Profile for Mr. R. Collings > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Collings

Mr. R. Collings

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Grail Knight (Outlaw Chronicles)
Grail Knight (Outlaw Chronicles)
by Angus Donald

5.0 out of 5 stars another great novel in the enthralling series, 12 May 2014
Angus Donald continues the gripping saga of Robin Hood and his band of not so very merry men, this series tells the story as would would have been , not all pretty maidens and green tights, the sights ,sounds ,and even the smells are brought to life by Mr Donald, the true meaning of loyalty and the horrors of the days of the crusades have already been covered in previous novels now we travel further down through story of Robin ,I will not go into detail about this book I do not want to spoil the story for any one ,but if you have read the earlier books you need to buy this one the action just gets better and better.If you are an avid fan of Mr Bernard Cornwell you need to check out this author and this series of books ,he will blow your mind...

Thule 961100 Wing Bar 961 Rapid System
Thule 961100 Wing Bar 961 Rapid System

5.0 out of 5 stars 2002 astra hatchback, don`t bother !,unless fitted properly !, 21 July 2013
I admit I did not buy my set from here but Got them from Halfords one week ago and had them fitted by them. I had them fitted to my 52 plate astra 5 door hatchback, They look great for a set of roof bars very sleek and neat,they are supposed to be the quietest around.what a waste of money , at 35mph they start to whistle, for every 10 mph over this the pitch of the whistle raises and so does the volume , by 55mph even with the stereo turned up loud you cannot drown out the scream that these bars cause,I can`t dare to take them up to 70mph I don`t think my ears could stand it without bleeding, I have been back to Halfords and they are talking to Thule to see if anything can be done , they have suggested a bar spoiler but I do not want any more trash strapped to my little car or anymore financial outlay. I cannot say how they perform on another vehicle but if you have a 52 plate Astra hatchback I would say that these bars are not fit for purpose and should be avoided at all costs, as you may have figured out I am not happy at all with Thule , supposed to be the best around ,forget it they are worse than having a flute orchestra on the roof !!!....further to my initial review , I have been back to Halfords and they found that the numpties who fitted my bars had left the rubber inserts off from the underside of my roof bars , they cut some rubber inserts from another set in stock and fitted them to the underside of my bars, what a difference, these bars are now almost silent , you know you have a set fitted due to slight buffeting at speed but no noise, so to update my initial review...these bars if fitted properly are great, I would praise them to any one thinking about buying them ,just make sure you do not let the Stevie Wonder twins fit them for you !!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2014 1:24 AM BST

OptiMate 4 Battery charger and conditioner
OptiMate 4 Battery charger and conditioner
Offered by 2WheelJunkie

5.0 out of 5 stars great bit of kit, 20 April 2013
top banana does what it is supposed to do and has kept my bike battery topped up well, never had a problem with flat batteries once i used this.

Kodak Playsport Zx3 Waterproof HD Pocket Video Camera - Orange
Kodak Playsport Zx3 Waterproof HD Pocket Video Camera - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars great little camera, 20 April 2013
took this on honeymoon with us to the Maldives,it is a brilliant little camera for snorkeling and quite a rugged but compact little unit, the quality of the pictures and video is really good for a fun little compact like this, just remember to get a decent size sdhc card for it as you will need it .

Karrimor Walking Socks 2 Pack Ladies Blk/Pnk Blk/Ams 6-8.5
Karrimor Walking Socks 2 Pack Ladies Blk/Pnk Blk/Ams 6-8.5

5.0 out of 5 stars ma in laws pressie, 12 Mar 2013
got these for my mother in law and she said they are great , she walks all over the place for hours at a time so if she rates them as great the they must be

Designer Recliner Gaming Bean Bag LATTE - Indoor & Outdoor Beanbag Chair (Water Resistant) by Bean Bag Bazaar®
Offered by Comfort Co

4.0 out of 5 stars yes I do, 12 Mar 2013
I got this for my wife so she can use it in the nursery, she loves the fact that it is wipe clean and quite big, not as big as it looks in the pictures though , the model in the photos must have been tiny as my wife is not a large girl and the bag does not wrap around her nearly as much as the photo`s suggest it might.

Stand Still
Stand Still
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant voice, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Stand Still (Audio CD)
how can you not love this cd, the songs are great and Emma`s voice is gorgeous, I fell in love with her voice the first time I heard it

Children's Wooden Farm Themed Coat Hooks
Children's Wooden Farm Themed Coat Hooks
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 12 Mar 2013
nice idea but really could to with being a little better made with stronger wood, it is nice and bright though

Coleman 203393 Instaclip Mantle (Pack of 3)
Coleman 203393 Instaclip Mantle (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 12 Mar 2013
does what it says on the tin, bought them for my father in law and he was well chuffed !

Unplugged and Seated  (CD+DVD)
Unplugged and Seated (CD+DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 12 Mar 2013
Rod and Ronnie what more do you need ,this is a brilliant show first shown on tv a good few years back, I saw it then and still love it now, it is funny watching Rod trying to sit down and sing rather than dancing around as he normally does and Ronnies playing is sublime as always.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3