ARRAY(0xa9ea072c)

KRE-O Transformers AutoBot Ratchet Toy 187 Pieces
Offered by Helgy
Price: 18.33

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun to build, but less to play with, 23 Nov 2011

First impressions are that there are a huge number of pieces considering the size of the car/robot. My son is fortunately also a keen builder of some reasonably complex lego, so this did not put him off. However, the instructions and the pictures were not as clear as they could be and as such, there were many requests for help from Mum and Dad.

Once final made, the models look good, however, they are quite unstable. For example, I would have imagined the car at least would have been stable enough to push around, but because of the intricacy, bits tend to fall of. The chassis also tends to come apart (which is quite key to being a successful Autobot I'd imagine!)

The models do look good and my son is happy with it, but I feel unlike his other transformer toys, this one will be confined to a shelf.

Good fun, educational to build, but not long lasting appeal.

KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee Toy
KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee Toy
Offered by bubble n squeak
Price: 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun to build, but less to play with, 22 Nov 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
My son is an avid transformers collector and a new range of transformer-like toys caught his attention just prior to his birthday. He received KRE-0 Bumblebee.

Once final made, the models look good, however, they are quite unstable. For example, I would have imagined the car at least would have been stable enough to push around, but because of the intricacy, bits tend to fall of. The chassis also tends to come apart (which is clearly quite key to being a successful Autobot I'd imagine!)

Good fun, educational to build, but not long lasting appeal.

Vtech Kidizoom Twist Digital Camera 122853 (Pink)
Vtech Kidizoom Twist Digital Camera 122853 (Pink)
Offered by RIGHT BARGAINS
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, suitable for all ages, 17 Nov 2011
Please Click below if you found this review helpful!
----------
We bought the blue equivalent camera for our 5 year son. His sister has one of the much earlier models.

Initial views
- The Camera grabs their attention straight away. It has some very simple to use buttons which take no time to navigate.
- It really is a point and click which meant that straight away he was taking pictures
- Batteries are included, so we avoided the usual panic-scramble while we tried to get it working

Durability
- The camera has been dropped MANY times, but you'd never know. The rubber handles and edges protect all the delicate bits
- Screen has somehow avoided scratches and a brief wipe with a cloth brings it back to life

Features
- Videos are really fun. My children have recorded several shows/performances with relative ease
- It comes with games which keep them relatively amused. They obviously don't compare to something like a DS etc, but since we're too mean to buy our children one of these, the camera games are going down quite well! ;)
- The robot voice changer gets as much use as the camera now. Tends to get a little annoying for the adults tho....
- Memory space is huge. We've had it a while now and only `archived' off once.
- Batteries last surprising long. The 4 are stored in the grips to the side and only need changing once every 2 weeks, and that's through heavy use and rechargeable batteries.
- Adding backgrounds is very good. It's slightly more complicated, but my son gets a lot of enjoyment out of turning Daddy into a pirate etc. You have the ability to add elements at a time. Eg moustache, eye-patch, etc.

Quality
- You can't really fault the camera considering most of the piccies are taken while moving or whilst being dropped.
- The screen is very clear and you get a very good view of the photos taken

All-in-all, we think this was an excellent purchase and don't regret it at all.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2013 9:00 PM BST

Perfume Laboratory
Perfume Laboratory
Price: 10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for a couple of hours - limited appeal, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Perfume Laboratory (Toy)
This started off well and my daughter produced some nice perfumes that we shared with Mum, Aunt's etc.

However, once a few perfumes were made, that was kinda the end of it. Boredom crept in and we ran out of bits.

It doesn't cost much I guess, but even so... It wont go down in history as our best xmas purchase ever..

Whac A Mole Arcade Game
Whac A Mole Arcade Game
Offered by fairtrade4u
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic - hours of fun, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Whac A Mole Arcade Game (Toy)
I know this toy has received some stick for the moles not disappearing down holes, but it does not detract from the entertainment factor. We've had this for a couple of years now and even though our children are 6 and 7, the old classic still gets dragged out occasionally.

It goes on and on - and perhaps the limited moving parts has helped in its durability.

I also can't remember having had to change the batteries of the whole time.

2 players is great fun too.

If I had to criticise it at all, it would be the variety. A little more imagination around various games would have been good. Other than that a great purchase.

Hot Wheels Custom Motors Motorcycle [Toy]
Hot Wheels Custom Motors Motorcycle [Toy]
Offered by Imperial Hampers
Price: 2.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Durability a serious question..., 10 Oct 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Initially impressions very good with this toy. My son an avid collector of this style of 'create your own vehicle' toys was suitably happy with what he received.

