Profile for Hazita > Reviews

Content by Hazita

Hazita

HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Fax)
HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Fax)
Offered by MCO SUPPLIES UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 2 May 2011
I bought this item mainly because my other all-in-one HP printer failed badly (very quickly too), and I had just bought 100's worth of ink cartridges. Moreover I needed to be able to print invoices for my small business, so I was in a hurry.
This was the only one compatible with the failed J4680 model that my IT shop refused to repair on the grounds of "too expensive". The software refused point blank to install on my XP laptop, and none of the (extensive, therefore worrying) steps in the help sections worked. To the point where the last step (download the basic driver from the HP website) came with a "free" Trojan attached. How embarrassing is that? Combine that with a pointless call from some miserable idiot at the HP Helpdesk who basically blamed my laptop and I think it's clear you need to take a long and hard look at whether you really want to spend money on a product that may not work and a customer service department who don't care in the slightest.

Buy a different make, it will help your stress levels. That also goes for the other (J4680 all-in-one model btw).

If there was a way of giving minus stars, believe me they would get it.