Profile for Mr. Ciaran Meagher > Reviews

Content by Mr. Ciaran Meagher

Mr. Ciaran Meagher "Bookie Wormie" (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Keeping Up with the Kalashnikovs
Keeping Up with the Kalashnikovs

5.0 out of 5 stars another great Ross read, 13 Dec. 2014
I have read all of the Ross O'Carroll Kelly books, and this latest one certainly doesn't disappoint. Without giving any of the story away, there is a lot of changes happening, which should make the next Ross saga's even more exciting.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Offered by You Want GPS

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift for my 11 year old daughter, 14 April 2014
I bough this as a Christmas gift for my 11 year old daughter, as well as a cover to protect same.

She loves it. End of - easy to use, excellent quality that one would expect from Samsung.

A Life Worth Living: Michael Smurfit's Autobiography
A Life Worth Living: Michael Smurfit's Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly interesting read, 14 April 2014
I have always had the highest respect for the Smurfit family. This book is very frank and honest, describing his father's humble beginnings of self employment, right through to the growth of the Jefferson Smurfit Group.

I would advise every entrepreneur to read this highly engaging autobiography.

Vitabiotics St John's Wort 30 Tabs
Vitabiotics St John's Wort 30 Tabs
Offered by PharmaCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 July 2013
St Johns Wort is excellent - need I say more? If anyone is unsure about this product, just buy it and try it for yourself. The multi national drug companies hate its existence, as this is a natural remedy which works, and has no side effects.

Golf Rules Quick Reference 2012-2015: A Practical Guide for Use on the Course
Golf Rules Quick Reference 2012-2015: A Practical Guide for Use on the Course
by Yves C. Ton-That
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, very useful, 24 July 2013
As a beginner to the game of golf, I have always felt very confused about the myriad of rules - this exceptionally well crafted and designed reference guide makes the fundamental rules of golf easy to find, and more importantly, easy to remember. Each rule/page is accompanied by colour diagrams.

The guide fits snuggly in my golf bag - thoroughly recommended for golfers!

Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P,  Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - White
Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P, Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good camera, 14 Mar. 2013
Excellent quality and great features for the price. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a HD camera at a good price

Razor Ultra Pro Lo Scooter
Razor Ultra Pro Lo Scooter
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, sturdy, very good, 17 Jan. 2013
I bought this for one of my sons, who has been tearing around the place on it. It is very robust, strong and ideal for anyone who wants to purchase a stunt style scooter.

Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player
Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up - easy to use, 17 Jan. 2013
This is my first streaming media player I have ever owned - I did some research on these before purchasing, and decided on the Roku 2 XS. It is very easy to set up and easy to use.

I am living in Ireland, so at present we only have Netflix available as the main streaming service available. I am confident this list will grow over time.

At Home: A short history of private life
At Home: A short history of private life
by Bill Bryson

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 20 Feb. 2011
I'm a big fan of Bill Bryson, especially his earlier travel writings. "At Home" is a fascinating insight to the forgotten and much overlooked bits of English history, researched by Bryson following a close examination of his own house in Yorkshire. Whilst I'm not a fan of history, this is an extremely interesting insight to times gone by in England, written in easy-to-read English, with Bryson's notorious wit and humour injected at regular intervals.

It's the first of Bryson's books that has taken me over a week to complete, as it is chock full of fascinating stories and intricate detail.

Well worth buying - I'm certain you will enjoy it!

Neither Here, Nor There: Travels in Europe
Neither Here, Nor There: Travels in Europe
by Bill Bryson

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest and most entertaining book I have ever read, 19 Jan. 2011
I was introduced to Bill Bryson many years ago when a friend of mine gave me this book to read. From the first page, I found myself chuckling away. It is honestly the funniest and most entertaining book I have ever read (and I read a lot).

Bill Bryson is an unconventional travel writer, who intertwines his wit and humour into all of his travel tomes.

I would recommend this book to everyone who wants a laugh. It is one of these books I re-read at least twice a year.

My only wish is that Bill Bryson would write more humourous travel books/stories - of late, his writings have become more conservative.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2013 8:40 PM GMT