Profile for Mr. L. W. Dalgleish > Reviews

Content by Mr. L. W. Dalg...

Mr. L. W. Dalgleish "thebellstud" (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Veep: The Complete Season One [DVD] [2013]
Veep: The Complete Season One [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Julia Louis-Dreyfus

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite show for 2012, 30 Jun. 2012
Well at the time of writing this I have only seen a couple of episodes but I am definitely liking this show. Having not watched "The Thick of It" I can't compare the shows but i did laugh at the situations and the way the characters behaved with one another. I also was partially shocked by the amount of foul language but I did find it funny rather than inappropriate. Definitely a show I would buy on DVD and watch again. The cast are very good, Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a brilliant actress. While not a fan of Seinfeld, I have seen her in various other things and always thought she was great. I love the fact that "Buster" from "Arrested Development (fantastic show) is also amongst the cast, as is "My Girl" herself, Anna Chulmsky (sp?)
I hear the show has already been picked up for a second season so I hope this has a decent run.

We Are Born
We Are Born

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 July 2010
This review is from: We Are Born (Audio CD)
I stumbled upon the album last night and it is brilliant. I had no idea that it's not out until September. I love the song "Cloud" as the chorus is just so catchy and airy. I have Sia's last album and while I enjoyed it, I only really listen to a handful of tracks. I listened to this new album all the way through without skipping and was pleasantly surprised. It's quite different from the last. I am definitely going to pre-order this album. I hope she does well. The Madonna cover (Oh Father) is really good. I love the original and Sia manages a slightly new take on it. Can't wait until September!

Tomb Raider Underworld (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider Underworld (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Tomb Raider Game!, 27 Nov. 2008
I had the game 2 weeks before general release and I spent an entire weekend playing the game as much as I could. The game is incredibly addictive, the graphics are amazing, lara is so fluid in her movement and the level of detail is nothing ever seen in any of the previous games. Ignore the negative review as it is complete nonesense, Lara interacts brilliantly with the environments, brushing plants out of her way as she runs through the jungle. The bike part of Mexico is excellent. One of my favourite levels has to be Mexico. I do love The Mediterranean purely for how dark it is and how you really have to look around some environments. I cannot wait for the downloadable content to become available. This game is definitely worth buying. At the end of the day it has fantastic graphics, brilliant level design, very atmospheric sound track, great control system and Lara is most definitely looking her best yet. Go and buy!!!

30 Rock - Season 1 - Complete [DVD]
30 Rock - Season 1 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tina Fey
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 Rock, ROCKS!!, 23 Jun. 2008
Having designed a feature on this show ages ago for the newspaper I work for, I didnt really give this show a second look. I wasn't overly interested and the fact it had Alec Baldwin in it seemed to put me off. BIG MISTAKE!!! My editor loaned me the Season 1 boxset and I could not stop watching!!! This show is HILARIOUS. I am addicted to it. I used to watch loads of TV but due to work I don't get much time so I tend to miss out on the odd good show.. This being one of them. The cast is fantastic and the writing is sharp, witty, laugh out loud. One of the best actors in the show to me is Rachel Dratch. She has no fixed character. She plays several different people throughout the show, all of which are weird and/or crazy. The best one she played was the Russian Prostitute but you have to watch it to see.. This is not a show to be missed. It is crazy how this show isn't on at a better time on a better channel. Thats the problem over here though. If it's not a soap or reality program it doesn't get a good time slot

Lost: The Video Game (Xbox 360)
Lost: The Video Game (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars I already had it on 24th FEB!, 28 Feb. 2008
As of writing this I have had the game since 24th Feb on promo (complete game) and I must say, the graphics are amazing, the characters look so identical to the real life actors its scary. So far I have only got a little way into the game due to work getting in the way as I work in the media (hence getting it early). The atmosphere in the game is great, even i got spooked running in the jungle... Especially when the black smoke appears. This is a must have for fans... I would also recommend it to non viewers of the show purely for content. I watched the first two Seasons and gave up but this has re-awakened my interest in the show... Even my housemate loves it and he hates games!

