Profile for venetian lair > Reviews

Loose Onions: Submit To The Whims Of Your Master III
Loose Onions: Submit To The Whims Of Your Master III
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably Good., 30 Jan 2014
I have only read the first few pages a bit, whilst tabbing back and forth between the Kindle Reader, and all the other distracting shite I spend my evenings looking at on the internet. I was actually meaning to load up the Danny Dyer biography that I hadn't finished yet, but accidentally loaded this instead.

I imagine it will be good, so there you go, five stars. A bit like that band from off of the 80s. 5 Star. Is that racist?

If you can't be bothered to read it, let me help you out. The final words are, 'The End'.

There. When is the next one out?

The Mablethorpe Connection
The Mablethorpe Connection
Price: 2.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Tragic, 25 July 2012
Had I have known now, what I thought I knew then... No, wait... Had I have of known then, when I know now...

Had I have known now, that I thought I wanted to know then.

That's not right, either ('neither?'), is it?

Save yourself the time of reading this review and get the book to read instead of reading this.

You will thank me.

Teaching Visual Literacy in the Primary Classroom: Comic Books, Film, Television and Picture Narratives (David Fulton Books)
by Tim Stafford
Price: 21.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, insightful, practical and fun, 10 Sep 2011
For those of you working in education, looking for something a little different to inspire your pupils, as well as your own creativity, this is the book for you.

Tim has managed a genuine first here; a book about teaching that I actually wanted to read! As well as a huge selection of practical ideas for classroom activities, theory and analysis, Tim has included a number of very interesting interviews with some of the people providing the source materials for the activities. This is a masterstroke, as you really feel yourself understanding the visual materials on a very personal level, which is an education in of itself.

If you are teaching, teacher training, or working in education in any other form, and would like a fresh perspective, your book is here.

Great stuff, and highly recommended.

Him & Her [DVD]
Him & Her [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Tovey
Price: 7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars This will be remembered fondly, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Him & Her [DVD] (DVD)
Incredible.

Like most things which shatter my world, this kind of annoyed me first; I didn't like it much, and it's over-realistic pace did little to draw me from the 48 tabs I had open in Firefox, the Renoise experiment I had started that morning, and the cans of cheap Japanese booze I had around my feet. And I think that is the point.

Dan is the best thing about this. He comes in for short moments, but you are left with a terribly sad feeling in your heart. You want to go and hug him, but you know that tragically, if you did, you would end up hating him. The tears that slid down my cheeks watching this were in part for the antics of the rest of the cast, in pity of their grey standard-ness, but mainly for Dan, who we have all met, and is out there in his t-shirt and will be alone like he is forever.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2011 11:58 PM BST