Profile for Miss N. Saunders > Reviews

Content by Miss N. Saunders

Miss N. Saunders "spincity_nat" (Wales, UK)

T-Zone Revitalising Body Wash 150ml
T-Zone Revitalising Body Wash 150ml
Offered by Greens Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly effective for the price, 27 July 2014
Having spent a small fortune of products in a bid to control my acne, I felt compelled to write a review on this.

I've had acne since the age of 14 (I'm now 30) and up until now I've been unable to control it (face, chest, back). I've bought zinc tablets, different vitamins etc... But nothing seemed to work.

I bought this product from my local discount store for 99p, and while my acne hasn't completely cleared, it's improved my skin enough for me to feel confident enough to wear v neck T-shirts (with the Summer were currently having, this couldn't have come at a better time)

I've also bought the TZone spot zapping gel, face wash and moisturiser, but this is the product that works the best. I use it every day in the shower and use exfoliating gloves every couple of days.

I then use it to wash the affected areas before I go to bed. So far I've been really happy with the results, and would definitely recommend.

Al's Lads [DVD]
Al's Lads [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marc Warren
Offered by Springwood Media

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad..., 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Al's Lads [DVD] (DVD)
Interestingly, this film has only been reviewed once in the UK and several times in America, where it isn't thought of very highly. I love gangster films and thought this would be one. It isn't, but that doesn't mean it a crap film! A British boxer moves to America with his two friends in the hope of finding fame and glory. He's never fought before, except for on the rough streets of Liverpool, but a black coach sees some potential in him. There are gangster characters in this film, but if you're expecting anything like 'The Godfather' or 'Goodfellas', you will be disappointed. in 1920's America, his world mixes up a little with Al Capone's, but mostly it's about a young Scouse guy and his friends trying to make it in an unfamiliar USA. Marc Warren has always annoyed me a little bit since he was such an annoying character in 'Mad Dogs' and I've never particularly rated Ralph Little, however they are both pretty good actors in this film. Not the best film I've ever seen but I would recommend it as a decent Saturday night flick.

Kick the Drink … Easily!
Kick the Drink … Easily!

2.0 out of 5 stars Identical to Allen Carr... but with a heftier price tag, 9 April 2013
I recently bought Allen Carr's 'Easyway to Control Alcohol'. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and read it a second time for good measure. Just bought this book and was hesitant as it almost £7, three times the price of AC's book...I wish I hadn't bothered. I'm a quarter of the way through and the content is identical! Vale asks you to keep an open mind as his theory goes against the status quo (so does Carr) Vale wants you to be FREE from alcohol, and his method is to dispel any notion of alcohol being a pleasure,this is Carr's method exactly. I feel I've been ripped off, hugely disappointed.

Bringing Down The Horse
Bringing Down The Horse

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an amazing album, 30 Oct 2004
This review is from: Bringing Down The Horse (Audio CD)
To start...All I can say is like the amazing Flickerstick (the winners of VH1's "band on the run"), this band won't be as well heard of over in the UK as they should be. It's a shame, that's all I can say. A mate taped this album for me when we were in school, and as it was only a cassette, and because the opening track "One Headlight" was so amazing, that was all I heard of this album for a fortnight. My friend then suggested listening to the rest of the album, which I agreed may be a good idea, and, prying myself away from track 1, I heard the rest, and the rest as they say, is history. This is, put simply a beautiful album, Jakob Dylan (as much as I'm sure as he hates the comparisons) sounds like a much more perfected Bob Dylan vocally, and with such strong songs to back him up such as "6th avenue heartache", "invisible city" and my personal favourite "Josephine", it makes for very pleasurable listening.
My habit on amazon.com is to usually come across an album I own, which I cannot resist reviewing simply for the fact I think people MUST listen to it at some point. This is one of those albums. There simply isn't one song on here that I can really find fault with, and in a way that's a shame. People can be sceptical about buying an album simply for the lack of criticism. I think this album is great, not because I'm a die-hard Wallflowers fan, but because this is a fine piece of work. Listen to it and fall in love

Killing Zoe [DVD]
Killing Zoe [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Stoltz
Offered by DVDBayFBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 26 Oct 2004
This review is from: Killing Zoe [DVD] (DVD)
Ok, I bought this DVD without seeing it first, simply to add it to my Tarantino collection. Shallow, maybe, but it was kinda worth it. It's a bit of a strange one this film, my opinion is still divided on it. On the one hand, it's got everything you'd expect from a Tarantino film, blood, lots of killing and the like, but I can't help but feel there's something missing.
Perhaps it's the fact that the lead guy (dunno his name I'm afraid) is the drug dealer from Pulp Fiction, and I don't really like him as an actor, so perhaps I would be slightly biased on that front. However, it is worth watching, although I'd say about half the film is subtitled as it's based in France.
To sum up the film, it's about a guy who's planning a bank robbery with his mates, but it turns out a prostitute he's fallen for works there, and then a moral dilemma arises.
It's worth watching, just to say you've seen it. But I wouldn't expect too much.

