Profile for S Forsyth > Reviews

Content by S Forsyth

S Forsyth

Page: 1 | 2
Delivered From Doubt (The Amish of Elkhart County #3)
Delivered From Doubt (The Amish of Elkhart County #3)
Price: 1.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Conclusion To A Great Series, 9 Sep 2013
The final part of the Amish of Elkhart County serial ties up all the loose ends nicely and brings the saga to a really satisfying conclusion. The characters were really well written and I could relate to them - particularly Mary. The plot was well structured and the style was easy to read and made me want to keep turning those pages!

Daisy Fields has written a fine little saga, and her portrayal of the Amish life was realistic and interesting to read. I look forward to her next book!

The Little Alien's  Adventure Trip to Earth - Transportation Books
The Little Alien's Adventure Trip to Earth - Transportation Books
Price: 1.88

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Charming book!, 2 Sep 2013
This is a very charming and imaginative book that will captivate children. The pictures are really cute and the story is fun and engaging. Kids will love Lan the alien and I certainly hope they'll be another book!

Cake and Pie Recipes From Mamaw's Kitchen
Cake and Pie Recipes From Mamaw's Kitchen
Price: 2.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Helpful Book!, 30 Aug 2013
As a person with a very sweet tooth I highly enjoyed this wonderful book which provides some mouth watering recipes. I especially liked the fact that as you are making everything from scratch, you avoid all those nasty preservatives.

The instructions were clear and concise, which isn't always the case with some books I have bought, and the selection of cakes and pies is wide and interesting. I can't wait to try the Holy Bible Cake!

There's nothing better than home-made food, and these recipes will enable you to make tasty treats that are far better than box mixes.

I can't recommend this book highly enough!

Eating Gluten-Free on a Budget: A Beginner's Guide
Eating Gluten-Free on a Budget: A Beginner's Guide
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful Book, 29 Aug 2013
This is a very helpful book. The author gives good advice about what foods are gluten free and where to shop for them. Recommended!

The Ultimate Running Guide for New Mothers: 6 Weeks to Getting Back into Shape and Dropping That Post-Baby Weight!
Price: 2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Practical Advice and Inspiration!, 28 May 2013
As a new mother I was keen to get myself back into shape after the birth of my daughter. However, I wasn't quite sure where to start. I didn't want to push myself too far, too quick. So I searched on Amazon and found this book. I'm glad I did!

Full of useful advice and inspiration, The Ultimate Running Guide For New Mothers is a comprehensive 'Bible' for new mothers who want to get fit and drop those pounds! Starting with an explanation of the bodily changes experienced during pregnancy, it then follows a logic and step by step process. It tells you where to begin, gives you a timetable and then an actionable plan that is easy to follow.

This is a really useful book, and I highly recommend it to all new mothers wanted to rid themselves of those 'baby pounds'!

Seven Crazy Cupcakes (Beautiful Illustrations)
Seven Crazy Cupcakes (Beautiful Illustrations)
Price: 0.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Enjoyable Book, 21 Feb 2013
This is a great little book for kids. The idea is original - what kid doesn't like cup cakes!

The illustrations are nicely done and the rhymes work well. However, some of the content isn't in rhyme, so that makes it a it a little confusing as to whether this is a rhyming book or not.

All in all, though, it's a great little book to entertain your child and teach your little one about getting ready for bedtime.

Healthy Eating Cookbook
Healthy Eating Cookbook
Price: 5.12

5.0 out of 5 stars A great recipe book that will make your mouth water!, 26 Nov 2012
I've purchased a few recipe books on Amazon and this is certainly one of the best. In Healthy Tasty Recipes, author Angie Sansom has cooked up a variety of healthy and tasty dishes that will make mealtimes enjoyable and fun.

The book is well organized into categories so you can easily click through to the appropriate section. They include Breakfasts, Smoothies & Juices, Snacks, Soups, Meat and Fish Dishes, Vegetables and Salads and Desserts. So there is something for everybody, no matter what time of day it is!

The instructions are well layed out and easy to follow, and I found quite a few I'd never heard of before.I'll look forward to trying these out.

Overall, a great recipe book that I will certainly be referring to again and again. Highly recommended!

Night Is A Woman (The Chemical Vampire Series Book 1)
Night Is A Woman (The Chemical Vampire Series Book 1)
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars An exhilarating Vampire Romance, 20 Nov 2012
Night of a Woman is a truly refreshing take on the vampire romance genre. Jennifer Stewart has crafted an interesting and exhilarating take on vampire love and spun an exhilarating tale of tragedy, emotion and suspense.

I've read quite a few vampire books and this is one of the best, mainly because of the unique twist to the story and the imaginative narrative which ambles along at a quick pace and leaves you excited to click the button at the end of each page. It's certainly a page turner!

Great, story, great twist, great suspense. What more can I say!

Highly recommended.

How To Sell More Kindle Books - By Maximising Your KDP Select Days!
How To Sell More Kindle Books - By Maximising Your KDP Select Days!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Resource For Publishers, 8 Nov 2012
'How To Sell More Kindle Books' by Jenny Collins was a highly informative read that gave me fresh insights into how to maximize my earning from Kindle by selling more of my books.

I've been publishing on the Kindle for about 9 months now and have read quite a few books and reports on Kindle publishing. This book is right up there with the very best of them! This straight forward guide cuts to the important aspects and leaves out any fluff that I've encountered in some guides.

The book is laid out in a really logical format, beginning with an explanation of what KDP Select is, how to set up an account and how to chose which market for your book. It then moves on to the more meaty aspects and deals with aspects including how to get your book reviewed legitimately (far too many people come a cropper doing this the WRONG way!) and how to set up your KDP Select promotion the right way.

This chapter was a golden nugget of information! Jenny provides a list of sites which will promote your book for free when you have it on the KDP Select promotion. I'll certainly be contacting these sites and I'm sure that they will help greatly in getting my next book plenty of exposure.

There's also a bonus chapter called 'Secret Resource For 350 Sales In One Day. This was worth far more than the purchase price on it own!

A great book, and one which every Kindle author should add to their library if they want more sales. Highly recommended!

You are a Winner! Easy 1,2,3 Sweepstakes and Contests "True Confessions and Inside Secrets of an Admitted Sweep-a-holic" (Easy Sweeps and Contests)
Price: 1.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Winning Tips From A Sweepstakeoholic!, 22 July 2012
I've entered a few contests in the past here and there but have never been fortunate enough to actually win anything. I came across You are a Winner! while browsing Amazon and since the price was good I decided to buy.

I'm really glad I did. Penelope outlines just why most people never end up winning anything (like me!) and gives you lots of tips and advice on how to go about your sweepstaking in a more professional manner that will drastically increase your chances of actually winning.

There was plenty of helpful advice and it is clear that the author knows what they are talking about. I've registered on the site given in the book and I'm now going to spend a decent amount of time playing and hopefully win something.

With Penelope's help, I'm sure I can. I recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2