Profile for A. Roberts > Reviews

Content by A. Roberts

A. Roberts "CLARET & BLUE" (UK)

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars fairytaleending!, 8 Nov 2012
slighly disappointed in the this book. It was predictable that they would live happier ever after.good storyline but not gripping.

How Not to Be a Professional Footballer
How Not to Be a Professional Footballer
by Matt Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book. "He had it all, he spent it all", 13 Jun 2012
This is a great story of a working class guy who reached the top of his trade and then destroyed his home life with drugs, drink & gambling addictions. Paul seems to have given a very honest account of his life and his warm personality comes through as you read it.
I'd love Paul to get back into management and be a sucessful manager, but i think hes probably better off having a crack with the lads in the sky sports studio on a saturday afternoon. Good luck mate!

Keep It Hid
Keep It Hid
Price: 9.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously good music, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Keep It Hid (Audio CD)
I bought this album because it was recommended to me by a friend and I have to say its a fantastic album, it feels raw and not over produced in a good way!
Its also converted me to a Black keys fan and forced me to buy their back catalogue.
Definately one of the best albums this year!!

King of the Waves
King of the Waves
Price: 20.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band, great sound!!, 1 July 2011
This review is from: King of the Waves (Audio CD)
Ive only been into these about three weeks.
I went to see Primal Scream doing the Screamadelica album in Cardiff about 3 weeks ago and Little Barrie was the support band. Barrie also plays guitar for the Scream. Im not really into watching support bands but for some reason decided to have a look at them, so glad I did, they were awesome!! Nice sound, nice guitars, tight drumming.
Buy it Geezer!!!!

Hammered
Hammered
by Mark Ward
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Hammer. with a real story to tell, 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: Hammered (Paperback)
I bought this book because Mark was one of my all time favourite West Ham players.
I knew the book would be an interesting read, as I remember reading about the drugs case that Mark had become involved in. It is nicely written and takes the reader on a journey through his playing days, then the drugs trial, and finally his time serving his sentence inside various prisons. Life its all here!!

Hotel Shampoo
Hotel Shampoo
Price: 7.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Head & Shoulders above the competition!!, 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: Hotel Shampoo (Audio CD)
I've only had this album a few days on the recommendation of a friend, its beautiful tunes from start to finish. Obviously if your SFA fan then you'll love this however, for someone looking to dip a toe into the SFA this would be an ideal choice as its tunes are very upbeat and light. Stunning Faultess Album!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST e-book on the market, 26 Sep 2010
My new Kindle finally arrived last week, and it is truly superb. I had seen Sony's e-books and thought they were pretty sluggish in turning a page, and also the screen seemed quite dark and would probably make reading a book quite a chore. I decided to wait for an improvement in the actual screen and speed. I was told about Amazons Kindle by a friend who had purchased one, and was very impressed with it when I gave it the once over. The dimensions of it are beautiful, but the main selling points for me were an incredible screen that for me even beats paper, and the actual speed of it turning pages is lightning fast. I downloaded a free book from Amazon just for curiosity and within ten seconds of hitting the purchase button it had downloaded wirelessly. Amazing.

Fly Yellow Moon
Fly Yellow Moon
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Order it, you'd be bananas not to., 18 Jan 2010
This review is from: Fly Yellow Moon (Audio CD)
Fyfe's new album dropped onto my door mat first thing this morning. From the first listen to "she needs me" on Jonathan Ross's radio show about a month ago I immediately googled this guy and found out he was in The Guillemots.
Thia album is gonna see Fyfes career ascend new heights, I think its a solid first solo album. I dont give new albums much of a chance, and consider myself quite a harsh critic, but this one seemed to just be one stormer after another. well done Fyfe, whens the uk tour?