Profile for Victoria England > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Magic in the Mist: A Polwenna Bay short story
Magic in the Mist: A Polwenna Bay short story

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Mar. 2016
I loved it but it was far to short!

Secrets of the Sea House
Secrets of the Sea House

4.0 out of 5 stars ... I decided to try it - and I was glad I did, 29 Mar. 2016
This was interesting and not the normal type of novel I would go for - but as it was on offer I decided to try it - and I was glad I did.
The story flicks back and forth from the present to the past and describes events in the house following the discovery of a mermaid child beneath the floorboards and the story of how it comes there is described within the pages set in the past.
It makes you think about what life was like in the northern islands in the late 19th century and the clearing of the islands. A book that makes you think beyond the closing of the last pages.
I would try more of her work again.

Treasure of the Heart: Polwenna Bay 4
Treasure of the Heart: Polwenna Bay 4

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been looking forward to this member of the families story and it does not disappoint. Smugglers, 29 Mar. 2016
Finally Izzie's story. I have been looking forward to this member of the families story and it does not disappoint. Smugglers, curses and a gorgeous treasure hunter combine to make this the ideal book to curl up with.

I have adored these novel's and hope that Ruth continues with the stories set in the bay as I have grown to love the characters and feel part of their family.

Monchhichi 20cm Pyjama Boy
Monchhichi 20cm Pyjama Boy
Offered by Igruschki

5.0 out of 5 stars As gorgeous as I remember as a child when I ..., 31 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Monchhichi 20cm Pyjama Boy (Toy)
As gorgeous as I remember as a child when I collected the originals. A lovely surprise stocking filler from my children, he graces my bedside cabinet (when my youngest son has not stolen it for his own bed!)

Snow Crystal Trilogy: Sleigh Bells in the Snow / Suddenly Last Summer / Maybe This Christmas (Mills & Boon e-Book Collections)

5.0 out of 5 stars I fell totally in love with this trilogy, 31 Jan. 2016
I fell totally in love with this trilogy. The three brothers stories are lovely as they flow from one to another and characters develop and fade into the background as another couples story is centred.
Strongly recommend.

The Girls In The Woods (The Annie Graham series, Book 5)
The Girls In The Woods (The Annie Graham series, Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars It isn't long before the ghosts start coming out of the woods, 31 Jan. 2016
I really enjoyed this book. It was nice that now the Henry back story has finished that new characters are coming to light.

Annie is now on sick leave from the force as she is six months pregnant and is very bored. In true Annie style though it isn't long before the ghosts start coming out of the woodwork. A strange case going back 20 years haunts both Annie and her new friend Jo as they get entangled with a photographer with a strange fascination for photographing the dead.

Twists and turns through out and a lovely curve ball too, a real enjoyment. It was so good I read it in a day!

Mermaids, Fairies & Fantasy: Coloring Books for Grown-Ups, Adults: Volume 4 (Wingfeather Coloring Books)
by Cheryl Casey

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid - Dark pictures that are impossible to colour., 30 Dec. 2015
I am extremely disappointed in this product. Dark pictures that are impossible to colour, obviously coloured illustrations turned into black and white, very misleading. I enclose photographs of some of the pages for you to see for yourselves.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fairytale Beginnings: A heartwarming romantic comedy
Fairytale Beginnings: A heartwarming romantic comedy

4.0 out of 5 stars Some of the plot line seemed a bit far fetched and it didn't flow quite as much as I would have liked. Undiscovered passages and, 7 Nov. 2015
I read this novel in a day when curled up in bed with flu. Some of the plot line seemed a bit far fetched and it didn't flow quite as much as I would have liked. Undiscovered passages and not noticing a massive hole in the wall when a draft is blowing seemed bizarre, yet the story between the two characters although predicable has lovely extra's thrown in. I particularly liked the three old ladies from the village. I would say to download and read this but be prepared to just accept some of the plot as not making sense and enjoy that which does.

Escape for Christmas: A Novella (The Escape Series Book 2)
Escape for Christmas: A Novella (The Escape Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to curl up on the sofa with, 7 Nov. 2015
A lovely yet predicable novella. Great to curl up on the sofa with.

Four Weddings And A White Christmas (Cherry Pie Island)
Four Weddings And A White Christmas (Cherry Pie Island)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely ending to the series, 7 Nov. 2015
A lovely ending to the series of books which I have enjoyed reading this year. We follow all the characters from Cherry Pie Island through their weddings and discover new love and laughter along the way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5