Profile for impact reflect > Reviews

impact reflect

Black & Decker 12v Pivot Nose Dustbuster Handheld Vacumn
Black & Decker 12v Pivot Nose Dustbuster Handheld Vacumn

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome piece of kit!, 12 Oct 2010
We bought our first B&D handheld vac about 20 yrs ago, a little 4.8v(?) machine which lasted approx 6yrs before being disposed of because I couldn't get replacement batteries. Since then we have tried three home-brand vacs from the main 'price comparison' stores, and another from a High Street shop whose name also starts with an 'A'.
None of them lasted more than a year ..... we thought we'd save money this way!? What a mistake that was!
In the end I checked the shop with the 'A' name and saw how much it cost so I decided to come here and check the prices - a saving of 20.00. I'm very glad I did.

This vac is a great machine, it does everything expected of it.

You do not have to leave the base unit/charger plugged in all the time, only when the handheld needs recharged (we just leave it overnight and then put the base away again). The handheld would easily last for a fortnight with intermittent but daily use on crumbs, fluff, and grit etc. Today I was using a circular saw to cut wood in the conservatory (it was raining outside). I would cut the wood for 10mins and spend 15mins vacuuming the floor and all the sills and chairs etc. This went on for 4hrs, and there's still tons on juice in it.

The neat thing about this handheld is that there's a sliding power button that can stop at a half-way point (half power). This is more powerful than any other vac we've ever had, and it will still pick up grit and stones that get walked into the house or car.

The nozzle is 40mm wide by 20mm deep - which is about the average size for most handhelds, so there's no complaints there. The pivoting nozzle is a lifesaver and can get into any corner or crevice. At first I thought the release button for the locking nozzle was in a bad position - on the right side of the handle; I thought it should have been on the left side. But realised it had to be a design feature to stop people like me releasing it with their thumb when in use!
It is real easy to empty and clean, and a surprise when you see just how much dirt it can hold.

The only gripe I sort of have is that there are no indicator LEDs on the handheld to show when it has full power or is draining, but the sound & suction tell you that anyway! Bit of a no-brainer really!

From now on it's back to quality branded goods, no more own-brand stuff in this house, it's a false economy!

Driving Test Success ALL Tests 2009/2010 Edition (PC)
Driving Test Success ALL Tests 2009/2010 Edition (PC)
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA
Price: 2.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything on one disc!, 23 May 2009
Bought this for my daughter but had a look through it myself first. If I were to do my test now, I'd fail ..... especially in the 'bad habits' dept! This DVD is not just useful to learner drivers but also those who want to bring themselves up to spec'.
Excellent item that's well put together and includes all the various components that you'll ever need. It means you don't even need to buy the Highway Code separately.

Vusys HD19A 19" TFT Monitor with speakers - Silver/Black
Vusys HD19A 19" TFT Monitor with speakers - Silver/Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp as a pin!, 2 Oct 2006
My wife bought me one of these monitors for my birthday and I've got to say it's excellent value for money. The screen is crystal clear with no dead pixels and it has a very bright image with clear, clean and crisp colours. It is a great monitor for photo editing - which is what I mostly use mine for - but it is also great for general use eg email, shopping, forums, surfing the net or watching videos on Youtube etc.

The stereo speakers, which are rated at 2watts, are more than sufficient for normal music and audio playback. Most desktop speakers are rated at 2watts and I have found no loss of quality from the on-board units. Besides, they keep the desk clear of clutter (from separate speakers, that is). It really all depends on your sound card; you'll get better results from PCI Sound Cards as opposed to basic on-board sound & graphics. If anything, PCI Cards demand better results from your monitor/speakers than normal built-in sockets!

Why have I given it 4* instead of 5*, well, it simple. I'll never rate TFTs with full marks until I get one with a glass screen! Hope that helps?

Easy Media Creator 8 Suite
Easy Media Creator 8 Suite

1.0 out of 5 stars Bloated, slow and a waste of money!, 23 Nov 2005
This app is, as was said earlier, full of bugs. Many of the controls/functions are hard to find, almost hidden, unless you spend a lifetime looking for them.
The only difference I can see is that this version allows you to copy music to DVD. Apart from that everything's the same as v7 or v7.5 which load almost instantly whereas v8 takes ages and is broken into the various segments (a new window has to load the specified prog each time you want to do something).
I have been using Easy CD Creator and MGI Photosuite from the time of their original release but now that Sonic has basically taken the reigns its become top-heavy and non-user friendly.
Honestly, stick to v7 or v7.5 if you've any sense?

Anywhere But Home [CD + DVD]
Anywhere But Home [CD + DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding value, 17 Dec 2004
The DVD was well worth going through a repeat of 'Fallen' tracks. You have the concert, the official vidoes and the behind-the-scenes footage. Somewhere in the region of 31/2 hours of stuff! Let's not forget the Live CD of the concert!?
I can't find one single fault with this package; even the Amazon price tag was more than admirable!
Go get it, you won't be sorry or disappointed!