Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Caroline Henderson > Reviews

Content by Caroline Henderson

Caroline Henderson "caroscot" (Brussels)

Page: 1 | 2
Knit Your Own Royal Wedding
Knit Your Own Royal Wedding
by Fiona Goble

5.0 out of 5 stars quick off the mark, 17 April 2011
I have to be honest, haven't bought the book but saw the dolls on the Graham Norton show. Hilarious idea. A bit of fun and the way Mr N presented them to the audience in his inimitable style was, well, you can see it on youtube!

I'm Not Lance!: A Cancer Experience and Survival Guide for Mere Mortals: Volume 2
by Scott P. Alcott

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not kidding!, 14 Jan. 2011
I have Sarcoma and wanted to read something encouraging from /about someone with my disease.
This book is so easy to read and full of interesting hints and tips about how your treatment could pan out. It is in USA so there are some differences compared with Europe, but I think it's good to get an idea what's going on in other countries especially if you have a rare cancer.
I found myself nodding and agreeing with certain aspects of his chemo treatment; Yes, that happened to me!
It's positive and up-beat, referring to Lance Armstrong and his incredible story but showing that ordinary people can have a good outcome too.
Thanks, Mr Alcott!

Maw Broon's Cookbook: The Broon's Cookbook - for Every Day and Special Days
Maw Broon's Cookbook: The Broon's Cookbook - for Every Day and Special Days
by Maw Broon

5.0 out of 5 stars absolute gem, 18 Dec. 2010
I received Broons and Oor Wullie books every year as a child and would disappear up to my bedroom to read the latest book on Boxing day. This brings back so many happy memories. It is a high quality 'copy' of Maw's cook book and is so well produced that I feel it must have taken years to put together! I agree with all the 5 star reviewers and even if you have no intention of cooking with it, it's such a super book to have. It's all the wee touches, like comments from all the family written in their own handwriting, wee drawings and such, just brilliant!

Where the Truth Lies
Where the Truth Lies

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth is..., 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Where the Truth Lies (Hardcover)
A super novel. Well written and fast paced, the reader feels the anxiety felt by Claire, as she desperately tries to work out what is going on. I think it will appeal to people who like a good read involving family life and intrigue. What would you do in this situation? It makes you think...

Premier Cartridges  Brother LC 1000 (3) sets 12 ink cartridges MFC 240C MFC 440CN MFC 3360C DCP 130C DCP 330C DCP 750CW FAX 1355 FAX 1360 FAX 1460 LC1000 / LC51
Premier Cartridges Brother LC 1000 (3) sets 12 ink cartridges MFC 240C MFC 440CN MFC 3360C DCP 130C DCP 330C DCP 750CW FAX 1355 FAX 1360 FAX 1460 LC1000 / LC51
Offered by Premier Cartridges

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast efficient service to Brussels, 23 July 2010
First time for me to buy from an Amazon seller. Very well packed, the postman handed them to me (signed delivery to Belgium)so they were securely delivered. I've just put the yellow and magenta into the printer, dead easy and works as normal. Cannot ask for anything more! Thankyou Hornsea, will use you again as your carts are so much cheaper than anything I can buy over here in Brussels.

Adventures of Julius Chancer: The Rainbow Orchid Volume 1
Adventures of Julius Chancer: The Rainbow Orchid Volume 1
by Garen Ewing

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to read, 22 April 2010
I agree with all the previous 5 star reviews, just wanted to add a short comment. I live in Belgium with a Belgian/French man who adores this type of work, he introduced me to Hergé and numerous other Belgian and French Artists. It's a very popular read over here and I'm sure Garen Ewing would do well if he had his book translated into French and flemish. We loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I tell you no lies..., 7 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Tell Me No Secrets (Paperback)
I read this novel in 2 days, couldn't put it down! Was drawn into the lives of the main characters and felt sympathy for the heroine, Grace. The writing is fresh, quirky and fast paced. The setting, the east coast of Scotland, is beautifully described and village life there seems almost perfect. It is a wonderfully complete story, no loose ends. I look forward to Julie's second novel, I'm sure she is destined to be a very popular writer!

North by Northwest [DVD] [1959]
North by Northwest [DVD] [1959]
Dvd ~ Cary Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars North by North best, 4 Oct. 2009
Very entertaining, gorgeous bright colour, a classy movie from start to finish.
The 'making of'documentary introduced by Eva Marie Saint, is one of the best I've seen. It includes of lot of interesting facts that all fans want to know. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars I tell you no lies..., 7 April 2009
This review is from: Tell Me No Secrets (Hardcover)

Navman N60i Portable Car Navigation System With European Mapping
Navman N60i Portable Car Navigation System With European Mapping

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 2 May 2008
Purchased Dec 2006 has come down a lot in price.. I paid 300 Euros
My requirements for a navigation system were: Good sized screen, unfussy graphics, simple voice directions and easy to use. This unit fulfills all of the above. I live in Belgium and use the Navman on my travels over France and Germany without any problems. I drove from Brussels to Edinburgh with the Navman keeping me to the correct roads, very reassuring for a woman driver alone...The camera is simple to operate, I've got quite a few locations stored in the memory for future use (ferry terminals, good hotels, that kind of thing)which are found quickly in the 'Navpix' album. The audible language on mine is set at French, which is useful for expanding my vocabulary with the constant repetition (useful feature if you are taking a language course) I can now give directions to someone myself in French, no problem!

Page: 1 | 2