Profile for Bobnick > Reviews

Powertraveller minigorilla Multi-Voltage Portable Charger
Powertraveller minigorilla Multi-Voltage Portable Charger
Offered by Flashmemo-Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Aug 2013
Have had a power monkey for ages and found it useful. Bought this because the monkey will not charge my tablet. The Minigorilla is great because it deals with both my phone and tablet. Holds its charge for a long time, and re-charges quickly.

ETHERNET NETWORK LAN CAT5 CAT5E RJ45 RJ11 CABLE TESTER
ETHERNET NETWORK LAN CAT5 CAT5E RJ45 RJ11 CABLE TESTER
Offered by Elephone UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 26 Aug 2013
Does the job well enough - cannot complain at the price. Apparently I have to add 9 more words. Bah!

StarTech.com Cat5e RJ45 Modular Inline Coupler
StarTech.com Cat5e RJ45 Modular Inline Coupler

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 26 Aug 2013
Seems to do the job without a noticeable effect on signal transmission. Apparently, I have to add 8 more words.

Anker® 2200mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III, GT-I9300, with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 26 Aug 2013
It seems to work as well as the original, though I haven't noticed any improvement in the time between charges.

Garmin Nmaps - Full European Lifetime Map Updates for nuvi series
Garmin Nmaps - Full European Lifetime Map Updates for nuvi series

4.0 out of 5 stars No surprises, 13 Aug 2012
I have installed one update since purchasing this product, and it went smoothly. Obviously, I'm not in a position to provide a systematic review of the accuracy of the update, but I have noticed that a speed limit change made on a local road around 18 months ago has yet to be reflected on the Garmin map. The main question with any of these type of products is for how long the support will continue - what does "lifetime" mean. There are plenty of caveats in the small print, so only time will tell.

Asus 2-in1 Euro and UK Plug Eee PC Transformer Travel Adapter Kit
Asus 2-in1 Euro and UK Plug Eee PC Transformer Travel Adapter Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars No-choice Purchase, 12 May 2012
I purchased this item as a spare for those occasions when I leave an adaptor at work. Due to the non-standard charger connection on the Transformer, there appears to be no option but to purchase this product. The connection of the plug adaptor is not well designed, requiring signficant force to fit, and involving a tiny plastic lug which is prone to break off.
On the upside, charging is quite fast, and the adaptor is light,so carrying it is much less of a burden than, say, the one for my Toshiba laptop.

Stick Anywhere Multi Surface Car Universal Phone Mount for the Apple iPhone 4 Mobile Smartphone
Offered by Buybits Addons

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 23 Feb 2012
I wanted a fairly substantial mount for my mobile phone, having had breakages with the cheap versions. This product really is as substantial as it appears in the photographs. The biggest surprise was finding that it was able to stick to the rough surface of the dashboard (as shown in the photos). It is not cheap, but I'd say it is worth every penny.

Garmin Nuvi 2460LT 5" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (44 Countries) and Lifetime Traffic Subscription

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 22 Jan 2012
Bought this for my wife. The basic functions are easy to access, and the advanced features seem to cover most of the things that you are likely to need from a satnav. The large screen is excellent, and allows the route to be shown even when junction images are displayed. The unit seems pretty robust, especially the mounting bracket.

There are a few minor niggles. For example: It probably isn't as easy as it should be to obtain an overview of the proposed route, so that you can adjust it or select alternatives - a view is available, but it is not terribly clear (road numbers seem quite hit and miss when large areas are displayed); the cigar lighter plug is quite large - I found myself hitting it as I changed gear in my own car, though it isn't a problem in my wife's; and when using the hands free function I cannot find a way to end a call without using the phone itself (calls end fine when the other person hangs up).

The Wankel Rotary Engine: A History
The Wankel Rotary Engine: A History
by John B. Hege

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent balance of history and technology, 22 Jan 2012
I bought this for my brother, who has a Mazda RX8 and is interested in most things rotary. I was impressed with the content when I received the book from Amazon, and my brother has also given very positive feedback. The only negative was the flimsy cover, which wasn't ideal for a book intended as a gift.

Xylo Car Kit: Windscreen Suction Mount Holder and In Car Charger for the Samsung i9000 GALAXY S Mobile Phone
Offered by Xylo Uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for the price, 25 Oct 2010
This product is cheap, and the quality is about what you would expect. So far I have had to use superglue to repair the lug on the window sucker, and one side of the phone holder itself. The micro-USB plug is also a bit loose in the socket of my Galaxy S. I bought the kit to try out the satnav function on my phone. Having established what I need, I will know what to look for when I spend more money. No complaints.

Page: 1 | 2