Profile for LittleMoo > Reviews

LittleMoo "LittleMoo"

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars A nightmare to clean up after!, 14 Sep 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this product based on the manufacturers claims that it is less messy than playdoh and won't grind into carpets. How wrong can you get? Because it's so dry and powdery, it gets even further into your carpet and doesn't even hoover out easily either.

My daughter does like smushing it in her hands but it has a crumbly texture and just falls to bits rather than changing shape. It only stays in one piece if you compact it really hard and even then it can be crumbled easily and thrown in every direction in milliseconds - guess how I know this?

For the price it's incredibly poor value and shouldn't cost more than £5 in my opinion.

Who Are You, Baby Kangaroo?
Who Are You, Baby Kangaroo?
by Stella Blackstone
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Bouncetastic!, 22 Feb 2010
My 10mth old Daughter fell in love with this book instantly. She loves the repetition and wonderful illustrations. The thick board pages are easy for her to turn too.

Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay: And Other Things I Had to Learn as a New Mom
Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay: And Other Things I Had to Learn as a New Mom
by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly honest, 13 Mar 2009
Having previously read 'The Fat Ladies Club' and found it judgemental and bitchy, this was the refreshing change I needed. The author is not afraid to admit to the mistakes she's made during motherhood and is openly honest about her views on many aspects of child rearing.

It made me realise that, aside from common sense, there's no 'trick' to bringing up a child and that what some people see as the 'right way' is only one option, with other ways being just as valid and successful.

Hatched!: The Big Push from Pregnancy to Motherhood
Hatched!: The Big Push from Pregnancy to Motherhood
by Sloane Tanen

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me laughing out loud, 13 Mar 2009
Having seen some of Sloane Tanen's childrens books I was curious about this one. I'm 8 months pregnant and thought it could be the light-hearted look at pregnancy and motherhood I desparately needed. As soon as I started to read I was in stitches. Some of the scenarios are just so true and the super cute chick pictures just made me laugh even more!

There's something very wrong about a picture of a 4 month pregnant chick in black lacey lingerie but it certainly tickled my funny bone :oD

Highly recommended.

Animal Husbandry
Animal Husbandry
by Laura Zigman

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hit the mark, 10 Jun 2008
This review is from: Animal Husbandry (Paperback)
I read this book to try and get me through a relationship split, but I couldn't even finish it! I got to the point where I didn't care what happened to any of the characters, and I had no sympathy at all for the main character. To psycho-analyse a short term relationship in the manner that Jane does is pretty disturbing to be honest.

I've given this book one star but only because it brought me out of my misery by making me realise I wasn't as sad as Jane!

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't believe this is a debut album!, 12 Feb 2006
The overwhelming quality of this album is far beyond most debut albums. I was so impressed by just how developed and rich the song-writing and music are.
I listened to the album based on just one track, 'I write sins not tragedies', and I'm pleased to be able to say that this is certainly not a one-hit album. The stand out tracks for me are 'Lying is the most fun...' and 'The only difference between matyrdom...', with 'I constantly thank god for estaban' and 'I write sins...' coming close behind.
The overall effect of the album is slightly dark, theatrical, vaudevillian, dance floor fun and you'll find yourself singing along in no time!

G-Sides
G-Sides
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Ooh ooh ooh!, 29 Dec 2005
This review is from: G-Sides (Audio CD)
As a Gorillaz fan I wasn't disappointed by this collection of 'G-sides'. This is the kind of album you can stick in the cd player, kick off your shoes, have friends round and chill to. I enjoyed the freshness of the tunes and the originality of the concept. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2