Profile for M. Bonito > Reviews

Content by M. Bonito

M. Bonito "mar calmo" (Lisboa, Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2
Ella & Louis / Ella & Louis Again
Ella & Louis / Ella & Louis Again
Offered by beaches_music_canada
Price: 9.96

5.0 out of 5 stars If you go to a desert island..., 6 May 2014
... these are the most important friends to have for the rest of your life. I hear those jazz albums since the the first releas at my age of ten, and I can't tell the difference of sound through the fifty seven years that passed. But I always buy the new editions of those songs I know by heart, simply by the chalenge of founding something to discover either in the immortal voices of ella and louis, or in the instrumental section of oscar peterson. I don't know if, in days to come, another invention is still coming to introduce those genius to future generations. Please listen to "moonlight in vermont" or the solo of ella in "these foolish things" and you'll forget all your troubles (if on a desert island you'll get some...).

French Opera Arias
French Opera Arias
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars She sings as if singing was the easiest human thing to do, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: French Opera Arias (Audio CD)
Everytime I listen to radio culture it's Wagner, Verdi and Puccini. This choice of French repertoire is intelligent an Federica range is apropriate to the arias. Offenbach's "Dites Lui..." from "La granduchesse de Gerolstein" is a gem.

Blues Cross Country + If You Go
Blues Cross Country + If You Go
Price: 12.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Two albums of a great era, 8 Nov 2013
Peggy Lee, just like Julie London, Hellen Merrill and Blossom Dearie are gathered in a very special place in my hear(t). I beg your pardon Barbra Streisand, I still love you, but in some different way.

A Price on His Head
A Price on His Head
Offered by soulsearchingplus
Price: 19.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Recovering a lost album, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: A Price on His Head (Audio CD)
I think "Living without you" is one of my favourite songs those times I was the age of Alan Price when he sang it it this album. That's why I could not live without this CD.

8 Classics
8 Classics
Offered by Helen's Goodies
Price: 8.06

3.0 out of 5 stars The man that got away, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: 8 Classics (Audio CD)
Sinatra had a good realationship with Ella Fitzgerald and a good teacher, he once discovered and said it, in Billie Holiday. That's why I like him and that's why he's immortal. Unfortunately the sound of these CDs is not as good as in the original albuns either vynil or CD. But it's good enough to listen while traveling on our vauxhall.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2014 5:25 AM GMT

Helen Merrill With Strings
Helen Merrill With Strings
Offered by samurai_media_JPN4UK
Price: 48.92

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect key, 8 Nov 2013
These songs, kept in 1955 "when the world was young" and Hellen Merrill was starting an outstanding career, are a wonderfull memory of how standards of that era could turn lives of such singers in something worth to hear and here again. Hellen had perhaps one of the most perfect voices of all time and it is a mystery that she is never mentioned as one of the most important singers the world has known. Please listen to these twelve songs and you'll be happy for ever.

Sarah Vaughan - Live In Prague 1978 [2007] [DVD]
Sarah Vaughan - Live In Prague 1978 [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars A Divine Voice, 8 Nov 2013
Almost at the end of her career, Sassy still represented the most important lyrical-jazz voice of her century, and one of the most exciting voices of all jazz history. This dvd is unforgetable and unfortunately unique once we don't know if one day the live shows on Gershwin repertoire, accompanied by Michael Tylson Thomas, will be released on DVD.

Peter Paul & Mary Album
Peter Paul & Mary Album
Price: 60.93

5.0 out of 5 stars They sang well, well, well, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Peter Paul & Mary Album (Audio CD)
This is perhaps the best of their albums, although 1900 was a good one too. Can anybody explain why they (like Steinbeck, John Wayne and some other right wing thought) were supporters of USA army presence in Vietnam war, or was that only a rumour? Even if that is true I will always respect their memory 'cause I consider "Sometime loving", "The good times we had", "Kisses sweeter than wine", "Hurry sundown" and "Mon vrai destin" some of the rare jewels of pop music of last century sixties.

Jazz at the Hollywood Bowl
Jazz at the Hollywood Bowl
Price: 15.71

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, 23 Nov 2012
Unfortunately I lost the 33 1/3 LP my father had brought to us in the fifties of last century. For three decades, perhaps, I was waiting for the performance of Ella in Airmail Special in that album. What I was not expecting: the fabulous sequence of Louis Armstrong that was not published until know, in this incredible double CD. I think this is a good choice when someone asks you the silly question of what to bring to a desert island.

Four Classic Albums Plus (Body And Soul / Billie Holiday At Jazz At The Philharmonic / Music For Torching / Velvet Mood)
Price: 7.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Listening while you're driving, 23 Nov 2012
I have all the registers of Billie's voice through the three decades she recorded in studio and live all over the States and Europe. This album, that contains a good choice of what made her one of the best inventors of how to sing jazz, blues and standards of american repertoire, is a good companion of my journeys when I'm driving in town's traffic jam or touring my country.

Page: 1 | 2