However, as seems to be commonplace with all of these toys, durability becomes an issue. Within a couple of days one of the major elements snapped - one of the connectors on the motorbike frame snapped. Superglue didn't work and we're left with a broken toy.

Ideally we'd return it to Amazon, but my son is extremely reluctant to do this and wants to keep it rather than risk losing it!

I think this is the last of these we'll buy. So far every one we have bought now has snapped or becomes unusable due to parts becoming worn and no longer clicking together.

It's a shame as the idea is a great one, it's just a shame the build quality is so poor...

Tacwise 0327 191EL 230V NAILER / STAPLER
Tacwise 0327 191EL 230V NAILER / STAPLER
Price: 61.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great for the price!, 10 Oct 2011
Now, I'm sure I'm not the only guy who says he always dreamt of getting a nail gun!!? Well, I finally had the perfect excuse (building a bookshelf)...

I kept the budget pretty low, hence buying this one, and I had expectations of sending it back to Amazon...However...

Initially, as so many of the other reviewers state, if you don't hold the gun at 90 degrees, the nail doesn't penetrate the wood fully and you find yourself manually knocking it in further. Not a major problem and after 15 minutes this becomes pretty rare.

This really makes light work of the job and is actually quite an enjoyable tool to use.

It comes with tonnes of nails, which meant I didn't need to purchase the extra spare pack of nails just yet - but I'm they'll get used eventually!

It's not too noisy either. Perfectly fine for use inside the house.

My only niggle would be that sometimes it jams and no nails are expended. However, this is simply rectified by opening and closing the nail enclosure. I had the problem only with the nails, not the staples.

To be honest, for the money, you can't go wrong here. It feels pretty durable and if it continues to work as it has so far, I'll be more than happy. Go buy one!!

VERMATIK ALUMINIUM ELECTRIC FLY KILLER BUG ZAPPER 20 WATTS
VERMATIK ALUMINIUM ELECTRIC FLY KILLER BUG ZAPPER 20 WATTS

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works!!, 10 Oct 2011
I was so sceptical when I bought this. I've used similar items in the past and expected no more than a new ugly ornament that happens to glow blue....

However, recently we moved into a new house which is close to a farm and therefore plagued with flies. I followed the Amazon recommendations and purchased this.

It is fabulous! It clears a room of flies in less than an hour.

I found that it works far better at night. If you're able, the trick is to turn all lights off in the room except for the 'zapper' and the flies make their way straight to it.

I noticed a few of the more hardy flies survived the initial shocks, but it wasn't long before they did a lap of honour and went straight back into it - a second shock being too much for even the toughest of flies.

It has so far killed a variety of flying insects includes wasps - there's nothing like the satisfying bzzzzzzzt as another one bites the dust!!

My only complaint would be the slide out drawer at the bottom. When moving the unit from room to room, the drawer can slide out. Not ideal if you've collected a number of flies in it...It's also not the most attractive of items and would suggest you probably wont end up hanging it on the wall, but will be like us and bring it out of a cupboard to clear a room of flies.

All-in-all a brilliant purchase, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Sylvanian Families Triple Bunk Beds
Sylvanian Families Triple Bunk Beds
Offered by Mytoyfactory
Price: 8.40

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but a couple of points to be aware of, 12 Sep 2011
Delivery/packaging:
Arrived within 2 days of ordering, superb!

Build quality:
Good sturdy plastic. Build as good as you'd expect from the Sylvanian brand

General usability:
My daughter is generally very happy with it. It's great that you can split the triple bunk into singles or a mix of single and bunk. It comes with 2 ladders too, increasing the flexibility.

On the downside, and worth mentioning (as it caused some disappointment) is that these are small beds. They are not as large as other Sylvanian beds which means that the adults don't fit. It's not obvious from the pictures (or at least wasn't to us). Also, the description talks about a mattress and pillow. Well, they're actually joined. Ie the pillow has been formed by a row of stitching added to the mattress.

None of the negative points have lead to my daughter regretting she got it, but you should be aware when buying.

Sylvanian Family 2919 Doll's House Bunk Beds 3-Layer for Babies
Sylvanian Family 2919 Doll's House Bunk Beds 3-Layer for Babies
Offered by KullerTrulla (Preise inkl. gesetzl.MwSt)
Price: 12.32

Delivery/packaging:
Arrived within 2 days of ordering, superb!

Build quality: