Profile for C. Ratcliffe > Reviews

Content by C. Ratcliffe

C. Ratcliffe "CPR" (Barwell, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphone - Black
Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphone - Black
Offered by Monoprice UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A good backup set, 16 April 2014
For the money they're amazing. Compared to reasonably priced earphones they're a bit dodgy. I keep them in my bag for emergencies.

Missing You
Missing You

1.0 out of 5 stars A contrived shocker, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Missing You (Kindle Edition)
Wow. Quite possibly one of the worst books I've read. Having read all of Harlen's books and having been disappointed with Six Years I was really hoping for a return to form with this. It takes formula writing to new depths with one dimensional characters, a plot with so many holes and an ending that is so obvious you see it coming from the first third of the book. A shocker.

The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
by Dr Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous results, 30 April 2013
I first heard about this on a radio interview, and realised I had completely missed out on the Horizon programme! To start with, I was cheap, didn't buy the book and tried it based on a couple of the (very informative) Amazon reviews! It worked really well, but as I hadn't read the book I didn't really know why the 500/600 calories thing was so important. The good news was that I was losing weight, but not a huge amount, and I guess I was around the 700-800 calorie mark.

Buy the book. The book explains everything, the thing I took from it was that although you lose weight, it isn't really a diet. It is a way of life and if you can turn what had been two significant days in a week that you build up to an insignificant habit, then it really does become easy. I started this at the beginning of February, when I was running through the snow with my daughter and realised that I was out of breath in a very short time. Since then I have lost over two stone in weight. There have been two or three weeks where nothing comes off, and then some weeks where it drops off. I have had to buy new jeans (my old ones literally fall off me now), and my shirts/jackets fit me much better. A belt that I've had for ten years is now too big, and importantly I feel much better.

I don't see this as a diet at all. The ability to choose the days that you do the diet is important (I generally do it when I'm travelling for work). I've only had one day that I haven't felt well, so I had some food and swapped fast day to the next day. I had been concerned about feeling hungry, but I'm eating more fruit and vegetables now than I can ever remember doing, and going to bed feeling full.

So, so far, I've lost 2 stone 3lbs, and I'd like to lose another 2 stone, but if I don't, I already feel better after running around after my daughter, so I'm happy!

Wolf Hall & Bring Up The Bodies: Two-Book Edition
Wolf Hall & Bring Up The Bodies: Two-Book Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars An enigma, 20 April 2013
Not much is known about Cromwell and these books shed light on an intelligent, ambitious but not ruthless man who dealt with his "low birth" and never let it hold him back. Of the two books, I enjoyed Bring Up The Bodies more.

Car + Home Stereo Auxiliary AUX-IN Input Lead / Cable 3.5mm for iPods, iPhone 6, 6+, 5S, 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, smartphones, mp3 players and tablets (1.2m)
Offered by InCarCables Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not quite perfect, 8 April 2013
It works really well, to be fair there's not much that can go wrong! The only thing that you need to think about is that if your iphone has a cover then it won't fit.

New Trent (2PCS) Combo-Pack: Dual High-Speed USB Port Car Chargers w/ Free Full Speed Micro-USB Charging Cable - 1pc 15W black and 1pc 15W white (NT89T)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 8 April 2013
A really compact and clever unit. It manages to charge both my bluetooth headset and the phone at the same time.

The Wire: Complete HBO Season 3 [DVD] [2007]
The Wire: Complete HBO Season 3 [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Dominic West

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 April 2013
A wonderful and addictive series. Not the same as the short attention span TV that we are spoon fed these days. This is a show that is perfect to watch one after the other so you can really get into the characters.

7dayshop Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver - BLUETOOTH ENABLE YOUR HI-FI, SPEAKER DOCK OR CAR STEREO!
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Very clever, 8 April 2013
I use this in my car to link my phone to the car so I can listen to podcasts. It works really well and is very easy to set up.

Udderly Smooth Extra Care 227g Unscented Moisturising Cream with Urea
Udderly Smooth Extra Care 227g Unscented Moisturising Cream with Urea

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped, 8 April 2013
After reading the reviews, I was really hoping this would help sort out my very dry hands. It hasn't worked that well at all. I ended up buying the Neutrogena hand cream and it sorted my problem in two days!

London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base
London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base
Offered by The Tea Makers of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a single cup of tea, 8 April 2013
A really cheap, and very useful tea infuser. The space allows for the leaves to circulate and it works brilliantly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4