Profile for Fuzybee > Reviews

'60 Years a Queen' Emma Bridgewater Diamond Jubilee Mug
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 9 Jan 2013
This is a beautiful mug from Emma Bridgewater. Although it was for the Jubilee, the pattern is so pretty that it will not date. It is a one pint size and is a dream to handle and drink from and the shape means it is extremely stable. It's not too chunky nor too fragile. I love it.

Unforgettable Embrace (A Contemporary Romance)
Unforgettable Embrace (A Contemporary Romance)
Price: 2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 23 Jun 2012
Free downloads do allow you to try genres you may not have considered otherwise, but this was a freebie too far me me! I thought the story a little cliched and very drawn out at times, but the biggest drawback was it felt as if I was being subjected to an extended advert about spas, restaurants, beauty treatments....which if you find interesting, then this read would be excellent, but as I say, not for me.

Bubba and the Dead Woman
Bubba and the Dead Woman
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely turn of phrase..., 6 Jun 2011
Good story, well written, captures the feel of the Deep South, makes me want to read other books by this author.

Sue Lawrence's Book of Baking
Sue Lawrence's Book of Baking
by Sue Lawrence
Price: 14.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally reliable recipes, 28 Nov 2010
Apart from being delicious, the recipes work, which is not always the case with cookbooks. My children like baking from this book because it is very easy to follow the well written instructions. Thoroughly recommended, especially the Blondies.

AeroBed Platinum Natural Single Airbed
AeroBed Platinum Natural Single Airbed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 28 Mar 2010
Don't mistake this for the cheap versions that collapse in the middle of the night, and are really only suitable for children; this is easy to set up, comfortable to sleep on and easy to deflate. The inflation mechanism really does only take a minute, and should the bed be overinflated, there is a valve that you can use to alter the firmness whilst on the bed.

Useful, comfy, effortless

Oz Clarke OC-CS2 Electric Corkscrew, Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Oz Clarke OC-CS2 Electric Corkscrew, Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a gimmick- it looks good and works brilliantly!, 1 Dec 2009
I thought this was just another gadget to clutter up the kitchen, and was dubious when my husband insisted on buying one: but as well as being stylish to look at, it really is unbelievable easy to use. I would highly recommend it, and of course it makes an excellent present.

Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey
Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey
by Rick Stein
Price: 20.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-buy cook book for anyone interested in Eastern food, 9 Aug 2009
Because of limited shelf space for cook books, I want to know that any book I buy will have a reasonable percentage of usable recipes: and this fulfils this criteria in bucket-loads. You get a lot of recipes for your money, and they look DELICIOUS. You don't need to have watched the TV series to appreciate the recipes, and I love the fact that you have the cuisine of different countries explored in one book. From a Bangladeshi point of view, my mother was ecstatic to have a recipe for biryani from Fakruddin's, which really is as famous in Dhaka as Rick claims. One final thought, the Bangladesh programme has not been aired yet, but did he really feel a pork recipe was representative of a predominantly Muslim country? But maybe that's just the explorer in him, not just going for the obvious. Love the book.

Vivicam 7388S Digital Camera (7MP)
Vivicam 7388S Digital Camera (7MP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compact camera, quality images, 15 May 2009
I took this on holiday to Florida with me: it was compact, easy to use and the images, and in particular the videos, were very good quality. Most cameras take good pictures, but what really impressed me was the videos of the Disney fireworks; no previous camera I have ever had has been so efficient at recording. The black was really black and the colours were vivid. I would recommend.

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2009 (Unofficial Guides)
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2009 (Unofficial Guides)
by Bob Sehlinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential guide to visiting Disney, 2 Mar 2009
Not only did the book reduce our waiting time and allow us to access updated touring plans on the TouringPlans website, it meant we got the most out of the rides and attractions by giving us background information. A lot of the attractions have a 'story' to them, which was not immediately obvious unless you had read up on it. It made our whole visit more enjoyable, and there were loads of extra hints and tips that we would not have known about, eg riding at the front of the monorail trains with the driver.

Yes, the book is heavy, but I still thought it worth carrying around, as we got so much out of it.

I can't recommend it enough.