Profile for Leapielee > Reviews

Content by Leapielee

Leapielee (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Signstek 2-Port 2x1/1x2 3D 1080P HDMI Bi-Directional Switch Manual Switcher Splitter
Offered by Victory Cyber Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy HDMI switch, 19 Feb. 2016
I was looking for a simple switch so I could either watch and listen to my TiVo box via my TV or via my Sony cinema amp. One small box and three HDMI cables and the job was done. On the odd occasion I have to press the button a couple of times to almost force the box to identify the routing but it just works and wasn't expensive. Well recommended.

Plantronics Backbeat Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones with Mic

5.0 out of 5 stars My prayers have been answered with this fantastic set of headphones., 18 Jan. 2016
Plantronics Backbeat Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones with Mic

I have been using a pair of Sennheiser bud earphones which are brilliant and although not noise cancelling, work well at blocking out noise on flights etc. However, the cords always tangle and I am still tethered to my iPhone and iPad so the search was on for a good set of bluetooth headphones. I've looked at a lot including the Bose Quiet Comfort and DRE Beats both of which are nice but way too expensive. I bought a set of Azatom Freedom BE-7 from Amazon at under half the price of the Plantronics set. I was impressed with the build quality and the sound was pretty good although they did not cancel out noise and the sound leakage from them was not acceptable. They were good for the money but I returned them anyway and started my hunt again. I kept coming back to the Plantronics set but how good could they be considering they never seem to appear in What HiFi reviews etc? The individual reviews were very good however and I eventually took the plunge. They arrived and unpacking them was a real treat. Everything about these oozes class. The box, presentation and packing, the included bag and accessories were all really good. Very impressive but what were the headphones like? They are heavier than the previous pair but so well made. Solid, quality construction with easy to understand and use controls. They fit over my ears comfortably (I wear spectacles but this didn't affect the fit) and just feel right. Pairing with my iPhone, iPad and Sony STR-DN860 cinema amp, was a painless process. Right from the start, the sound quality in my opinion, has been superb. My hearing is not what it should be but these provide perfect clarity coupled with a wonderfully controlled bass which again is just right for me. I had tried a Sony extra bass set in a high street store and was alarmed at the amount of intrusive bass on offer. Not for me but the Plantronics - well they are in a different league. The noise cancelling seems to work although sitting on the sofa listening to music, I could still hear some of the TV programme my wife was watching. I am a frequent flyer and I am sure that once on a plane, the NC will come into its own as it's a completely different and drumming background sound. I love the rotary volume and track dials, everything just works. The bluetooth range is phenomenal and didn't drop out once as I walked around my home. When my wife tried the headphones, to be honest I could hear a little sound leakage but nothing at all to be concerned about and she assures me that she can hardly hear a thing when I sit next to her. There are no flashing gimmicky lights to distract you either as I have seen as negative comments against other headphones. As a word of advice though, I bought a Brainwavz hard body headphone case at the same time from Amazon. I wasn't sure if the supplied case would be any good and wanted to protect my investment. They arrived together and I am keeping the case although the supplied ballistic nylon case, velvet lined and velcro fastened, would be ample for most people. I would try the the supplied case first to see if it suits you although the £13.50 I paid for the case is a steal. All in all, I am one very happy person. Try them, you won't be disappointed.

Brainwavz Hardbody Headphone Case - Suitable For Most Headphone Sizes - Removable Internal Pouch & Carrying Strap Included (Black-Red)
Offered by Brainwavz Audio UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my Plantronics Backbeat Pro headphones!!, 17 Jan. 2016
Having just bought a set of Plantronics Backbeat Pro headphones, I was eager to find a hard case to protect my investment. I am very pleased I bought the Brainwavz case as my headphones fit perfectly inside with room in the supplied pouch for the cables. Great purchase and well recommended.

