Profile for Keith Lawson > Reviews

Content by Keith Lawson

Keith Lawson (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Leitz WOW Click & Store A4 Storage Box (Pink) - ref 60440023
Leitz WOW Click & Store A4 Storage Box (Pink) - ref 60440023
Offered by Shoplet-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever product, 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great idea - flatpacked until needed and can return to flatpack if not needed. I needed the picture of the product in unset form to help me understand the construction, though I probably would have worked it out with a bit more thinking - not difficult, just novel.
Popped together it is reasonably sturdy and durable. Decent size and I may use mine for storing cake tins and stands when not using them (as they only come out a couple of times a year for celebrations). Clearly useful for documents. Would not use as a playbox for children, as I think it would not endure constant daily use in their hands. Nice colour choice for the Home Office. Crafters would love this for their bits and pieces.

House Of Frankenstein [DVD] [1944]
House Of Frankenstein [DVD] [1944]
Dvd ~ Boris Karloff

4.0 out of 5 stars Wallow in nostalgia for this genre's golden era., 17 Oct 2014
I love the effects that make this period a golden era for this genre. Sufficiently creepy characters all well-acted. I prefer it to the gorefests of modern efforts.
Get it for the Halloween evening in.

The Confession
The Confession
by John Grisham

5.0 out of 5 stars This is John Grisham doing what he does best., 17 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Confession (Paperback)
Bit of a slow burner then it became a page turner. A bit of promo for abolishment but detailed and heart-engaging. Hard to get through to the end as it is difficult to read through tears; probably not one to read in pulbic (e.g. on holiday).
I hope this never becomes a movie - 2 hours is not enough and it deserves to be a mini-series.

Flexable 1500mg Sustained Release Glucosamine Tablets - Pack of 30 Tablets
Flexable 1500mg Sustained Release Glucosamine Tablets - Pack of 30 Tablets

4.0 out of 5 stars My doc says take glucosamine., 12 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My doc was happy with me when I told him I was taking glucosamine to combat my arthritis, so the core product has medical approval.
I like the idea of controlled release, which I have only seen on ibruprofen before, as it means I am getting dosage spaced out and not one hit that can pass through the gut and maybe you lose content in bodily waste rather than absorb it all for its benefits.
I have had mixed success with swallowing - the tablets are large and I do not always manage to get one down. If you don't succeed immediately, it is a struggle, as the pills are not coated. But I get the same problem with my usual brand (well-known High Street retailer).
Do they work? - impossible to tell as the single subject in the trial, but my arthritis came on fast when I stopped eating seafood several years ago so I have belief I should have been taking supplements. Now I am trying to manage the condition, so tablets as well as diet are my hope for an active life.

Kid Galaxy Soft and Squeezable Car Transporter with 1-Pull Back Mini (Red)
Kid Galaxy Soft and Squeezable Car Transporter with 1-Pull Back Mini (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very excited little boy has just got this :-), 9 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice toy for a boy. No sharp edges and not too weighty. Pity only one car - 2 would be nicer, then a bigger range to chose from - this will hold 4.
Has big advantage over diecast - less likely to do damage if misused (e.g. thrown).
Attractive package - immediate appeal when unwrapped (adult needs to remove ties so it can come out the box). A little demonstration of how the ramp works then it is ready for play.

LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra XDi Learning Tablet (Pink)
LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra XDi Learning Tablet (Pink)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet for kids., 9 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Early days yet but off to a good start. I have faith in the Leapfrog range from experience and I like what we have here. It feels sturdy, decent battery life and very attractive to kids. My 3 year old g-son is the beneficiary and his older sister is providing a lot of support for him to use it. The age range is 3 to 7 and is supposed to grow with the child but, I suspect, as with all technology it will be obsolete within 2 years, so not too impressed by that claim.
It is a good device for children - giving them a safe introduction to technology and the web. He was already interested in Mum's Apple so he is excited to have a tablet of his own.
Obviously, it costs to expand the content but it actually comes well loaded and we are trying out the MP3 player and photo storage for him. This feels superior to earlier models - a big improvement being the built-in battery. The new price on Amazon is a decent expense for what you get.

Brothers in Blood (Roman Legion 13)
Brothers in Blood (Roman Legion 13)
by Simon Scarrow

4.0 out of 5 stars For the fans, 5 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I get excited when I see a new "Macro and Cato" book from SImon Scarrow, as I have followed their adventures from the beginning.
As a fan, I give it 4 stars but I am aware that the standard is dropping and becoming a bit prescriptive rather than intense - they have had better adventures before and this is becoming a bit pedestrian. Obviously by book 13, the characters are known to the fans and there is little elbow room to develop them further but the scenarios should improve beyond dealing with pompous, upper-class officers who don't recognise the skills of M&C, who have a track record and would, if this were modern times, have won Victoria Crosses several times.
The novel starts very well, with the hunt down, capture and torture of an agent, but the pace lightens immediately with the familiar plot lines. And when you get to the end, there are no surprises as to who the traitor is.

If you have never read any in the series, do buy from the beginning as the early books are magnificent. Do not start late, especially with this book, as although it can stand alone, the history does make it better. It's nostalgia for their previous adventures (e.g. with the Gladiator), that means I won't give up on them, but I hope book 14 is a barnstormer, or my resolve may weaken.

Moon Underfoot (A Jake Crosby Thriller Book 2)
Moon Underfoot (A Jake Crosby Thriller Book 2)
by Bobby Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised how good and different this was, 1 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was surprised how this book turned out - it looks like a genre-standard novel but it was an entertaining black comedy; something that crosses between "The Lady Killers" and "Wilt". Take the humour out, the cross-complications of various characters naively intersecting the path of hardened drug dealers and messing up their plans, and it would still work as a crime drama, but it was the extra dimension that made this a page-turner for me. I haven't read the first novel (and that is no barrier to reading this, as the relevant thread is explained inside the story telling). If the movie rights are picked up, it will be the Coen Brothers.
Main characters are Moon Pie - a not-as-bright-as-he-thinks-he-is criminal - and Jake, a family man who crossed Moon Pie's path and, to survive, took out gang members. Moon Pie wants his revenge on Jake, but when he can get round to it, as he is busy pulling the biggest deal of his life. Jake and his family live in fear for their safety. This is the central premise of the novel. However, it becomes deliciously complicated (and highly entertaining) when a bunch of old-timers (regular people all their lives) decide to turn to crime, in a Robin Hood way.I must recommend this as a cracking read

Disney Frozen Magical Lights Palace Playset
Disney Frozen Magical Lights Palace Playset

2.0 out of 5 stars No!, 25 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What are we getting for our money here? Unfortunately there is always a premium over a reasonable price because it's Disney. Not a lot of content and it is basically inexpensive plastic. If it functioned as a carry case, by closing the wings, it would be more useful and desirable. As it is so easy to get Blue Peterish with some cheap leds from a 99p shop and clear/semi-opaque food packaging e.g. as found in choc boxes and fruit snacks, I'd recommend getting diy. Pretty much condemned by all the other reviews, I hope it gets withdrawn and made to a higher standard and design if they insist on this price

Dynamic Fat Burner 800 mg Coffee Bean Extract with GCA Natural Weight Loss Supplement - Pack of 60 Capsules

3.0 out of 5 stars Unscientific test - one subject LOL, 22 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unscientific test - one subject LOL, but no negative effects or dislike of the tablet. Can't tell that weight has shifted much on just the one bottle but obviously no harm done. Silly, if relying on just a pill, without other dietary care and exercise, but if you struggle to cut back on bad eating or fail to take exercise, then it must be an idea to try these as part of the battle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20