Profile for Clare Taylor > Reviews

Content by Clare Taylor

Clare Taylor "quiltdude" (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK)

Spend the Day in Ancient Egypt: Projects and Activities That Bring the Past to Life (Spend The Day Series)
by Linda Honan

5.0 out of 5 stars Egyptian lifestyle, 18 Feb. 2015
A book full of information and ideas for activities. Has been well used this term during our Ancient Egypt topic.

Patchwork Floral Single Duvet Quilt Cover Set In Pink
Patchwork Floral Single Duvet Quilt Cover Set In Pink
Offered by Lottie Lee Linens

5.0 out of 5 stars Country duvet cover, 18 Feb. 2015
Gorgeous colours, nice heavy feel cotton.

Show Me a Story: 40 Craft Projects and Activities to Spark Children's Storytelling

5.0 out of 5 stars For Budding story tellers and writers, 17 Oct. 2012
What a fantastic book. Full of simple cost effective ways of stimulating imagination and building stories. The props are easy to make and reusable. I have used some in my class and after the initial session I left the story stones out and the children go to them again and again. It has increased their language skills and made story telling and the writing of stories fun.
Would recommend a copy for any parent, student teacher ot teacher who wants to enhance their story telling abilities, the kids will love you for it.

Kid's Dress Ups and Parties ("Australian Women's Weekly" Home Library)
Kid's Dress Ups and Parties ("Australian Women's Weekly" Home Library)
by Mary Coleman

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids parties all wrapped up in one book., 6 Jun. 2012
I bought this book to replace my first copy which I've had for close to 15 years but has gone missing. If you want fun ideas for themed parties then look no further. It includes fancy dress costumes + the patterns. There are invitation suggestions, games, party food etc. Yes some of the ideas are repeated but isn't that what we do, just alter games for different themes. I have used this book so many times in the last 15 years. I've made almost every costume which are very simple. I've used the games at home, in my Brownie unit and at the school I work in. So if your looking for a DIY party book oozing with creative ideas then this is the one for you.

Prairie Children and Their Quilts  "Print on Demand Edition"
Prairie Children and Their Quilts "Print on Demand Edition"
by Kathleen Tracy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for basic patchwork., 22 Feb. 2009
This little book is a real sweetie. Not only does it have some great mini quilts but also lots of history about the designs too. The dolls quilts are quick and easy to put together, great for someone wanting to try out patchwork.
I have made all the quilts in the book and found it a great way to use up all those precious little scraps you can't bear to part with. My daughters aged 9 and 12 have also made some of the quilts. They found them the perfect project size to complete and are very proud of their creations.

Knitted Babes: Five Dolls and Their Wardrobes to Knit and Stitch (Mitchell Beazley Craft)
by Claire Garland

5.0 out of 5 stars knitted dudes, 3 Mar. 2006
I bought this book for my 9year old daughter who has just learnt to knit and wanted to make something more than a scarf.
She is now onto her second doll. They are so easy to do, lots of helpful hints and tips at the start to get you through tricky bits like increase and decrease.
The outfits are gorgeous with lots of ideas to make them yours.
They are not traditional dolls due to their long legs, but are going to be firm favoutires in my house!!