Profile for e.d.simpson@durham.ac.uk > Reviews

Complete Bagpuss [VHS]
VHS
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah happy memories of a programme of my youth, 2 July 2000
This review is from: Complete Bagpuss [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Bagpuss is unsurpassed in the nostalgia stakes. As a small child (many, many years ago) I recall being as excited as it was humanly possible to be whenever I knew Bagpuss was to be on the television. Now it fills me with happy memories to watch the episodes and recite my favourite passages. A triumph. Why was this not released sooner!
"Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss, Old fat,furry cat-puss, Wake up and look at this thing that I bring. Wake up, be bright, Be golden and light. Bagpuss oh hear what I sing."

Bedrooms And Hallways [VHS] [1999]
Bedrooms And Hallways [VHS] [1999]
VHS
Offered by Film Frenzy Fast Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool film. Best I've seen for a long time, 17 Mar. 2000
I love this film. Definitely one to watch curled up with your loved one. It has everything: comedy, tears, fit blokes..... What more can one want! My particular fabourite is Tom Hollander as Darren. Triumphantly camp, rejoicing in being what he is, and not giving two hoots for anyone else's opinion. Magnificent.

Great Organ Classics
Great Organ Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid choice of programme, and sublime performance, 13 Jan. 2000
This review is from: Great Organ Classics (Audio CD)
Having spent almost 5 years at the Durham College where William McVicker was senior organ Scholar, and having been constantly told about the legend that is William McVicker in the organ-playing world, I am finally glad to hear him play. This CD contains an inspired programme of music, which shows off beautifully both the range and capability of the instrument, and the fantastic talent of the organist. My particular favourite is Lefebure-Wely's wonderfully tasteless "Sortie in E flat", a marvellously fairground-style piece with some great opportuities for the organist to show off to his audience. A top class performance!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2011 5:15 PM BST