Profile for Dolly > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Absolute Beginner: The Autobiography
Absolute Beginner: The Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Nov. 2013
Loved this book from start to finish. Loved Patsy's honesty, would recommend this book without a doubt. I thought it was so nice she never had a bad word to say about her ex's.

A Lesser Evil
A Lesser Evil

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: A Lesser Evil (Kindle Edition)
Lesley Pearce books just get better and better. I found it really hard to put my kindle down, this story was so interesting which had me hooked from the start.
The characters were brought to life by the vivid descriptions of the author who made it appear you were there in the room with them.
This was a real good story, just didn't want it to end.
I have just bought another of Lesley's books to read, if it's half as good as the Lesser Evil, I'm in for a treat.

Witness
Witness

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 30 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Witness (Kindle Edition)
Although I found the story hard to get into at first, I am glad I carried on. Really enjoyed it and found it quite difficult to put down in the end.
I liked following the lives of the various witnesses and their feelings on what they had seen that day. I often thought what I would do given their situation.
This is about the third book from this author I have read and I have enjoyed reading them all.

This Boy
This Boy
by Alan Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable story, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: This Boy (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed reading This Boy, it was refreshingly honest but I felt let down to discover it ended in his teenage years. Not a word about his family life or later political life which I would have like to know about.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2013 5:36 PM BST

The Kindest Thing
The Kindest Thing

4.0 out of 5 stars The Kindest thing, 19 May 2013
This review is from: The Kindest Thing (Kindle Edition)
Although I enjoyed this book, there were times when I got a bit lost. The book tends to go back in time quite often and I found this a bit off putting.
I do think a few more chapters could have been added on Deborah's life after the ordeal she had been facing.
It was a good story though and sadly, circumstances faced by so many people.

The Unmarried Mother
The Unmarried Mother
by Sheila Tofield

3.0 out of 5 stars The unmarried mother, 2 May 2013
This review is from: The Unmarried Mother (Paperback)
I was told about this book by a friend as they thought I would enjoy it, true stories are my favorite.
In all honesty, I wasn't that impressed with it although I read it until the end.
It was sad at times but wasn't that interesting.

Taken: The Agonising True Story of my Missing Sister
Taken: The Agonising True Story of my Missing Sister
by Sharon Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 15 April 2013
I really felt as though I knew Vicky the way her sister discribed her in this story of her abduction. Vicky sounded such a lovely young woman.
It was a very interesting although sad book especially when you learn how old her mother was when she passed away. Such a young age and obviously caused through the torment of her missing daughter. Sad also that the family were torn apart because of a family dispute.
I enjoyed reading this book and it felt hard to put down.

Life on the Edge - The true story of the hero who saved the lives of twenty-nine people at Beachy Head

5.0 out of 5 stars I was on the edge of my seat reading this, 31 Mar. 2013
What a truly inspiring book this was. I really enjoyed reading it even though I feared for the person who was wanting to go over the edge. To give so much help, support and talk about such private things to help those people is a wonderful thing and he didn't deserve the abuse he received from the chaplain's who also patrol. Through his experience of his wife's death, he realised what it was to suffer such utter dispair. I don't think anyone has the right to tell him otherwise.
Having visited Eastbourne and Beachy Head last year, it is such a beautiful place but very scary when you are at the very top. I was petrified and couldn't wait to get back down to the car park.
It just proves to me what a very brave man Keith was to do what he did for so long. Also getting get up at 4.30 every day to patrol free of charge and at least try and prevent someone taking their life whilst putting himself in such serious danger.
Well done Keith, Maggie would be so proud of you.I hope you and Val have a long happy healthy life together, you deserve it.

Every Mother's Nightmare
Every Mother's Nightmare

2.0 out of 5 stars One sided, 28 Mar. 2013
Didn't enjoy this book at all. Thought it was too one sided. There was a lot of things I just didn't understand either.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2013 9:43 PM GMT

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 27 Mar. 2013
I enjoyed this book so much, could hardly put it down.
What a tragic childhood poor Helen had, she suffered so much through her mother and "father's" cruelty. They were so cruel and unfeeling, it was heartbreaking to read at times.
Jenny had the luxury of having loving, caring parents and she achieved a good living through her golf.
I was thrilled they found one another and are so close. I'm sure Helen's family and her sister will make sure she receives plenty of hugs what she was denied in her childhood.
Best wishes to them both.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6