Profile for Road Apple > Reviews

Content by Road Apple

Road Apple "who brings the mustard?" (Mean Gene's Bar)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pure Evoke D2 Mio Portable DAB Digital/FM Radio with Bluetooth - Cerulean
Pure Evoke D2 Mio Portable DAB Digital/FM Radio with Bluetooth - Cerulean

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design and great sound. Love it., 14 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent radio, once again from Pure. For whatever reason I get quite poor radio station reception where I live, and over the years I've had various radios but none seem to work any better than the others. The beauty of this model is that it will search for DAB and FM stations, which for my wife is great (she's constantly flipping between stations), but even better for me is that I can connect it to my phone via Bluetooth and listen to my favourite web radio apps.
It seems silly now that I used to have a separate Bluetooth speaker and DAB radio, when it's obvious to combine the two. But there you have it, and Pure have put together a great looking and sounding product.
As you'd expect it's easy to just plug and play, no hassles or weird problems. I wasn't sure from the pictures but in the hand the radio feels top of line in quality. Nice materials and robustly made. I've only used it for a few weeks but there's no sign of any loose dials or buttons not working properly. The number of radios and stereos I've had that fall apart in no time is absurd, but I can't say that about Pure products.
Highly recommended.

Turtle Beach Stealth 500X Wireless Gaming Headset - DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound - Xbox One

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, peerless headset., 2 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow! I've used a cheap-ish wireless headset before and found it ok but lacking in sound quality. So I was a little nervous before trying this out, but I need not have worried because Turtle Beach have nailed it (yet again). The operation is super simple and before you know it you're gaming.
For sound comparison I used the wired X07 headset for a bit, playing Alien Idolation (a game with some of the best sound design ever) then switched to the wireless 500X. Honestly the difference was for me nonexistent. I was so happy because usually there is a trade off but not in this case.
The headset itself is very comfortable, so gaming sessions of several hours are no problem. The cans are soft and feel well made with really nice materials. The mic is good, no weird sound issues for me. All in all it's hard to think of a headset that comes close. I've tried other brands but keep coming back to Turtle Beach and I've never been disappointed. The highest of recommendations.

Guilty Gadgets ® - 5m 5 Metre HDMI to HDMI Cable Wire Lead Gold Connector Fast 1.4 Version High Speed With Ethernet Gold Connectors Cable for All Brands including Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, LG, Sharp, Plasma, LED, LCD, TV, HD, TV's, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, SKY Digital, HDTV, Blu-Ray DVD Player, Philips, HMP2000, Apple TV, Virgin Tivo, Freesat, Freeview Box, Playstation 3, BT, Laptop, Desktop, Netbook, Surround Sound Systrem, Sky Box, F5, HDTV, Raspberry Pi, PS3, PS4, MHL, Projector
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars No fuss, just an excellent cable., 2 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Does exactly what it should do, no surprise there but this cable is excellent quality and I have no reason to think it won't last me a good few years. Hooked up my PS3 to a 1080p monitor and it worked like a charm. Don't be fooled into buying expensive branded HDMI cables, this will do the job just fine.

Turtle Beach XO One Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset - Xbox One
Turtle Beach XO One Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset - Xbox One

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, changes games for the better., 16 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're used to the bundled chat headset that came with the console, then this upgrade in audio quality will blow you away. For years I used the chat headset that came with the Xbox 360 and loved it, but the audio quality was really lacking. The basic headset for the Xbox One improves on this, but for me I prefer to have not just great chat capabilities but audio that does the high production values in the games justice.
Turtle Beach have quite an extensive range now, for all consoles, and are now my brand of choice. I picked up a very basic P11 for the PS3 and it was a joy to use, so good I even used it when watching films.
The Ear Force XO is a quality product, both in build, design and audio. After a few rounds of Titanfall and PVZGW I was more than happy. The chat is clear and without weird feedback or glitches. Just what you want when dishing out frantic orders or some friendly banter. The in game audio is just lovely through these headphones, not professional studio beaters but for this price point they are by far the best I've used.
As for the feel and build, I am pleased to say these are robust and comfortable, even for gaming sessions of several hours. You will be very pleased with these, no doubt.

iPhone 6s Plus Case, Celicious Notecase F Executive Leather Flip Case for Apple iPhone 6s Plus / 6 Plus - Black
Offered by TechDecor UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up!, 4 Dec. 2014
Fantastic build quality, feels great, fits like a glove. Perfect case for your new iPhone 6 plus.

Kuretake Sumi Brush Pen Blister -No8
Kuretake Sumi Brush Pen Blister -No8
Offered by Tokyo JAPAN Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best prush pen, no question., 4 Dec. 2014
Beautifully made, lovely to use, what are you waiting for?

Zyliss Acid Etched Rotary Fine and Coarse Drum Grater - White
Zyliss Acid Etched Rotary Fine and Coarse Drum Grater - White

5.0 out of 5 stars The best grater I've used in a long time., 4 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love this grater! I know it's a bit odd but one of my early childhood memories is of helping my mum to grate cheese with her ancient tin drum grater, and I loved that thing.
Nostalgia aside, this is a lovely piece if kit. Really well made, I've put it through some serious grating with both drums, hard cheese, crumbly cheddar, creamy red Leicester, no problems. It's also easy to clean. I wash the dishes by hand and the cheese just falls off.
Highly recommended.

Western Digital My Book Duo 6 TB External Hard Drive - Black
Western Digital My Book Duo 6 TB External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 25 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow, I didn't really appreciate just how much stuff I had on my various devices until backing it all up to this WD 4TB unit. I've been running two desktops, a laptop, two phones, and most of my files (photos, videos and music) has been filling up DVD, memory stick and an external 1TB HDD as my backups.
Using the built in smartware and systematically backing up everything I have reached around 50% storage capacity. Now some of that is intentionally duplicated, so taking that into account it's probably nearer 40%. But this are files dating back 7 years, so based on that I've got years of storage left on this piece of kit.
It's fast, easy to use and access files, such a joy. I'm going to cart it over to my parents and backup their media files too, as I know they don't have anywhere near the memory usage that I do, and to this point their idea of backing up files is more or less non-existent.
Obviously I'm not going to take this unit apart, but from my experiences over the last few months I can say it is very sturdy and well built. All signs point to tech that has the WD seal of quality and I'm really pleased with it. Highly recommended.

Remington CI 96 S1
Remington CI 96 S1
Offered by fiducia-shop Preise inkl. MwSt

5.0 out of 5 stars No probs, great results., 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Remington CI 96 S1 (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've had a lot of Remington hair styling products over the years and have enjoyed a pretty much 100% success rate. Both my wife and niece have tried this out, and despite having very different hair types and expectations, they were both delighted with the results.
It's hard to find fault with build quality, these just work and work. I don't think we've had any weird problems with power, or plugs breaking or anything like that. Just spot on product design and execution. You will not be disappointed.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - The Game (Wii)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - The Game (Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete garbage., 20 Sept. 2014
The controls are terrible, the graphics are weak technically and devoid of any merit artistically, the gameplay is boring and repetitive, the boss fights go on forever and are infuriating and it's a miserable experience all around.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20