Profile for Tony > Reviews

Content by Tony

Tony (England)

MOFRED®-SCREEN PROTECTOR For Apple iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S 16GB & 32GB - FRONT AND BACK FULL BODY PROTECTORS VALUE PACK (6 FRONT+6 BACK)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Aug 2014
These screen protectors are unbeatable at that price, I would even go as far as to say these are up there with the so-called "top quality" screen protectors costing over £10, FOR ONE!

I bought a six or ten pack (can't remember which) for my iPhone 5 and I have only needed to use two of them in a year. :-)

Hipsway
Hipsway

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning., 8 April 2014
This review is from: Hipsway (Audio CD)
I remember getting this on cassette as it came out in the 80's and since then I have purchased it quite a few times but I hadn't had a listen to it at all for about 10 years. Coming back to it you realize what a truly superb album it is, there isn't a single "filler" song on it! I have completely lost count of the hundreds of albums I have listened to and the majority of them to one extent or another have fillers. Some albums I have bought before only have a couple of great songs, this one is perfect.

Another reviewer has quite rightly pointed out that it has aged well, and they're not wrong it hasn't aged much at all, With the amount of turgid drivel about these days I doubt very much that you can revisit an album of 2014 28 years later and it sound as good as this one does.

Highlights for me are "Tinder", "Upon a thread" and my favourite "Set this day apart."

Massively under-rated group and album, this is sheer magic from the 1980's, buy it!

Collections
Collections

5.0 out of 5 stars Give this album a chance., 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Collections (Audio CD)
I was a little underwhelmed when I first listened to this album but after quite a few (approx. 15) listens this is really coming into its own. Memeo and Freedom Found are my favourite two, absolutely outstanding songs.

I think people need to stop comparing the two albums as that is clouding their judgement I think.

Hard Candy
Hard Candy
Offered by Sent2u

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, even after 10 years., 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Hard Candy (Audio CD)
Just been getting back into this album big time and it has got to be their best album, of late the wheels have really come off, resorting to releasing an album of covers FFS. I doubt they will ever recreate an album anywhere near the magic of this album. Top 4 songs for me are "New Frontier" "Miami" "If I could give all my love" and "Up all night" utterly fantastic songs.

Quite surprised at the amount of negative comments for the previous album "This Desert Life" that has some superb songs on there too, "Hanging around" and "St Robinson and his Cadillac dream" are truly beautiful songs.

I love the Crows but they haven't released a decent album since 2002. Thanks for the memories guys.

Life's Too Short - Series 1 [Blu-ray]
Life's Too Short - Series 1 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Warwick Davis

1.0 out of 5 stars Woeful., 11 Jan 2012
I'll keep this short and sweet but just to warn anyone who (like myself) is a big fan of Gervais and Merchant's previous excellent work to avoid this because it is utterly utterly dire.

I'm hoping that this is just a blip because another like this could seriously ruin their reputation.

Panasonic KX-TG6411ET DECT Single Digital Cordless Phone Set - Black
Panasonic KX-TG6411ET DECT Single Digital Cordless Phone Set - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective., 10 May 2010
I had an earlier model of this phone for over three years and it was superb, sadly it packed up on me a few weeks ago so I purchased this newer model. This phone is an excellent "no nonsense" phone, very simple display, amazing battery life and crystal clear reception.

I am old enough to remember the good old days when things were a lot more simple and in a day of gadgets with 1001 different features it is great to have a nice simple cordless phone. With this phone I do not need to worry about a greeting message when I turn it on, nor do I have to mess around with stupid background displays.

For the price this phone is a great product.

Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very happy., 16 Dec 2008
This review is from: Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
I promised my best friend that I would buy this fantastic Paul Ross canvas for him at Christmas but unfortunately forgot to buy it for him. He commited suicide on 3rd January 2009. I'm utterly devastated.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2010 1:28 PM BST