Profile for nyorks Annie > Reviews

FitFlop Lulu Canvas Womens Casual Sandals Rio Pink 5.0
Offered by Mozimo
Price: 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My feet love them., 12 May 2014
This is my fifth pair of fitflops and they, like the others, are wonderfully comfortable. One proviso - they are not good on wet feet, as I found out in a torrential downpour last summer. But they fit well and cling to the feet so you don't have to curl your toes to make them stay on and you can walk very comfortably in them. Lots of people say they don't like the idea of a thong between the toes but you really don't feel it while wearing them. I recommend them to all my friends. They are quite generously sized and while I would normally wear size 5.5, the size 5 is absolutely fine for me.

The Impossible Dead
The Impossible Dead
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 3 May 2014
Having read several of the Rebus books, I'm now finding Inpsector Malcolm Fox of 'The Complaints' equally fascinating. Ian Rankin just has the ability to keep you guessing with numerous twists and turns as the plot develops. The characters are believable and the storyline is bang up to date with references to Scottish Nationalism and the forthcoming referendum. I'll be looking out for more in this series.

Reflections of Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy)
Reflections of Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy)
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 17 April 2014
I've read two of the three books in this trilogy and enjoyed them very much. The author obviously loves France and her neighbours near the home she and her husband created - there's no 'Aren't French peasants funny?' in her books but heartwarming memories of the building of a holiday home and new relationships with the people who help them. She also delves into a bit of social history and explains old customs and practices - I found it fascinating.

Bananagrams Game
Bananagrams Game
Price: 13.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all ages., 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Bananagrams Game (Toy)
We bought this for ourselves, and I've since bought more as presents for other people. It's easy to pick up the rules and doesn't take too long to complete a game. We've played it with the grandchildren (11 & 8) and they love it too. Easy to take with you on holiday - easier to play than Scrabble.

Road to Rouen
Road to Rouen
Price: 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The title is almost the best bit., 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
Found this intensely irritating. Ben Hatch didn't arouse my sympathy for the situation he found himself in or his solution to it. I didn't take to his horrible children either. Funny in a few places but couldn't decide whether it was meant to be classified as humour, travel or self-help.

Mayflower:The Voyage from Hell (Kindle Single)
Mayflower:The Voyage from Hell (Kindle Single)
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read., 12 Mar 2014
One for the historians. It's packed full of detail about things you didn't know before. Well researched and all too short.

Addictaball Large Maze 1 Puzzle Game
Addictaball Large Maze 1 Puzzle Game
Offered by Vinsani
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to its name!, 12 Mar 2014
I bought this for my husband as he played endlessly with the grandchildren's one. He loves it! It is certainly addictive as far as he's concerned and all of them are in competition to see who gets furthest.

Mrs Robinson's Disgrace: The Private Diary of a Victorian Lady
Mrs Robinson's Disgrace: The Private Diary of a Victorian Lady
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read if you like history., 12 Mar 2014
I enjoyed the lead up to the main events of the story - the social setting and the detailed background. The actual court case is quite an enigma - did these events happen or was it all a figment of Mrs Robinson's imagination? It's a little repetitive in places but if you are interested in history - particularly social and women's history, then you should enjoy it.

Christmas with Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts Book 4)
Christmas with Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts Book 4)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars All right for a light read, 12 Mar 2014
It's an undemanding read and the plot is more than a little far-fetched and implausible. I note the author has written several other books on the same sort of premise and I wonder how she imagines up enough material. I wouldn't buy another.

Logo Billionaire Board Game
Logo Billionaire Board Game
Offered by a1 Toys
Price: 19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Logo Billionaire Board Game (Toy)
We played on Christmas Day almost as soon as my grandson had opened it! Found the instructions a little tricky to follow, but the best thing seemed to be to just go for the simplified version and learn as we went along. It was good fun and the children have played several more times since then.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3