Detours
Detours

5.0 out of 5 stars SPOT ON SHERYL, 6 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Detours (Audio CD)
Despite the album not released until 18th Feb I have had Detours for a week (since writing this review). This album is just brilliant. Shine Over Babylon is my favourite song on the album. Listening to the album you notice it's quite politial but also sounds like the classic Sheryl material from years ago but at the same time she hasn't just stuck to the same old formula... This album surpasses her previous release (Wildflower) by miles. I am counting down the days until I buy the physical album which isn't long now. This isa must for anyone who likes even just one of her songs.. You will be hooked instantly!!

Seventh Tree (Deluxe CD/DVD)
Seventh Tree (Deluxe CD/DVD)
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful, 7 Jan. 2008
Goldfrapp's style is very unique and catchy. They are a bit like marmite... You either love them or you hate them. Either way you have to admit they are original. I stumbled upon Goldfrapp by accident when flicking through music channels when "Train" was released from their second album. I rushed straight to the shops to buy it and have been hooked ever since. I must admit that Supernature is my favourite album overall purely for the glam feel to it. I recently heard they were releasing a new single which I have managed to listen to several time and it is just beautiful. Its so new and different to their previous work but it still manages to give a nod to it too. I have also heard Caravan Girl and Cologne Cerrone Houdini... The latter I am unsure as to if its on the new album but still sounds great.... I have a feeling this album is going to be one to buy in 2008.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 29, 2008 12:36 PM GMT

Alan Carr - Tooth Fairy LIVE [DVD]
Alan Carr - Tooth Fairy LIVE [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Carr
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 14 Nov. 2007
Being a fan of The Friday Night Project I was excited to hear about Alan touring and tried in vein to get tickets but sadly had to wait until the DVD was released. Alan has always made me cry with laughter and this DVD was no exception. I was literally screaming at several points through the show. There is never a dull moment and while I am familiar with some of the material thanks to youtube clips of old stuff, it never gets old. This is a must buy for anyone who loves to laugh. I guarantee you will be down A&E with pulled muscles where you have been laughing so hard.

Scissor Sisters - Hurrah, A Year Of Ta-Dah [DVD] [2007]
Scissor Sisters - Hurrah, A Year Of Ta-Dah [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Scissor Sisters
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnifique, 5 Nov. 2007
Having seen the Scissor Sisters 3 times now, and knowing just how great they are live, I thought I would write a review. I was at the 02 the night they filmed and it was amazing. They have such an amazing stage presence and the humour is twisted and crude and it all blends together wonderfully. I have seen them in small and large venues and they themselves have confessed that smaller venues are more intimate and they bond more with the fans but they don't dislike the larger venues. This tour was new for them in the sense that they had to play the bigger stadiums to larger audiences than they were used to. I am particularly looking forward to the DVD because I was questioned last year when I saw them at Wembley but a man that was filming for the extras part of the DVD. Hopefully I have made the cut.
Obviously I haent seen the finished product but as I was there I can safely say this is definitely worth buying

X + DVD
X + DVD
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars X-Tremely brillint, 29 Oct. 2007
This review is from: X + DVD (Audio CD)
I have managed to collect a total of 20 leaked songs that were considered or are going to be on the album. All I can say is these songs are absolutely superb. I can't stop playing them. I have the Mylo songs that he had put on his myspace, I have Kylie's 2 Hearts and the original Kish Mauve version aswell as the Studio version. Lose Control would have been great on the album as its heavily elecro. I am so pleased they kept In My Arms as that is bound to be a single. Spell of Desire should be on the album as its a brilliant song. In total I think I have 6 of the confirmed tracks and I will definitely be buying this album as it will be a sure fire album of the year. Kylie has done well with this album

Page: 1 | 2