Profile for DJF > Reviews

Katie Morag's Island Stories
by Mairi Hedderwick
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Books, 8 Feb 2014
I wasn't so sure when I bought this book as it seemed a little expensive for one paperback toddlers book. However when i received it I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were 4 full stories and it was a good thick book. I have loved the Katie Morag stories for years. They are about the type of island life that most children will never see. The stories are about everyday happenings some of which may happen to children but others which involve purely the island life. They are well written and easy to read with excellent pictures on each page.
I bought this for my Great-Neice's birthday (I always buy her books) and was pleased to discover that there is a Katie Morag series on CBeebies which she loved. This book perfectly complimented that. I hope that her love for the TV series will mean that she will want to spend time with the books as well.

Long Reach Nail Scissors
Long Reach Nail Scissors
Price: 7.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Good Cut, 8 Feb 2014
I bought these nail scissors to prevent having to bend down so much to cut toe nails. However I am most dissatisfied with the blades. The blades are not terribly shap meaning that quite a bit of effort is needed to make a cut. The ends are very blunt making it difficult to cut into the edges of toe or finger nails. I was also not happy that the blades had serrated edges. This left my nails feeling rather rough & caught on socks etc. A smoother, sharp cut would have avoid all of these.

I do like the angle of the scissors but am so unhappy with the actual cutting that I shall be returning to basic nail scissors. As far as I was concerned they were an expensive waste of money.

Elmer
Elmer
by David McKee
Price: 3.46

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Story, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Elmer (Paperback)
I absolutely love the story of Elmer and have done since I first read it to my children over 20 years ago. Elmer feels a little bit different and left out of the elephant group de to his bright colours. However, he plays a practical joke on the whole herd who fall about laughing and create an annual Elmer day.
This is a very gentle story that acknowledges that it can be difficult and lonely being different from the herd. However it comes around at the end to celebrate Elmer's uniqueness and turns a negative feeling into a positive one.
A good fun story with a positive message.

Vileda Magic Mop Flat Refill
Vileda Magic Mop Flat Refill
Offered by san direct
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Should Do - Mops!, 8 Feb 2014
I find it quite difficult to get these mop refills in my local supermarkets so it is nice to be able to order one from Amazon. The refill is easy to clip into place in a matter of seconds - no complicated removing pieces etc. As mops go it does what it is supposed to do, mops the floor! It does squeeze well without you needing to get your hands soaking so is ideal for a quick wipe up of a spill.

Charlie 75ml Red Perfumed Body Spray
Charlie 75ml Red Perfumed Body Spray
Offered by Pharmacy Place
Price: 2.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice yet not overpowering, 8 Feb 2014
This was bought as part of a stocking filler for my daughter. My daughter has numerous allergies and struggles to find deoderants and body sprays which don't cause a reaction. The Charlie range have always been suitab le for her to use so she sticks to it. It has a good but not over powering scent.

Impulse Lovely Little Tin
Impulse Lovely Little Tin
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Extra Gift, 8 Feb 2014
This was a lovely little stocking filler that I bought for my daughter for Christmas.
There Are 3 different scents dependent on your mood. They are also an ideal size to pop into a handbag if you are going to be out all day. This was ideal for my daughter as she is often in a hot office environment and meetings all day and likes to freshen up a bit during the day.
This suited my daughter perfectly & I would buy this again for her.

4 Pairs High Performance Ladies Ski Socks Long Hose Thermal Socks Size 4-7
4 Pairs High Performance Ladies Ski Socks Long Hose Thermal Socks Size 4-7
Offered by i-Smalls Ltd
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely & Warm, 17 Jan 2014
I bought these for my daughter for their thermal properties - she rides a scooter and it gets very cold in the winter.
These socks were absolutely ideal and I am tempted to get her some more. They are thick and very comfortable. My daughter says they keep her feet warmer than other thermal socks she has had in the past. They are nice & long and keep her leg up to the knee warm.
These are excellent ladies thermal socks in nice colours (makes a change from black). They are comfortable and warm and do exactly what they should do - keep your feet & legs warm!

Kitchen Craft My London Square Cake Tins, Set of 2
Kitchen Craft My London Square Cake Tins, Set of 2
Offered by MMP Living
Price: 18.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 17 Jan 2014
These are absolutely wonderful & I wished I had bought a set for myself - I gave the ones I bought to my daughter.
They are a really good size with firm fitting lids.
These really do look as good as the photo - trendy tins which can be left on the side & look good. Ideal for the younger baker.

Delight 5 Pack Ladies Full Knicker sizes 10-22 (18)
Delight 5 Pack Ladies Full Knicker sizes 10-22 (18)
Offered by Happy Days Clothing

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Last, 17 Jan 2014
I bought this pack of underwear as I required some quick & cheap underwear. They did arrive promptly.
At first glace they seemed to be ok & coped with the first wash before wearing. However, when trying them on I realised that they are rather stingy with the material. I am not a big woman but these didn't go up my back far enough. They certainly aren't as comfortable as other basic brands of full knickers. After wearing & washing them no more than 2 or 3 times they started to come apart along the seam.

Yes, these are cheap and would do for a couple of wears but I would have expected them to be more comfortable and long lasting. I certainly won't be buying these again & will return to other cheap brands when required.

Trespass Tandem Outdoor Holdall - Black, One Size
Trespass Tandem Outdoor Holdall - Black, One Size
Price: 21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy & Cofrtable to carry, 17 Jan 2014
It is always very difficult to guage the size of a bag when buying online - volume or size given is very difficult to picture. Consequently this bag was a little smaller than I had anticiapted but still big enough for what I wanted it for.
This bag appears to be well made and sturdy which is vital as my teenage son is using it for his sports gear. It copes very well with the standard throwing around that sports bags received. It is easy & comfortable to carry with a nice wide shoulder strap.
This would be ideal as an overnight or possibly a weekend bag. It copes well with wear & tear so bashing around on a train or in a car would be fine. A nice useful little bag.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4