Profile for Keith Lawson > Reviews

Content by Keith Lawson

Keith Lawson (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BLACK+DECKER KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander with Accessories
BLACK+DECKER KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander with Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive performance for small sanding jobs., 27 Mar. 2015
I needed this to repair a bay window ledge where my dog has torn up the wood with claws after years of jumping in and out. It fits the hand well and did a great job in levelling off the wood filler. the triangular shape made it easy to get into corners and angles. I can see it being useful for irregular 3 dimensional shapes as well.
PS I still have the dog but he no longer gets in the window

Gruffalo Sitting 8-Inch Soft Toy
Gruffalo Sitting 8-Inch Soft Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like the book or film, this is a must have, 27 Mar. 2015
Very well made and true to the book illustration. Very good value for money, because it is quite intricate compared to, say, a teddy bear. I've handed it over to g-daughter but was tempted for a while to keep as a mascot.

First4spares Filter Kit For Dyson DC25 & DC25i Vacuum Cleaners
First4spares Filter Kit For Dyson DC25 & DC25i Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by Suds-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a big difference to performance, 27 Mar. 2015
A bit of a shock how much my Dyson has improved with new filters - I probably had kept the originals too long and, despite regular washing, they were not up to the job. The Dyson now hugs the carpets and I am taking the cylinder filter (not the wheel one) out after each vacuuming to remove the fluff that has accumulated on it as it is pulling so much in. :-)
Good service from the supplier - came very quickly - and at these prices, I will replace more often

Zen Lifestyles ET-01 Zen Physio Deep Tissue Massager with Infrared
Zen Lifestyles ET-01 Zen Physio Deep Tissue Massager with Infrared

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, but heavy to use, 27 Mar. 2015
Quite liked the power but a difficult machine to self-apply on one's back, which is where I need it most. Unable to say how much it has helped but the vibro effect, like a Tens machine, does distract from my lower back pain. I use in combination with a backwrap heat pad (before and after) and is part of my regime for severe back pain.

Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Red
Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Red
Offered by armysales

3.0 out of 5 stars Conveniently sized to carry but beam not strong enough for more than close up needs, 27 Mar. 2015
Maglite quality of build and nicely pocket-sized, go in a purse, or can hang from a key ring. Useful for shining on locks to insert key but not a big or strong beam (takes 1 AAA battery - supplied) for more demanding need for illumination

My 1st Talkie Doug Dumptruck 16.5cm
My 1st Talkie Doug Dumptruck 16.5cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 27 Mar. 2015
Nicely made. Sturdy. Tactile for smaller hands. Makes a good early toy to appeal to youngsters watching junior tv channels where inanimate objects such as trucks and trains etc, are characters. The loader does take small items so have playability

The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload
The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload
by Daniel Levitin

4.0 out of 5 stars A heavy read at times., 27 Mar. 2015
Not an easy read - more textbook than management read. Has some amazing information in but it seems aimed at a specialist audience in academia rather than the business world. I ordered it after seeing the author being interviewed about the book and then looked at some video on YouTube; I thought it might be similar to other books on thinking skills (which predominantly were aimed at the business market) but it gets quite "medical" at times and the key pieces that can be recycled into the work environment are not that many.
A good study that may help teachers and leaders develop their students and people, but you have to put the work in.

EE Buzzard 2 Car Wi-Fi with 24GB PAYG 4GEE Data
EE Buzzard 2 Car Wi-Fi with 24GB PAYG 4GEE Data

3.0 out of 5 stars Some teething problems, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Followed the instructions but was asked for a number for EE Wifi, to be found on the Sim card. Tried various codes and, in the end, it was the "phone" number (why not say so). So I was connected to the registration and did that. A couple of authorisation failed but eventually the Wi-Fi signal. Tried to use the internet and was referred back to the Top Up option. I understood it came ready with 2GB to use, but it appears that I also have to hand over some hard-earned. I wanted to trial it first, so at the moment nothing is happening while I find out more about the PAYG - e.g. does it rollover or expire monthly? How much would 2GB take me/is this going to be an expensive toy?
I have to complete a review in a deadline for Vine, so posting this now to allow me longer to test. I want to see how the signal works while travelling (the experience of mobile wifi on public transport is not a good example) as would like to use my tablet for in-journey entertainment, e.g. Spotify.

Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator
Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but not for me, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I followed directions to break it in - wear it during the day to get used to it, before trying out at bedtime.
Wasn't easy to fit - noses and nostrils are not symmetrical so one side went in the other popped out. When I did succeed, I realised my breathing was easier and more air being inhaled. However, that resulted in dry nasal passages, which was not desirable.
Never quite forgot I had something in my nose and found it slightly uncomfortable.
Tried sleeping with it in but always found it on the pillow when I awoke. I am not a habitual snorer, so the ability to reduce/overcome was never put to the test properly. If I do need something, I may try the nasal strips that go over the nose rather than an insert

Senior Citizens Quad Band,Dual SIM,Large Keypad Mobile Phone - Network Unlocked
Senior Citizens Quad Band,Dual SIM,Large Keypad Mobile Phone - Network Unlocked
Offered by Satellite TV

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugh! Why do they make it hard work to understand, 20 Mar. 2015
Length:: 8:27 Mins

If for nothing else, do watch the video for the sound effects - about 4 minutes in. I just filmed myself trying to use the instructions (second attempt), so it is a longish video

Because I really only want to phone and text, the array of phones on the market do not offer value for money. I have tried a couple at around £100 and found that my mansize fingers are too large for touch typing, so I was attracted to the keypad design on the Gusun. However, it has tried my patience with setting up and understanding how to use. It is a familiar problem with mobile phones that, until you purchase, whether on-line or from the High Street, you don't really know what you are getting until you use it. We need professional video demos, if we can't play with it in the shop!

The retailer says "The Menu structure is the same as all the old Nokia phones that were about in the 1980's and 1990's". If you have no experience of mobile phones or are only familiar with Touchscreen, the poorly translated instructions, with an appalling lack of a key diagram, have to be navigated. Below is content from an email to the retailer, who "thanks me for my feedback and will send it on to the manufacturer".

1 Why no diagram with a reference to each key, its name and function?- (page 4) "Left/right soft keys" would be immediately obvious if a diagram, not trial and error by the new user.

2. "Dial Key" pretty obvious that is the Green phone symbol. But first line of explanation "Answer the phone by pressing any dial keys". Come on! Singular then plural. What are the other dial keys? Do you mean "any of the number keys"? If so, say so; remove trial and error.

3 End key. No problem with this - the red key obviously.

4. Navigation keys. Oh, how a diagram of the phone layout would work so much better than leaving the new user to guess. It turns out to be a 4 way rocker switch, with no markings.

5. Alphanumeric keys. Get that. But "When dial a number, enter corresponding number" - gibberish! The rest of the description is not credible either. In good English please.

6 Earphone "The phone is inserted earphone" - I am getting the giggles now. BTW, where is the hole for an earphone jack (DIAGRAM!)?

7 Battery. "Straight stripe is more, the battery is more".

Then follows
2.1 Installing/Removing the battery. Wait a minute! Should there be an explanation here on how to access the insides of the phone, how to remove the cover? I had to retro think the replace cover instructions and carry out the operation in reverse. OH, here is the explanation now, a bit late. But I am able, on reflection, to see that the instructions are not printed in order. The intention was there but no one proof-read the instructions.

2.4 I am assuming that "T Flash" is another name for the memory card. Cannot find a slot for it at the top right of the Sim card, but there is a possible location below the Sim, with a silver guard (that falls out). Not having any success putting my memory card in that though.

Other questions, about use:
Why are my contacts not showing although I have inserted my Sim card?
Where do I get to change ringtones and volume? Had the option when I first switched on, but not able to find again. Nothing under "Settings" seems appropriate and I have been through the menu without success. My original changes have reverted to factory default.

Limited ringtones and very, very jangly. That may help someone with hearing difficulties but awful for those around them. (A sample on the video, just over 4 minutes in).

I wanted to reject and return but apparently that is not an option. The retailer is, I suspect, just an importer and this is just a product they sourced to shift in the UK.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20