Swing Out... Sisters
Swing Out... Sisters
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a fault, 26 Oct 2004
This review is from: Swing Out... Sisters (Audio CD)
I first came across this album while digging through my mum's CD collection, and I can tell you, I'm glad I came across it.
It was the first compilation I'd heard of such old songs by female soul singers, and it blew me away. The trumpet intro on Dinah Washington's "Mad about the boy" sets you up for the rest of the album, that bursts with emotion that can only be achieved in soul music. But don't take my word for it, just listen to the tracks and you'll see what I mean. Stand out tracks are "my baby just cares for me","gentleman friend","our love is here to stay", "what a difference a day makes" and "summertime". Run a bath, light some candles, get a glass of wine, lie back and enjoy. This is the most relaxing CD you'll ever listen to.

Learning to Let Go
Learning to Let Go
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent.....where've they gone?!?, 16 July 2004
This review is from: Learning to Let Go (Audio CD)
This is a band that I actually really miss. I hadn't known of them for long,(somebody I met on MSN knew them and said i try them out) and then....well, they just vanished.
White gold way is a gem of a song, one of those songs that makes you sad to think not many people will hear it, when everyone should at least once.
To be quite honest with you, it's been such a long time since i've listened to this album but my stand out tracks were
"Fabricated Lunacy", "Cannibal Kids", "Petrol Hours", "Vegetable days" and ouf course my fave "White Gold Way."
Excellent CD, one that deserves credit. Thumbs up for this one.

Bill Hicks - One Night Stand [VHS]
Bill Hicks - One Night Stand [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bill Hicks - The under-rated master of comedy, 30 Dec 2003
It's unfortunate that even after Bill Hicks' death, he is still as relatively unknown as he is. This man is without a doubt, a genius.
With a fantastic way with words, his material is hard-hitting and truth telling, which sadly many people find offensive. For the people who aren't easily bothered, then you will find your God in Hicks. Like John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix, he is a master at what he does, and I would urge you to buy this video. Do not let the fact that it's only 1/2 hour long bother you, that makes no difference, as soon as you've watched it, you'll only rewind and play it again anyway. If you appreciate comedy, he's one for you.
If non-smokers annoy you, you'll love him. If you don't think your government is telling you the truth, you'll love him. If you just love comedy and want to find something that'll get your get your whole body rocking in laughter - you've found your man. What more can I say?

When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times (Shambhala Library)
When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times (Shambhala Library)
by Pema Chodron

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight to read, 18 Dec 2003
I found this book lying around a house I've recently moved from. I don't know who bought it or what it was doing there, but the timing for finding it couldn't be better. I was having a bit of a hard time, and life was generally pants. I picked up the book as the title intrigued me, and to be honest, it was the best medicine I could have hoped for. No matter who you are, or where you come from, there's is guaranteed to be something to relate to in here. I personally read so much that rang true, it made me feel glad to be part of this world.
I read the book a while ago, and will definately be buying it for myself, it's enlightening to read, no words can describe how wonderful it is.

The Osbournes: Series 1 [VHS] [2002]
The Osbournes: Series 1 [VHS] [2002]
VHS
Offered by Xtra Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 9 Nov 2003
With so many 'American" sitcoms polluting our screens, this is a much needed smack in the face to TV at the moment. The Osbournes without a doubt is one of the funniest programmes around, with Jack and Kelly constantly fighting, Ozzy trying endlessly to get various appliances in their house to work, and Sharon spending a lot of her time canoodling the shed load of dogs that they have.
Like a cross between the Simpsons and the Adams Family, you're guaranteed to laugh until you cry at least a few times during this series. Even if you're not a fan of the Osbourne's careers, this is still a must see for anyone, one episode and you'll be hooked!
Funniest moments include Ozzy ranting about the bubbles included in his live set, a dog therapist, Sharon throwing meat at the next door neighbours, and Ozzy telling Kelly to write him a note because his hearing has gone over many years of loud music blaring in his ears!