Profile for Jenny > Reviews

Content by Jenny

Jenny

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
VAIN (The VAIN Series Book 1)
VAIN (The VAIN Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Love The Initial Introduction To Noah, 17 July 2014
This is a story of a perfect, sexy man who has been scared and of his using the perfect body of a woman for his work, of photographing nude women.

However this is not the only thing in the book. Said lady, Alexa, has had a bad experience recently with a man, not that she will talk to her friends about what has happened. She is all set to finalise details of becoming a teacher when she does a favour for a friend by delivering food to a penthouse flat. Where she encounters ‘the’ Noah Foster, and oh boy does she encounter ALL of him!!

This leads to him proposing to use her as his next nude model, tasteful pictures with no facial shots. Only problem is that if she wants to have sex with him then she can’t model for him, it’s modelling or sex, not them both.

You can guess what comes next, yup the both. The character of Alexa I’m not fully convinced of yet, hopefully this will come over time, Noah’s however…..he has been so well written and described that you can believe he is how he is meaning you can believe what happens at the end of this instalment. While I guessed as to part of what would happen I was not expecting all of it. I cannot wait to see how Alexa deals with this and what this means. Roll on part 2.

The Art of Wedding a Greek Billionaire (Book 5) (Greek Billionaire Romance)
The Art of Wedding a Greek Billionaire (Book 5) (Greek Billionaire Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow To Start But Concludes In A Great HEA, 16 July 2014
Well this is a hard review for me to write. I pride myself in being honest in reviews but I love this author and all of her books soooo here it goes.

The beginning of this book does not work. Don’t ask me what it is but it just does not have the same tone as the rest of the series does. The book is spilt into Part 1 and Part 2, it is Part 1 that is the problem and a small part of Part 2. At this point you will do doubt be looking at my star rating and thinking ‘why the 5 stars then?’ The answer is a simple one. The rest of the book more than makes up for its shaky start.

From events that have transpired in pervious instalments we knew that Mairi and Damen’s path to their HEA was not going to be an easy one, and, running true to form, it isn’t. We have his mother still doing her best to retain the power she now has over the company but worse than this we have Mairi’s doubt of Damen’s love for her, and with good reason, however this time her trust would not have been unfounded.

However is what Damen doing to prove his love going to be the thing that finally rips them apart? NO! I can officially put anyone who has the worry that it will be another cliffhanger ending that this is NOT the case and they end up with their HEA with Mairi having caught her billionaire. Yes there are things to be resolved but we will find out the results of those I book 6 (book 6 I hear you asking) which will be FREE!!

I am looking forward to the final instalment and the stories of those billionaires and friends that have yet to get their HEA. After a long wait I think most of you will be very happy. Yes there will be those unhappy, you can’t please everyone, but I for one am ecstatic with their HEA.

Please note that I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery
The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery

1.0 out of 5 stars Glitched To Hell, 15 July 2014
Have played and bought crystals. But now, after deciding to not load, now loads but having wiped out all of my progress. Not happy

A SEAL's Mission (Love and Scandal Book 2)
A SEAL's Mission (Love and Scandal Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunky SEALs and Crooked Politicians, 14 July 2014
This is the perfect blend of book for me, intrigue and a dash of romance thrown in for good measure. This is something that has set Rachel Kall apart from other romance authors I read. Her novels are predominantly about whatever conspiracy/crime is underway.

This time round we see Scott Ranger, who appeared as Viv’s ex in Race to Kill, rescuing journalist Rowena Murphy after she is kidnapped in Afghanistan. Only problem is that that kidnapping was more than a random event, as he discovers 6months later when Rowena attempts to track down the SEAL who rescued her.

The SEAL who rescued her made such an impression on her that she believes that he will be able to help her with the story that she has been working on for a while. This story involves some new weapon technology and said weapons illegal testing.

The characters as in previous installments are well written and likeable, the action fast paced and intense and the romance a good addition to the story. I have just one quibble with the romance in this story and that is after the conspirators have been rounded up and the couple declare themselves, this was the only corny moment that made me cringe.

