High Definition Pocket Camcorder with 2" LCD and integral HDMI Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice first step to affordable videoing, 3 Nov. 2009
I bought this as a gift for my partner, after she'd seen a friend of mine using a similar kind of device and thought that it looked like fun. Which is exactly what this piece of technology is - fun.

This little bit of kit is essentially a toy; in no way should this camera be considered a replacement for an outdated DV/VHS/or even Super8 camcorder. If you're looking for a hi-tech, simple-to-use, plug 'n' play video camera to archive your favourite family moments, this probably isn't for you because you'll soon look back at your purchase and wonder why you skimped on your investment. But make no mistake, of the few devices like this which are available at the moment - and certainly within this price-range - this is definitely a fine device.

The reason I'm not out-and-out persuading you to buy this is because of all of the reviews I'd seen and read before buying it, none of them mentioned the kind of user who would get the most from this kind of camera. And the kind of user that would most suit this camera ultimately boils down to what the device can offer you - which is no fuss, auto-setting all the way, relatively low quality video clips. But this is, of course, not meant to be anything more than that - it has no aspirations to be anything remotely resembling enthusiast level stuff. And, as this is still a relatively new area of consumer electronics, I'm sure the features list on these kind of devices wil only increase with time as amd if they obtain a stronger market-share.

The camera itself records (obviously) in HD but, as you'd expect, there's no image stabiliser which means that all that detail is highly prone to picking up on any camera shake - which there'll be plenty of as this has been primarily designed to be held in the hand. Due to its diminiutive size, it's also precluded from utilising an optical zoom - there is only digital zoom. It's a decent digital zoom, but you immediately lose image quality when using this option, which will then undermine its HD output. The colours are good, very good for a device this simple - skin tones are very nicely rendered as are vivd outdoor hues. The auto white-balance (which I believe is the only white-balance setting available) also does a good job of keeping up with changing light conditions - as does the auto-shutter. I've yet to see it in lowlight conditions, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that it may struggle a bit. Sadly, the sound reproduction was pretty poor, more akin to mobile phone quality, which was a shame - but future versions may well come equipped with better mics, or even the option to use you own. And aside from some very rudimentary, but very accessible and easy to use buttons, that's about it.

Essentially, this is a very simple but highly enjoyable and robust toy. We had only extremely minor troubles getting the device to work with a fairly low-spec PC (playback was a little glitchy to begin with, but a reboot fixed all) and no issues whatsoever with the device itself. If you have the cash, this could make a very gratefully recieved christmas present.