NEEWER® NW985C E-TTL 4-Color TFT LCD Screen Display High-Speed Sync Camera Flash Speedlite for Canon EOS 700D/T5i 650D/T4i 600D/T3i 1100D/T3 550D/T2i 500D/T1i 100D/SL1 400D/XTi 450D/XSi 300D/Digital Rebel 20D 30D 60D 5D Mark III 5D Mark II and All Other Canon DSLR Cameras
Offered by Global_omouk

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 6 Jun. 2015
Although I have been a DSLR user for a few years now, I am by no means an expert. The one thing I have wanted to do though is to move away from the in-built flash which although excellent, is too harsh when subjects are close to walls etc. Enter the Neewer flash. I have looked around and thought this flash almost too good to be true but how wrong could I be? So far it has performed faultlessly with my Canon EOS 60D. I haven't tried using the flash off camera utilising the 60D's wireless capability but in all other respects it has proved to be ridiculously good value. It may well be that in terms of long time build quality and reliability, the Canon Speedlite options prove to be best but for me just entering into into flash world, this will do me just fine.

AEG AG71a RapidClean Stair and Car Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - Graphite Grey
AEG AG71a RapidClean Stair and Car Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - Graphite Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Health and safety purchase, 6 Jun. 2015
This was a considered purchase and has proven extremely useful. Trying to manage stair cleaning with a full sized upright, is very dangerous and given that my wife and I are no longer the fittest people on the planet, it was time for a change. This cleaner is about the right weight, is extremely effective at what it does and has an extra long lead. We both now (sadly) look forward to cleaning the stairs as safely as we can without resorting to hiring a cleaning service! Well recommended.

San Marcos Chilpotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce 212 g (Pack of 4)
San Marcos Chilpotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce 212 g (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Hot Hot, 7 Jun. 2013
My goodness I love these little babies. As a regular visitor to Texas to see family and being used to very spicy food, I tried a can a brought back from a trip. There are either 5 or 6 peppers in a rich and hot tomato based sauce which we use in pulled pork and chicken recipes cooked in a slow cooker. Great taste, great quality and very reasonably priced. Will order again to make room in my case for other Texan goodies!!

Case Logic CPL109K Sac à dos nylon avec Protège pluie intégré pour Réflex + 1,2 Objectifs + Accessoires + Emplacement pour tablette pc Noir

2.0 out of 5 stars Camera backpack, 7 Jun. 2013
Wasn't at all keen on this item and despite reading various reviews, went ahead and bought it. I ended up returning it as I didn't feel it worked as a bag and as it had been described. It was too small, and the design defeated the very object of having a quick opening section. To access this, the bag has to be taken off rather than unclip and slide around your body. I returned it and opted for a Crumpler sling style bag which does do what I want.

Disposable Food Grade Gloves LARGE Blue Polythene 100 / PKT [Misc.]
Disposable Food Grade Gloves LARGE Blue Polythene 100 / PKT [Misc.]
Offered by Tongmaster Seasonings

4.0 out of 5 stars Food grade gloves, 7 Jun. 2013
I bought these to avoid staining my hands when making Mexican chorizo which uses a chili with a bright red colour. The gloves work fine and although they look like they are porous, aren't at all. So my hands stayed nice and dry and clean above all else. The only slight problem I had was that the large gloves are quite large. I haven't got small hands but these are a tad loose. Perhaps I'll try a medium size next time. As for delivery and cost, I can't fault them.

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Coffee Machine ESAM4200 - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Espresso !!, 24 Aug. 2012
My last espresso machine broke down after many years of faithful service and so it was time to buy a new one. My son has a Gaggia but I have to say, price difference aside (this was much cheaper) I actually prefer the machine looks and the coffee taste. This is larger although with Italian styling and is noisier but I love it. It is elegant, easy to use and clean. Thanks for wonderful service again.

Morphy Richards Accents 44744 4 Slice Toaster - Copper
Morphy Richards Accents 44744 4 Slice Toaster - Copper

5.0 out of 5 stars Toaster, 24 Aug. 2012
Bought this online and have been exceptionally pleased with it. Some reviews mentioned a problem with the controls but all I can say is I have had no such problems. From ordering to delivery was easy and speedy. Well done Amazon

Page: 1 | 2