It is lovely seeing Marcus Locke again who was the lead in Race to Kill and this is just another way that Rachel Kall is creating a great series. By using characters who have appeared in previous installments you feel compelled to either re-read the previous books or, if you have not already done so, buy them and read them.

Please note I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Chasing Perfection Vol. 1
Chasing Perfection Vol. 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Introduction To A Series, 14 July 2014
I love this author and absolutely adored her previous series, Club Privé. This is the first book in a trilogy with the next two books coming out over the next couple of months. The only reason that it has lost a star is for the fact this is the start of the story and as such an introduction to the characters and the story.

The story was one that I really enjoyed and I cannot wait to find out the secrets that DeVon hides, you just know that there is a reason for how he is. I loved the lead female, Krissy, already having loved her from her appearance in the Club Privé series as Carrie’s best friend and flatmate.

The story itself doesn’t have much occur between the two leads romantically beyond both of them fanaticising about the other one. However don’t mistake this for their not being any sex scenes, there are, one of them being more risqué than the other (yup the one with DeVon!).

I cannot wait to see how Krissy responds to what DeVon does at the end of the book. With her character I can envision it going a number of ways, each of them in my mind being a great option!!

Please note that I was given a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Freakn' Cougar (Freakn' Shifters Book 6)
Freakn' Cougar (Freakn' Shifters Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Something Just Failed To Click, But Still A Great Read, 14 July 2014
I have to say that unlike the other book in the series the cover put me off a bit, yes I get that she was a cougar, in both shifter and age sense but, having now read the book cannot help but feel it does not, for me anyway, resemble the female lead contained within the pages. Yes she is older but in the book she is described as being late 30’s being able to pass for an easy mid 30’s.

Anyway, now we have my issues with the cover out the way to the story itself. I’m not sure why but I just could not warm up to Patricia, who we had already met briefly in Already Freakn’ Mated, or to Stu, one of the many brothers of Naomi from book 1. Ricky however I loved. Bad boy reformed, dirty mouth, tats, shifter… you get the idea!

There is someone going into prisons killing the shifter inmates and covering it to look like suicide. This is where Ricky and Stu come in. Ricky for his brawn and criminal past and Stu for his computer hacking skills, and mildly criminal past, are placed into one of the prisons yet to be targeted to try and figure out who is killing the shifters and, with the help of Patricia, also undercover but as a guard, capture them.

Only problem is that they are mates, all of them. Coupled with Patricia having closed off her heart due to the death of her mate years previously, fate couldn’t have been so cruel as to have given her another chance at heartbreak, and with two younger men to boot?!

The sex scenes in this are just as hot as the books that came before this and I love that we stay within the same family. The story is a good one and my only reason for having taken away a star is for the fact I just couldn’t bring myself to like two of the characters. I enjoyed the interactions the characters had with one another, some of it made me laugh, it was the characters individually that was the problem for me. Others wouldn’t have the same issue but for me….. I think you know where I am coming from now.

On a side note I loved the last part of the story and cannot wait to meet the final brother yet to find his mate, if this small clip is anything to go by it could be the best one yet….

Please note I was given a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Jungle Freakn' Bride (Freakn' Shifters Book 5)
Jungle Freakn' Bride (Freakn' Shifters Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Of The Series So Far, 14 July 2014
This is my favourite of the series so far. This story runs alongside the one of Human and Freakn’ which featured Carlie’s sister Ruth on a mission to save her from her kidnappers. Although headed as book 3.5 I feel it best to read after Ruth’s story. This is the story of what happened between Carlie and her two kidnappers, who just happen to be a pair of freakn’ jaguar shifters!

Not only that but it shows what happens when a modern woman is thrown into a thoroughly traditional tribe. The situations that arise from Acat and Chaob’s (mainly Acat’s) chauvinistic view on how their mate should behave lead to some steamy scenes. Again this is a ménage book that will leave you panting and needing a change of clothing.

