Profile for A. Soraya > Reviews

Content by A. Soraya

A. Soraya "Ann Soraya" (Tokyo)

How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk (How to Help Your Child) (How to Help Your Child)
by Adele Faber

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book for certain people, but not for someone like me., 13 Nov 2011
My son is 4year old and my daughter is 2yo. Since he was little baby, my son never say no, always listen and obey. Our sexond child is very diffrent, in fact i was expecting a girl to be easier to manage. People who knows me said i am very lucky mom to have a son like him, but then my girl is just completely oposite. That is why i bought this book, to understand more about how to speak and listen and understand the feeling of each kid. The result after i read this book, seems i am correct and perfect mother at all (i never thought ive done a right thing so far before i read this book), what i have done to my first and second child are exactly similar as the book suggested, but when i see my relationship with my girl, its hard... We are best friend, she loves me, she knows she must obey, but the point is SHE IS HARD TO HANDLE. So, i assume, DONT EXPECT YOUR CHILD TO CHANGE JUST BECAUSE YOU READ THIS BOOK AND PRACTICE IT AT HOME, EVERY ONE HAS CHARACTER, CHARACTER DONT CHANGE. my husband and i, now just accept it that we have challenging girl, and we will manage to continue doing the right thing and best, and hoping that she will turn a little nicer in the future. This book absolutely not for me, or you who has "character problem" either your character or the kids character. If your intention buying a book is because you have problem, than buying "character building" book is better than this book.

But, book is always nice to read, good lesson though.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2013 10:12 PM BST

Winnie the Witch 6-in-1 Collection
Winnie the Witch 6-in-1 Collection
by Valerie Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for children who s into witches and stufd!, 13 Nov 2011
My son is very interested in witches and stuff, he has tons of witch story, but he said this book is the best. It is hard cover and thin paper inside. Great pictures and simple story, great stuff for collection. Its heavy so not suitable for travel. Even my 1yo girl loves winnie witch!

Little Stars: My Behaviour - I Am Kind
Little Stars: My Behaviour - I Am Kind
by Liz Lennon

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 13 Nov 2011
This book has cheap quality of paper as a photo book. These book contain 90% children photo with expression, so to me, it supposed to have a better quality and thicker paper, so the picture will last longer and fool proof, right after my 2,5 year old girl holds it, and open from one page to another page, the face of one or two kids are wrinkled and white stuff of the paper appeared, makes the face of the boy looks full of pimples... The cover is ok, but the inside is cheap!!! I dont recommend this book to any ody. And espeially for young kids (which this book intented for)

Your Body (Usborne Beginners)
Your Body (Usborne Beginners)
by Stephanie Turnbull

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have better and more attractive picture!, 13 Nov 2011
I bought this book for my 3year old boy. He said,mwhy this book lied? Why they drew people inside our bone? This books invite another question from my kids because the explanation is not properly given, its too simple and makes new hard question appears from the kids. This book is ok for kid who doesnt have big curiosity.

Good quality paper, cover, boring picture.