Profile for Duncan > Reviews

Duncan "DynamiteDunx"

Bell A685FM5BLSR4-L Motocross Helmets Moto R Strip, Blue, L
Bell A685FM5BLSR4-L Motocross Helmets Moto R Strip, Blue, L

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice!, 11 Feb. 2015
This is a lot of helmet for the money & I'm so pleased with my choice. My main lid is a 59cm Arai road version, and I took a gamble that the 59cm Bell would be the right size & it's a perfect fit. Other reviews say it can be a bit tight, but I find it's nice & snug, although I have a slim build. This is designed to be used with goggles, so doesn't take a visor, and was supplied in a box with a drawstring bag.
One thing to mention... I want to fit a GoPro mount horizontally above the peak, but there's a slight ridge down the centre, so even the curved mount doesn't fit 'flat' without doubling up the backing tape.

Anker 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger ?External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets ()

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges my 'phone faster than it discharges!, 24 Mar. 2014
I use my external battery to keep my 'phone charged whilst playing Munzee and/or Ingress. These apps drain the 'phone's battery quickly as they use GPS, data and and have your screen awake.

I've tried a few other 'high charge rate' external packs, but they can't keep my 'phone charged as fast as the 'phone's internal battery discharges. This results in your 'phone lasting a bit longer than normal, but powering down, completely drained, but with plenty of life in the external pack; which is pretty useless!

This external battery is different... the charge rate is higher, so even with very heavy use, my 'phone's internal battery charges and stays full until the external pack runs out of juice.

Garmin Heart Rate Monitor For Garmin Fitness Products including Forerunner, Edge and Vivofit

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with Etrex 30, 23 May 2013
I've been using this with the Etrex 30 while cycling for a few months now and it works a treat!
You just need to damp the two rubber pads either side of the centre bulge with a wet finger and it connects straight away.

I upload cycling data to Endomondo & Garmin and they both add the HR graph to my workout automatically

One tip though... when the battery went a bit low recently, I changed the battery and found the unit wasn't connecting any more. I found a forum on the Garmin site where someone said if it fails to pair, take the battery out of the HR strap, short the HR monitor battery terminals for a few seconds with a piece of wire, paperclip etc and it'll clear the memory. I did that, refitted the new button cell and it paired fine again.

Greatest Hits - The Road Less Traveled
Greatest Hits - The Road Less Traveled

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection I keep coming back to, 25 Sept. 2012
This album was my first introduction to Melissa thanks to the 'similar artists' feature on Spotify. One listen to this album and I enjoyed every track. When flicking through my music collection since, I often select this album.

Protective Case / Box / Enclosure Transparent (Blue) for Raspberry Pi
Protective Case / Box / Enclosure Transparent (Blue) for Raspberry Pi
Offered by SB Components Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great attention to detail, 25 Sept. 2012
I'm very impressed with this case; simple construction, yet great attention to detail. I've uploaded a photo to show in better close-up. All the ports are labelled, the on-board LEDs have light-pipes, with their functions labelled, the bottom of the case has moulded feet to give clearance for ventilation & cross-shaped mounting holes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lowepro Toploader Zoom 45 AW - Black
Lowepro Toploader Zoom 45 AW - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for Nikon D7000, 4 Jun. 2012
Lowepro is my brand of choice for camera bags, and I was looking for one to fit my D7000 with 50mm prime lens for travelling, and this is a perfect fit! I think it was designed to have the lens point downwards, so in that configuration, it could take a longer lens. With the 50mm lens, you can have the camera either downwards, in which case the top of the case is a perfect fit for the camera body, or slid in sideways with the lens facing sideways, which is my preferred option.

I just thought I'd update this as I've since bought the Nikkor 16-85mm lens, and when fitted to the D7000, it's a good fit in this case with the camera located with the lens downwards.

Garmin Bike Mount for Colorado and Oregon
Garmin Bike Mount for Colorado and Oregon
Offered by Markstore

4.0 out of 5 stars Mount for Etrex 10/20/30, 28 April 2012
Beware the Etrex mount listed elsewhere does not fit the Etrex 10/20/30, so you need this one.

It fits nice & securely on the stem and my Etrex is locked tightly even mountain biking, so this is a great mount.

I didn't give this five stars as trying to get my Etrex off the mount was a nightmare! I looked at it carefully and when locked in, the top of the mount is touching the Etrex body and unclipping it, makes it touch more. I got around this by filing the ends of the runners to make them a little thinner, just at the end (top of Etrex) and now it is easy to remove, yet still just as secure.

I assume the reason for needing to do this is because this mount is not designed for the Etrex, but I guess it has the same battery cover.

Oh finally, when fitting this mount to your Etrex, whatever you do, make sure the battery cover screw is locked in the closed position, else you'll be swearing, believe me!!!

Waterproof Anti-Shock Double Protection Camera Hard Case for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ57 TZ55 TZ40 TZ35 TZ30,SZ8,SZ3 & Canon SX610 SX600 S120, IXUS 265 132 125, Nikon L29 L30 L31, Samsung WB250F, Sony HX50, HX60 (Blue)
Offered by BV-electronics

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small for TZ-20, 26 Dec. 2011
I bought this case to go with a Lumix TZ-20, but found it wasn't really big enough for this camera.
With just the camera in the case, the zip is tight and when contained the camera and one spare battery, the zip failed within hours.
The case has two internal padded dividers, but there isn't any room to put anything else in these sections, so it may help to cut out at least one of these dividers, to reduce the amount of internal padding.
I'm now looking for a slightly larger case. If you're looking for a case for a TZ-20, I recommend you do the same.