Profile for Keith Lawson > Reviews

Content by Keith Lawson

Keith Lawson (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Pink
Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Owl - Pink
Offered by Midco Toys Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing outstanding, 28 Jan. 2015
Length:: 1:08 Mins

The two little ones in my life both have inactive soft toys which are very huggable as their comforters so the extra dimension of a light and sounds is not a must. Looked pretty enough on the webpage but in reality there is only a thin layer of softness covering a hard centre (battery box and sound machine. Audio stuff adds to weight of toy.
I have videoed to show how it works and sounds (not allowed to film and post my granddaughter on line).

Batteries provided (LR6) and can be replaced. Small plastic feet can serve as teethers.
Variety of excerpts from music from nursery rhymes to classical. Are they soothing? Nice, but a bit loud - baby can press the chest by movement while sleeping and this might wake them up. More likely to suffice as a playpen/pushchair toy than a night device.

AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg
AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ingredients.Good product, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dog knew these weren't his normal food so he did not clear his bowl on the first occasion but that is not a problem now.
Big brownie points for 80% meat; too many products describe themself as "chicken" or "lamb" etc only to be listed as low as 16% or even lower, and often bulked with "meat derivative" ( which I tend to think of as "abbatoir sweepings"). Good honest ingredients here. My dog has food allergies but I have not seen any erupt since feeding him this. Nor are his stools any problem, except slightly firmer than normal.
Give your dog proper nutrition - as in this packet

Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest 80 Wipes (Pack of 4)
Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest 80 Wipes (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without them., 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Backed by the trustworthy name of Dettol; I have been using their wipes for longer than I can remember. I get through them quite quickly as I am always wiping down kitchentops and cupboards doors. I bake a lot and it makes a mess, but a wipeover with these takes up the flour and sugar and leaves a clean surface. Packing is good - a pull up strip that reseals so that the wipes don't dry out. Sometimes it is hard to get a grip on a wipe but I have found that to be the case in all brands and products packaged so. The fragrance is more noticeable on your fingers than lingering as a fresh smell in the area where used. Handy for scuffs on doors and skirting as well. Can wipe round porcelain in the bathroom (but I keep a packet for their separate to a packet for the kitchen).

The Queen's Man: John Shakespeare - the Beginning (John Shakespeare 6)
The Queen's Man: John Shakespeare - the Beginning (John Shakespeare 6)
by Rory Clements

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing with great panache- this prequel is good for all fans and soon to be fans, 26 Jan. 2015
A little bit disconcerting to be reading familiar characters as new but that soon passed in this riveting tale with plots and plots. For the first timer with Rory Clements and John Shakespeare, although in publishing chronology this is number 6, this is the book to start with. Fearsome enemies, some supposed to be allies and an honest man caught in the middle, trying to root out treason but at the same time protect his family. RC has an eye for detail and characters and delivers a great read. Up these with the best historical fiction writers.

Argo (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Argo (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Ben Affleck
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars True story, well portrayed, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Argo (DVD + UV Copy) [2013] (DVD)
Plenty of plot detail so my review is simple -
Well acted, well directed, engaging, suspenseful, humorous, feel good factor.

Bob and Flo and the Missing Bucket (Bob & Flo)
Bob and Flo and the Missing Bucket (Bob & Flo)
by Rebecca Ashdown

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea for a story line but I have an issue with the graphics, 24 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My niece loves books and loves penguins (the Happy Feet effect) and every visit usually includes sitting down with me to read a book with her. We've been through this book once but she leaves it on the shelf in preference of her others. I find the illustrations to be too "abstract" (for want of a better word); she needs more detail or accuracy for her learning mind. The story is simple - Flo takes a bucket to playschool and Bob finds various uses for it - not a bad theme. As her reader, it's my job to make the book engaging so that she perseveres with it and improves her reading skills. Maybe this is aimed at a child who has some reading and vocabulary skills? We do alright with Spot the Dog stories. Bob and Flo may have a market, but it won't suit a majority (in my opinion).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ring RPP145 Compact Powerpack, 7 AH
Ring RPP145 Compact Powerpack, 7 AH

4.0 out of 5 stars Uncomplicated and easy to use., 23 Jan. 2015
Delivered when needed - a flat battery on a cold day. A simple process to connect to the battery, switch on, pause, start the car. I now have a new battery in the car, but this is kept charged and to hand, as this cold weather uses a lot of juice from the battery. Have not tried to use other features yet.

Birdcage Escape Silhouette Wall Art Vinyl Stickers - Black - Large 110cm x 68cm
Birdcage Escape Silhouette Wall Art Vinyl Stickers - Black - Large 110cm x 68cm
Offered by Stickers On Your Wall

5.0 out of 5 stars Technically, a very good product, 22 Jan. 2015
My first review is still below, but I am editing to 5 stars because my wife has just come in from work and is blown away :-)

Technically, a very good product. It was easy to apply and appears secure. Delivery was fast.
I would have given 5 stars but for an issue (which is to be corrected in the description by the seller) over the size of the mural. The description read "68cm wide" which I took to be the overall size of the mural - namely the left hand side of the cage to a vertical line from the top right bird. In reality, the cage from LH to open door edge is 57 cm. The seller responded to my email within minutes, to my satisfaction.
The birds come separately to be attached according to your desire, although the picture does suggest the most appropriate lay out. There were also more birds than shown, so you have options on the design and whether to lead the eye further by fixing them elsewhere. I set up to add the caged bird by working to assure its feet were on a line, but did not realise I have placed its head to blocked by a line. I'll know I've done but others probably won't notice. With the true size revealed, I would have not gone for black, as it is dominant - a brown would have worked better in my location. It does look better in lamplight than daylight. But these last considerations are personal to where have placed it and you will decide for yourself.
In summary, a good product at a good price. Now you know the true size, you can better decide if it is what you want. I would buy from this seller again if I see something I want.

Always Discreet Long Incontinence Pads - Pack of 90
Always Discreet Long Incontinence Pads - Pack of 90

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivers as promised., 22 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not for me - but for an elderly female relative who was having problems. She is entirely satisfied with this product - they are comfortable to wear, keep her fresh, and are durable. She is on tablets for water retention, so frequent visits to the toilet is her daily condition; these pads help when she cannot get there soon enough.

Hidden
Hidden
by Emma Kavanagh

2.0 out of 5 stars would make a good TV series but is a hard work read., 21 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Hidden (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Powerful start but then it goes back in time and spends much attention on what people are like and what they were doing during a slow countdown back to the incident. Makes it a complicated and slow read, requiring much attention to which character is active in each chapter and the jump around between their present moment and recollections in their heads. Makes it very confusing. I'm halfway through and flagging. Just finished a cracking read and have another book waiting, so tempted to cut my losses. There have been comparisons with Nikki French, and I can see why, but French is a much better storyteller. This needs some reveals and twists to keep the reader engaged, but instead it reads "this happens", " this happens next". I recommend French, Val McDermid, Luke Delaney and Adrian McGinty for gripping crime fiction so I am unlikely to read more by Kavanagh after this book. Would probably make good TV, like The Fall or Broadchurch.

Hopped and skipped to the end, only to find what I had guessed by half way - who dunnit and why. So the journey to the reveal is less of a crime thriller with a good plot and twists, than a psychological oversight of people involved.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20