Profile for Clinical Hypnotherapist > Reviews

Content by Clinical Hypno...

Clinical Hypnotherapist (UK)

Superbrain yoga
Superbrain yoga
by K. Sui Choa
Edition: Perfect Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars This is an Italian language translation., 29 Feb. 2016
The only reason that I gave this score is because it is an Italian translation. I do not speak Italian.

Garmin nuvi 65LM 6-inch Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps and Lifetime Map Updates

1.0 out of 5 stars they were good and talked me through changing the Registry settings needed ..., 8 Jan. 2016
In early 2015, I bought a Garmin 65LM as a replacement for a TomTom. This model has a number of serious shortcomings:
1. From the start, it worked as it intended to go-on. When first connected to my computer it recognised that an USB device had been plugged in, but could not see it. After several attempts to get my computer to recognise the device, I emailed Garmin but had no response. After some searching, I found a phone number for support. In fairness, they were good and talked me through changing the Registry settings needed for it to be seen. I then download the updates. It was a slow download link, [I consistently have +70MB download speed] but not on this connection.
2. The first test was navigating from E Yorkshire to the Premier Inn at Leeds /Bradford airport. The shortcomings soon became obvious. It showed the Leeds Ring road as having a number of roundabouts; these were changed to traffic signals several years ago. It was fortuitous that I had looked at a map before setting out and had a fairly good idea of where I wanted to be heading. Garmin 65LM did not find Bayton Lane the address for the Premier Inn and kept saying that it was not listed. Despite the fact that it has a set of traffic lights leading onto the A658.The postcode supplied by Premier Inn when inserted into the Garmin gave a different street that was not far from the location. However, this did not help in that it was dark and there was a dense fog.
3. On my return home trip I travelled via York ring road, it was even more out-dated. On the roundabouts that it did display, the response was far too slow. I had had made my decision and on my direction of travel before it said what lane to select. Again, I had travelled this area for several years and had a fairly clear idea of the direction that I should be traveling.
4. The device came with lifetime map updates and these allow four updated each year. We decided to visit some friends in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire in June. I downloaded the latest update. The weather was nice and we decided before joining the A34 from the M1 to see where we would be directed. All that I can say is that we had a very colourful tour through a number of picture postcard villages in Derbyshire. It was just as well we were not pressed for time. Having lived in Stoke-on-Trent for several years and travelled extensively around the area, I have a good idea of the road system. During the intervening years a number of roads have closed or been redirected, but Garmin at best gave approximate accurate directs. Again, roundabouts seem to challenge it. We stayed in Lichfield and the hotel was on the edge of the ring road. Given my previous experience I checked the location on Google maps and had a location print out, this was a wise choice. Garmin got me to within 200yrds and then kept telling me to make a U-turn when I could. These I ignored and travelled a further 200yard, took the exit lane that crossed the dual carriageway and took me straight to my destination.
5. At Christmas, I visited Glasgow and stayed at a centrally located Premier Inn. Once I left the M74 at junction 1A, it gave me a circuitous tour of some of the city’s industrial areas. Each time I took drove to various locations around the city it gave very different return roads, and on two occasions had me going the wrong direction. It was fortunate that it was at night and there was very little traffic for I had to change lanes abruptly. It was unfortunate my wife’s monthly data allowance had been exceeded and I had to rely on my innate sense of direction.
6. In early 2016, I had an appointment in a part of Hull that I am unfamiliar with, but I did not rely on the Garmin. Instead used an old street map and I navigated to my destination without problems. Following this, I had another appointment to a place that I know well. As a test, I inserted the address into Garmin only to be informed that the street was not listed, despite it having been built more than 40 years ago. I inserted a longer street and was again informed it was not listed. I reinserted the street names several times to ensure that I had not made a typo. So it was back to my own innate internal sense of direction.
Annually I used to drive around 30,000 miles a year across the Midlands and York & Humber area. Frequently this was on B class and smaller roads so I am a more than competent navigator. If you had rely on this Garmin to navigate to an area or place you did not know then get a good large scale road atlas. Alternatively have unlimited data allowance on your android phone or tablet and connect to Google maps.

A number of reviewers have highly rated this Garmin, but I suspect that they did not travel much beyond the M25 ring road. Do not buy; the only redeeming feature is that it had a big clear screen.

The Power Of Self Healing: Unlock Your Natural Healing Potential in 21 Days
The Power Of Self Healing: Unlock Your Natural Healing Potential in 21 Days
by Dr Fabrizio Mancini

3.0 out of 5 stars Chiropractic promotional book, 9 April 2014
Contained nothing that was ground-breaking. Has numerous case studies that stress the benefits of chiropractic therapy. I am not anyway decrying this therapy, but there are others. The health care information is suited to the USA, in the UK you would probably go to a Osteopath, having used this service would have no hesitation in recommending this therapy.

When it comes to dietary information read "the Plan" by Lyn-Genet Recitas, this is a must read. From reading and following the information in "the Plan" I found that I have an intolerance to salmon and prawns, both of which I love. I also have an intolerance to milk products, in particular yoghurt, even plain. By using the information in "the Plan" in four months I lost four inches from around my waist, yet only 2 lbs weight. I knew I was near my ideal body weight with a 41 inch chest and 31 waist not bad for a nearly 67 year old male.

