Profile for Christopher M. Craib > Reviews

Content by Christopher M....

Christopher M. Craib

The Wisden Guide to International Cricket 2011
The Wisden Guide to International Cricket 2011
by Steven Lynch
Price: 7.63

5.0 out of 5 stars the Wisden guide to International Cricket 2011, 7 Jan 2011
Up-dated bios and stats as at the end of September 2010 makes this a truly worthwhile guide for the 2010/11 Test Season. I found it very useful for providing info on the Aussies during the Ashes Tour, although Beer stumped Steven Lynch (not much of a surprise in that regard - his inclusion stumped everyone apart from Shane Warne). It will hold me in good stead for the 2011 tours when Sri Lanker and India come to England. A top notch guide for cricket lovers of all ages.

Persian Surgery Dervishes
Persian Surgery Dervishes
Price: 26.63

5.0 out of 5 stars As wonderful as ever, 19 Sep 2010
Like John Shuttle (above) I too bought this on vinyl as a French import. However, I still play my original copy. I have bought many CDs as a convenient alternative to my (extensive) vinyl collection. For some reason I have not followed this route with Mr Riley, somehow the organic feel of vinyl delivers the essence of his music, whereas many of those 12" albums remain in storage (in guest room and off site) I have 'In C'; 'Rainbow in Curved Air'; 'Shri Camel'; 'Happy Ending' (music composed for the film "Les Yeux Fermes" and the title which is the subject of this review 'Persian Surgery Dervishes' to hand in my listening room. As the quality of my music reproduction gear has improved over these many years I keep returning to these albums with never diminishing pleasure; they retain the ability to feed my soul and uplift me in a way that very little other music can.