Profile for Jill > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Set Of 5 Paisley Rose Glass Bowls
Set Of 5 Paisley Rose Glass Bowls

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty lids, sturdy useful bowls, 25 Sept. 2014
About the only thing that these bowls cannot be used for is oven cooking. However, that is no problem as I only wanted them for storage. They are ideal for that. The glass seems quite sturdy - so much glass ware these days is flimsy and feels very fragile - and the lids clip on, though they are not water-tight, but again that is no problem for me. The lids are very pretty, and I am very pleased with my purchase.

Invisible Minerals Part I - Magnesium
Invisible Minerals Part I - Magnesium

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and easy to understand, 1 May 2014
This book has helped - and is still helping - me to understand the need for magnesium. My knowledge of science is limited, but this book makes the need for magnesium very clear.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy and tasty, 20 Nov. 2013
Very crunchy crispbread, but very tasty, and good with just butter. Better with a bit of cheese though. Or as an accompaniment to a salad.

Transatlantic Sessions - Series 2 (complete) feat. John Martyn, Nanci Griffith, Ricky Skaggs, Paul Brady, Ronan Browne, Rosanne Cash, Radney Foster, James Grant, Boo Hewerdine, Fiona Kennedy, John Leventhal, Ishbel Macaskill, Iain Macdonald... [DVD]
Dvd ~ Musical Directors Aly Bain / Jerry Douglas
Offered by mmglobal3

5.0 out of 5 stars Great musicians, great music, 20 Nov. 2013
A very enjoyable collection of music played by musicians from both sides of the Atlantic. Will be watched many times, I know.

Three Men in a Boat
Three Men in a Boat

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 26 Aug. 2013
I first read this at school, and enjoyed it so much that I bought it for myself. A great book to go back to time after time.

Paterson Olive Oil Oatcake 300 g (Pack of 6)
Paterson Olive Oil Oatcake 300 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best oatcakes, 2 Mar. 2013
These are my absolute favourite to eat with cheese. They are also tasty enough to eat with just butter if a quick snack is needed. The ingredients are good and I wouldn't want to be without them in my cupboard!

MeraxDesk Or Wall Mount All-In-One Digital Alarm Clock / Thermometer / Calendar
MeraxDesk Or Wall Mount All-In-One Digital Alarm Clock / Thermometer / Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy if you want to know temperature, 2 Mar. 2013
A clear readout, especially for the temperature, which was mainly why I bought this item. The humidity is a new thing for me, and it is interesting to see the changes.

The Garlic Twist- the 3rd Generation
The Garlic Twist- the 3rd Generation
Offered by Handy House

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and easy, 2 Mar. 2013
The best garlic processor ever! It worked very well, and after chopping the garlic, we even had the resulting fine pieces looking like the picture on the box - a first for us! We found that a small brush, such as a pastry brush ( not the one we use for pastry!) was helpful to remove all the bits.

Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar
Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar
by Dr. Robert Lustig

5.0 out of 5 stars Science of sugar and how our bodies metabolise it, 2 Mar. 2013
All written in layman's terms, so that it is easy to understand. Dr Lustig explains what has happened to processed foods over the years and suggests ways of combating the ill effects of too much sugar in our diet. Should be a set book in every school!

Pure, White and Deadly: How Sugar Is Killing Us and What We Can Do to Stop It
Pure, White and Deadly: How Sugar Is Killing Us and What We Can Do to Stop It
by John Yudkin

5.0 out of 5 stars Things we haven't been told, 2 Mar. 2013
This book explains how our bodies react to sugar, and why we should use it sparingly, if at all. An interesting read, giving lots of food for thought.

Page: 1 | 2