Profile for S. Slack > Reviews

Content by S. Slack

S. Slack (Sheffield, England)

Page: 1 | 2
mini pro tank clearomizer 2.4ml for ce4 ce5 and ce5 . shisha pen atomizer
mini pro tank clearomizer 2.4ml for ce4 ce5 and ce5 . shisha pen atomizer
Offered by Friller UK Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jun 2014
I've been using the plastic ones from the local high street store. These are in a different class. They ooze quality.

There's a bit of weight to them as they are all metal and the flavour is a little different, too. Not in a bad way, just different. I guess because the mouth piece is metal and not plastic. Best of all, no burnt taste!

The biggest difference for anyone new to these is that they fill from bottom. Unscrew the bottom half and fill from there. Mine produced vapour on the first draw and seems to be a lot more robust than the all in one plastic chambers.

Ordering some more as soon as I have posted this :)

Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Minolta MD, MC, Rokkor Lens to MFT Micro 4/3 Four Thirds System Camera Mount Adapter, for Olympus Pen E-PL1, E-P2, Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, G2, GH2, GF1, GH1 G10
Offered by Lumière-Shop Siegward Schmitz

5.0 out of 5 stars MD Does not mean Motorola Dynax!, 3 Jun 2014
My fault, I didn't research properly and should have got the correct adaptor :(

That said, the build quality is great and the fit snug and smooth on my Lumix G3. Can't mark it down because I bought the wrong thing so 5 stars.

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 - Grey Retro Gameboy Style Slim Fit Hard Back / Cover / Case / Shield / Protector Accessories for mobile phones
Offered by OLIVIA'S PHONES

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool case, 3 Jun 2014
Ok, it's not going to protect like an OtterBox (or even some of the cheaper alternatives) but for sheer "cool-ness" and price, 5 stars.

Motorola Moto G Premium TPU Hydro Gel Case Cover included Screen Protector and Polishing Cloth , 2 Capacitive Stylus Pen Multiple color
Price: £2.85 - £11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Jun 2014
The gel case is a snug fit and has a really nice feel to it. I expected something like a jelly texture, but this is quite rigid and I suspect quite protective. It's also textured where you hand grips the case when taking a call which is a nice touch.

I have to disagree with some other reviewers and say that the screen cover was perfect. I put it on before I popped the phone in the case. Maybe that is where people have been going wrong.

Saving Mars (Saving Mars Series Book 1)
Saving Mars (Saving Mars Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great opener for the series, 31 Mar 2014
I actually reviewed the second book in the series first as I felt that I needed more of the story before I could give an honest opinion.

Good story, great characters and about the right pace. Probably more for the teen sci-fi fans. I'd put it on the shelf along with Hunger Games & Uglies. This series is something I'd pass on to my daughter to read and not be worried about her getting board or reading anything inappropriate!

Fans of Orson Scott Card, Dan Simmons, Arthur C. Clarke will probably wish for something a little more challenging but for what I think is the target audience, it's really quite good!

Vidal Watermelon Slices 3 Kg
Vidal Watermelon Slices 3 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Need More!, 31 Mar 2014
So nice and so many. Just unfortunate that my pugs found my stash while I was out and went to town on them.

Defying Mars (Saving Mars Series Book 2)
Defying Mars (Saving Mars Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sci-Fi for Teens / Hunger Games Crowd, 31 Mar 2014
Enjoyed this and the first book in the series, Saving Mars, but feel that they may have been better as one volume.

This would definitely be a hit with people who enjoyed The Hunger Games and Uglies. I've already recommended it to my daughter.

For me, I wish there had been a little more meat on the bones of the characters as they were introduced in the first book and would like to have seen that added to during the second. More of Jess and her Brother Ethan's back story would have been most welcome before the story kicks off into space. How did Jess become such a good pilot, why is Eth such a genius? That's true for the other "big names" also - Harpeet, Crusty, Pavel etc. What makes them tick?

Will I buy the next books in the series? Certainly! I'm looking forward to reading them but personally, I like a little more depth in my Sci-Fi. Orson Scott Card, Dan Simmons - the detail they pour into a story.

Then again, Saving Mars is, I think, aimed at a different demographic for which it has it about right :)

CST Classic Tuscany (C1313) 700x38c Wired Tyre 660g (40-622) - Black
CST Classic Tuscany (C1313) 700x38c Wired Tyre 660g (40-622) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tyre, 25 Mar 2014
Just done shy of 1900 miles on a set of these before the tread on the rear tyre was getting to low. Front probably had another couple of months in it.

Daily commute used mainly on cycle path & some road without ever getting a puncture...although that could just be good luck! Would definitely have another set.

The Hal Leonard Pocket Music Dictionary
The Hal Leonard Pocket Music Dictionary
by Leonard Hal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 18 Mar 2014
My daughter asked for a music dictionary for her A level course. She tells me that this has everything she needs. :)

High Quality Bb Clarinet Neck Corks 1 Big and 3 Small Clarinet Parts
High Quality Bb Clarinet Neck Corks 1 Big and 3 Small Clarinet Parts
Offered by lotmusic_sz

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Perfect, 18 Mar 2014
Followed some instructions I found on the web and the repair plays better than the original according to my daughter. Dad's can fix anything :)

Page: 1 | 2