Profile for MC > Reviews

Content by MC

MC "EmmCee" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Only Time Will Tell (Clifton Chronicles Book 1)
Only Time Will Tell (Clifton Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Master Storyteller Does It Again, 5 Jun 2014
This book is in the same mould as Kane and Able. Jeffrey Archer paints pictures for your to read with words. He is so descriptive of each character that you feel you almost know them (as in real life). Some you like and some are horrible people, but all with a part to play in the rich tapestry that are the Clifton Chronicles.

This book outlines how each character has a part to play in this story of the lowly versus the rich and how their lives become intertwined. Each is given plenty of column inches so that you really understand who they are and why they are like they are. The Clifton's and the Barrington's (the main characters) are brought together by a strange set of circumstances and they weave in and out of each others lives with a majestic twist at the end that I did not see coming. I am now onto the 2nd book in the series - The Sins of The Father and that is just as absorbing as 'Only Time Will Tell'. There are 4 books in this series and I want to read them as quickly as I can to see what happens to everyone, and on the other hand, I want to read them slowly so that I have it for longer to relish!

Jeffrey Archer is the consummate storyteller and I hope he writes for many more years to come. I am working my way through his catalogue of works and I have yet to be disappointed by him.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 11:14 AM BST

Kane and Abel 30th Anniversary Edition
Kane and Abel 30th Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime Story Telling, 7 May 2014
This has re-affirmed by belief that Jeffrey Archer is indeed a master story teller.

I originally read Kane and Abel in 1983 – in one night! I started about 8ish in the evening and got totally gripped. Luckily I had nowhere to be the next day and I proceeded with the ‘I will just read one more page, I’ll read to the end of the chapter, I’ll read one more chapter’ mantra until finally about 4 or 5 in the morning I had finished the book.

I just had to know what happens next and the way that Mr Archer intertwined his story of the two main characters, their families and businesses is so well written and described that I cannot imagine anyone would not find this a fascinating read. Love, hatred, allegiances, betrayal etc. everything is there.

I thought, before re-reading Kane and Abel again, that I remembered it perfectly from when I originally read it, but I had forgotten so much – and remembered a lot too, that again I could not put it down –although this time I paced myself and read it over several evenings. I am about to start re-reading The Prodigal Daughter and although not as gripping as Kane and Abel, it is still nonetheless a good, absorbing read.

I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone. You are in for a total treat.

I have also just received the DVD of Kane and Abel and unlike most mini-series made from a book, this sticks to the book as near as is possible.

The Official Everton FC Autobiography
The Official Everton FC Autobiography
by Sport Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Evertonian Fan, 27 Nov 2013
I bought this as part of a birthday gift for a die-hard Evertonian and he informs me that it is a very comprehensive account of the club.

I'll take his word for it!

Large Cake Decorating / Icing Revolving Turntable **With a free Icing Smoother** By Bake and Create

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Turntable, 27 Nov 2013
I have used this for decorating a cake and it made the job so much easier than trying to work around the cake.

Now all I have to do is spin the turntable and that it has a 'non-slip' base makes it far more stable.

I am very happy with this purchase.

Christmas Sugarcraft Cutters Plungers For Cake Decorating Christmas Tree Santa Claus Snowman Sleigh Snowflake Hollyleaf Deer Bird Bell Bear Plungers Cutters (12 sets)
Offered by Western Wind 123

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 27 Nov 2013
I cannot believe the value for all these plungers and cutters.

They are very good quality and will make all my Christmas goodies look more professional.

I highly recommend them.

10 Sterile 5ml Luer Slip Syringe
10 Sterile 5ml Luer Slip Syringe
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Syringes, 27 Nov 2013
Bought, not for medical purposes, but for my cakes. I am using one for 'feeding' my Christmas cakes with brandy and the others for picking up food dye to colour my icing.

They are perfect for these small jobs and less messy than the other methods I have used.

Sexbomb (Album Version) [feat. Mousse T.]
Sexbomb (Album Version) [feat. Mousse T.]

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom at His Best, 1 April 2013
This song is so catchy and easy to listen to.

Mr Jones at his very best. I enjoy listening to this song regularly and it has made me revist his other songs.

Travellin' Man
Travellin' Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Travellin' Man (MP3 Download)
Great song from a sadly missed musician.

Evokes thoughts of travelling to exciting places. I would also recommend the song 'Garden Party' from Ricky Nelson.

HP 364 Black Cyan Magenta Yellow & Photo ink cartridges
HP 364 Black Cyan Magenta Yellow & Photo ink cartridges

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 31 May 2012
I am so pleased to have found this supplier.

The ink is excellent quality and the cartridges are always sealed - hence in mint condition.

I always prefer to use 'original' inks and these are at a wonderful price considering that you are getting 5 cartridges.

I compared the price with other stores - all well known names - and the difference in price was phenomenal. Not just a few pounds but amazingly each cartridge bought individually was between £27.00 and £29.00 each!!!

They have even supplied a post paid envelope for you to return your empty cartridges for donating towards a childrens cancer charity - lovely gesture.

Buy from this supplier with confidence - I certainly do and I will be back for more as soon as I need them.

Thank you Ink Jungle for a wonderful product at a great price.

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (Nintendo 3DS)
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fun, 18 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My nephew is in love with this game and plays it constantly. A very happy boy! Good game as far as I am told.

Page: 1 | 2