Acat and Chaob’s fine physiques encased in a thong loin cloth and their inability to talk to their American, opinionated female captive lead to them suffering and Carlie just having to tease Mr Kitty and Golden Grin (well a girl has to come up with nicknames) and perhaps scratching a certain itch herself!

Carlie I adored, when she uses the pair of them for her pleasure I fell in love, GIRL POWER!!!! My one criticism is she goes from having an IUD to being pregnant, ok so there is a period of time between the last chapter and the epilogue but it seemed like a bit of a leap, especially without the exchanging of the L-word prior to that, a small thing but hey it bugged me!

Please note I was given a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Human and Freakn' (Freakn' Shifters Book 4)
Human and Freakn' (Freakn' Shifters Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jungle Setting, Shifter Males and a 'Lost' Tribe, 14 July 2014
This is one half of the story about a pair of sisters, the other story being Jungle Freakn’ Bride, and in my opinion it is this story of the sisters that should be read 1st.

This is the story of Ruth, a chunky, tall, blond female, who also happens to be a female. Something that could pose a problem for one of the shifter males it seems fate has decreed will be her mates. Those mates are Kendrick, one of Naomi from book 1s brothers, and Joel, Kendirck’s best mate and the unhappy result from a shifter/human pairing which resulted in his mother walking away never having known her husband was a shifter.

I loved Ruth and her character has got to be one of the best in the series, with her sister from the next book running a close second. She has no idea how attractive she is to the two hunks and this leads to some fantastic dialogue and some blue balls for the two shifters involved.

Kendrick, after initially being an ass, has a lot of making up to do, but with his poor 1st impression he made coupled with Ruth’s low self-esteem their journey to a HEA mating will not be an easy one. Throw in a tribe of shifters who steal women to be their brides, creepy crawlies and a jungle and you’re in for a wild ride.

Already Freakn' Mated: Paranormal Shapeshifter Romance (Freakn' Shifters Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Shifters, Danger, Forbidden Love, It's All Here, 14 July 2014
This book differs from the rest of the books in the series, both the ones before and after this one, in that it does not involve a MFM relationship, as well as the fact that there are two couples featured, one pairing more than the other.

Chris has watched as his brother and sister have both fallen into polygamous relationships but that is not for him, nor is the whole mating scene. He is quite happy making his way through the ladies of the town thank you very much! However all that changes when a petite feline shifter answers the door and the mating fever begins…and then her husband steps up behind her, slamming the door in his face.

The story is another good one with twists that from the blurb I wasn’t expecting it will lead both of the married pair into a journey of discovery that will rock both of their enforced sheltered existence.

The characters in this book were brilliant to read and I adored Gina, Sheng/Jack’s mate. It is when the shadow of Jiao and Sheng’s past comes into their present that they both have to face the reality of their situation and their respective mates. Another great instalment in the series.

Please note I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Jealous And Freakn': (Shapeshifter Menage Romance) (Freakn' Shifters Book 2)
Jealous And Freakn': (Shapeshifter Menage Romance) (Freakn' Shifters Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stubborn Shifters, Naughty Shifters.... Threesome of Shifters, 14 July 2014
Like the 1st book we have a shifter ménage! It’s official, I am converted into loving books with a threesome! This is the story of Naomi (from Delicate Freakn’ Flower) best friend Francine and Naomi’s brother, Mitchell. Oh yeah, and don’t forget Javier from the 1st books brother Alejandro.

Francine has known for years that Mitchell is her mate, however the stubborn freakn’ idiot has avoided her for years. Just when she is contemplating giving up on him in rides Alejandro whom she is instantly attracted to, only problem is surely he can’t be her mate, that would be Mitchell.

The only problem is that Mitchell, despite suddenly noticing that Francine has grown up, refuses to even contemplate sharing, no way no how is that for him. This of course leads Alejandro to, very selflessly of course, offer to make him jealous! I have to say that Mitchell annoyed me while Alejandro…yum, womaniser or not! I loved that they did indeed get together and mate without all the issues properly resolved. Things just don’t smooth out that easily, no matter how you may wish it. Yes the three of them get their happily ever after and as a reader we get our ménage. Happiness all around.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17