Secrets and Rules for Attracting What You Want: Live Lecture and Meditations
Secrets and Rules for Attracting What You Want: Live Lecture and Meditations
by Dr David R. Hamilton PhD
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun approach on attracting what you want, 5 Jun. 2012
Clear, concise, with a novel, and fun approach on attracting what you want. Also, presents an interesting dimension on why adverse events happen that appear to have little or no relevance to how you have been leading your life.

Quantum Field Healing
Quantum Field Healing
by Dr David R. Hamilton PhD
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise, a must listen to for anyone with a painful condition, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Quantum Field Healing (Audio CD)
A clear concise and easy to follow explanation of quantum theory.
By nature, I am sceptical of many of the claims made for the various self-healing therapies. After following the guided instruction on the last track, I gained significant pain relief from a condition called plantar fasciitis. This very painful heel condition had been with me for 5 months. I know a number of people who have had cortisone injections into their heel with varying success.
I have listened to the CD several times, each time the pain lessens, and I am pain free for extended periods. Now almost totally pain free.
If you suffer any painful condition, you must listen to this CD

Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How To Lose Your Mind And Create A New One
by Dr. Joe Dispenza

3.0 out of 5 stars Breaking the Habit of being Yourself at times ponderous, 21 April 2012
The introduction was ponderous. At times, you felt the author has something important to say but is unable to articulate it clearly. There are a number of well-illustrated diagrams r that appeals to the visual learning aspect of my brain.
The section called "The Gap" has a diagram listing the following feelings; unworthiness, anger, fear, shame, self-doubt and guilt, and suggests that these feeling are layered upon your brain. Like something akin to an onion. This runs contrary to his earlier explanation of biochemical process that goes to build neural networks across the brain. At the bottom of the layers of emotion diagram Dr Dispenza uses the label "Past experiences with refractory period". The term is not explained. My previous association with the word refractory was in relation to fire clays able to withstand high temperatures. It also has a medical definition; not responding to treatment.
Neuroscience has known for some time that we access memories and interrelated emotions through a number of our senses. When experiencing our emotions and feelings we do this with our bodies and not in our brain. It also may be that a feeling of shame has predominately-visual associations with this particular memory. Whereas a sensation or feeling of guilt has a predominate association with your auditory senses. Using only your conscious brain to help you resolve unwanted emotions and behaviours can be a very lengthy process.
The later part of the book where Dr Dispenza maps out his remedial methodology is not subject to the same rigour as the earlier sections. It is an interesting book, but not a must have for your bookshelf.

Emotion Code: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love and Happiness
by Bradley B Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Emotions Code, 16 Dec. 2011
Fascinating to read and harmonises with a widely accepted view held by many NLP, hypnotherapy, and clean language practitioners. It is simply that you experience emotions in your body not your brain. In Dr. Bruce Lipton's "Biology of Belief" stacks the irrefutable evidence that your body has a number of brains unconsciously influencing how we react to external stimuli. Dr Lipton clearly shows that the body/mind connection. What you think directly impacts on your body. This can have an adverse influence on your health.

In the later sections of the book, Dr. Nelson discusses the "Hidden Wall of The Heart". As a clinical hypnotherapist, NLP master Practitioner over the past 30 years saw many clients describe the pain, uncomfortable feelings, and sensations around their heart area. When this dissipates, they feel much better. Interestingly it sometimes needs three or four sessions to totally clear this unwanted feeling.

With this book people now have the technique to resolve many if not all of their hidden or suppressed emotions. They may also find that past injuries or recurring pains are the place where suppressed emotional energies were locked.

I have incorporated some of the energy releasing techniques given in the book into my treatments.
My only slight criticism is that in the last part the good doctor gets evangelical. I think most people can accept the concept of an universal energy is higher than any religious belief or creed.

John Gallagher

Coyote Healing: Miracles in Native Medicine
Coyote Healing: Miracles in Native Medicine
by Lewis Mehl-Madrona

2.0 out of 5 stars It a miracle that it took so much papaer and ink to say so little, 16 Jun. 2011
Seemed to promise much; delivered little. It may be for me much of the meaning did not cross the cultural barrier from Native American Indian into Western European society.
A major criticism was the repetitiveness of the narrative. One wonders if Lewis Mehl-Madrona had heard, even less studied the works of Milton Erickson. Mehl-Madrona style seems to suggest that storytelling is an alien concept as a therapeutic tool to western-based change work.
Elaborate storytelling drawing on Native American Indian mythology while using sweat lodges sounds interesting as a deep change therapy practice. However, I feel it would only be pertinent to persons reared and familiar to that culture.
Lewis Mehl-Madrona continually stresses the obvious benefits to the individual of having support of a close bonded community committed to the mutual well being of its members. I did not need PhD in Psychiatry to work that out.

Clean Language:Revealing Metaphors and Opening Minds: Revealing Metaphors and Opening Minds
by Wendy Sullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean Language: Revealing Methaphors and Opening Minds, 1 Feb. 2009
Excellent and Superb

Clear concise examples that provide a step by step learning process resulting in the easy assimilation of this powerful technique. It is simple yet incredibly elegant and more importantly effective.

Clean language was cleanly and concisely written. Wend and Judy deserve a five star rating in the clear exposition of the principles of Clean.